Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Think he first shows up in the first visit to the hell area, before Devil reassumes control and gives him the "Big guy" nickname (Which I think was used in the MCU as well).

Also I think this was after or around the Rick-Abomination fight as well, where Devil reverted to Savage's persona after he was badly damaged by Betty (Who ate his heart to 'hard reset' his healing).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 01-09-2022 at 11:52 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Fantastic Member

Instead of Hulk's Knull being a being that surpasses TOBA, maybe it's more like Knull being the origin of symbiotes.

Meaning..

Cates run was described as "Donny Cates and Ryan Ottley Seek Out the Final Answer to the Hulk's Uncontrollable Rage in a New Series".. and Cates said he had this idea since he was a kid, so he probably going to introduce some being as the source of all rage and Hulk is his avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Think he first shows up in the first visit to the hell area, before Devil reassumes control and gives him the "Big guy" nickname (Which I think was used in the MCU as well).

Also I think this was after or around the Rick-Abomination fight as well, where Devil reverted to Savage's persona after he was badly damaged by Betty (Who ate his heart to 'hard reset' his healing).
    Riiight, I forgot about those two, and AC definitely happens after Betty kills Savage, since she's the one who flied Banner to that mass graveyard where Ross' corpse is (Which turns out that was an LMD, but that's another story).

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    Instead of Hulk's Knull being a being that surpasses TOBA, maybe it's more like Knull being the origin of symbiotes.

Meaning..

Cates run was described as "Donny Cates and Ryan Ottley Seek Out the Final Answer to the Hulk's Uncontrollable Rage in a New Series".. and Cates said he had this idea since he was a kid, so he probably going to introduce some being as the source of all rage and Hulk is his avatar.
    That sounds like it'd give some outside source for Banner's rage, which honestly wouldn't be interesting for me, since all of the rage is related to Banner's own trauma, and Immortal Hulk really pushed that.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Now I feel justified in dropping Cates' Thor if he's just creating another Knull type villain in his Hulk run. It's like he didn't even bother to understand the point of Ewing's run with The One Below All and just wants to create another grimdark, badass cool looking villain that he can oversaturate his stories with.

That was quick
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Immortal Hulk got an extra volume collecting the annuals and extra issues.

The 'dark' Hulk kind of 'sounds' a bit like Devil....

BANNED

Its probably not, but if this ends up being Kluh, i am 100% instantly dropping this. Not only would that not make sense, but i dont wanna see that wasted garbage again.

So I guess this is "Hulk's Hulk" huh? But if that's the case, why Bruce is upset with all Hulks? They did nothing wrong, this "dark one" to blame...

Ultimate Member

Interesting.

Cates does seem to be taking parts of previous Hulk stories (particularly Immortal Hulk) and doing something else with them.

The part I'm really curious about is this "Dark Hulk" that's taken control over the Hulk. He sounds like Devil Hulk but Devil wasn't a villain. And Banner said he had a deal with this thing, so it's something that he's already familiar with.

Maybe that Dark Hulk is something "alien" to him and not another alter.
    Last edited by Username taken; 01-15-2022 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Interesting.

Cates does seem to be taking parts of previous Hulk stories (particularly Immortal Hulk) and doing something else with them.

The part I'm really curious about is this "Dark Hulk" that's taken control over the Hulk. He sounds like Devil Hulk but Devil wasn't a villain. And Banner said he had a deal with this thing, so it's something that he's already familiar with.

Maybe that Dark Hulk is something "alien" to him and not another alter.
    If inremver correctly it was something that popped up during fear itself and was kind of "erased" of existences during a weird defenders mini(the one with red she Hulk being creeped out by Dr Strange...) it was actually never clear what it was, albeit had a kind of weird chaotic effect on reality, as animal man level of creepiness and horror.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    If inremver correctly it was something that popped up during fear itself and was kind of "erased" of existences during a weird defenders mini(the one with red she Hulk being creeped out by Dr Strange...) it was actually never clear what it was, albeit had a kind of weird chaotic effect on reality, as animal man level of creepiness and horror.
    You are thinking of Nul, he was teleported to a different dimension. I don't think he has any connection to Hulk anymore, i mean he was only a part of Hulk for a short while because Hulk picked up Serpents hammer that made him and a bunch of others "Worthy".

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

That was quick
    Well, Banner said Hulk's the immortal one, not him, so I guess the run's over? .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

As mentioned before this could be Hydra Hulk unleashed since Devil is dead, although Devil said that Hulk was "wordless".