Page 41 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwyr View Post
    It's a combo platter of paper shortage, printer availability, and transport issues.
    But why it's happening only for the Hulk comics ?
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    But why it's happening only for the Hulk comics ?
    It's not just Hulk. I don't exactly how many at this point (42 Marvel titles were delayed the last I read), but the impact is wide.

Eg. The next issue of Thor isn't due out until Sept. 28, almost 4 months after the last issue.
    Last edited by Kolwyr; 07-13-2022 at 06:20 PM.

Ryan Ottley's contract ends with issue #12, but I don't know if Donny Cates is sticking around after that or not.
    No, Ottley has a 12 issues deal, his last issue should be 14.

Marvel Preview: Maestro: World War M #5
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/07/15/ma...world-war-m-5/

Marvel Preview: Maestro: World War M #5
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/07/15/ma...world-war-m-5/

I'm always happy to see Maestro, but this series and the ones before it have a lot of missed potential.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I'm always happy to see Maestro, but this series and the ones before it have a lot of missed potential.
    Like I said before, it's had its ups & downs, but overall I don't think these recent Maestro series have ever really grabbed me.

And since Maestro is an evolution of the Merged/Professor Hulk of that time, it feels like a series that is 10+ years too late, with little relevance to the current Hulk.

Fantastic Member

Regardless of how bad the Maestro storylines have been, I'm always up for a Doom battle. I just hope they don't humble Victor too badly.

Ultimate Member

Like I said before, it's had its ups & downs, but overall I don't think these recent Maestro series have ever really grabbed me.

And since Maestro is an evolution of the Merged/Professor Hulk of that time, it feels like a series that is 10+ years too late, with little relevance to the current Hulk.
    Given the crap Hulk goes through, I feel that a well written Maestro will always be relevant to his mythos.

But that would require them treating him as Bruce Banner, and not another persona

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Given the crap Hulk goes through, I feel that a well written Maestro will always be relevant to his mythos.

But that would require them treating him as Bruce Banner, and not another persona
    For me, it feels like the Hulk is on a different trajectory now. Back in the day, you could draw a clear line between the Merged/Prof. Hulk and the Maestro, but today's Hulk?

If they were to go with "Evil Hulk of the Future" now, it wouldn't be some petty dystopian tyrant. Even if they didn't go full TOBA Hulk, he's trending in a more cosmic-mystical direction, and much more powerful. I could see him winding up a Lovecratian Cosmic Horror (even without TOBA, he was showing signs of that) or just a world-breaking uber-monster. If he can tap into his power to generate laser-like vision and massive gamma explosions, what else could he figure how to do given another century or so?

Ultimate Member

For me, it feels like the Hulk is on a different trajectory now. Back in the day, you could draw a clear line between the Merged/Prof. Hulk and the Maestro, but today's Hulk?

If they were to go with "Evil Hulk of the Future" now, it wouldn't be some petty dystopian tyrant. Even if they didn't go full TOBA Hulk, he's trending in a more cosmic-mystical direction, and much more powerful. I could see him winding up a Lovecratian Cosmic Horror (even without TOBA, he was showing signs of that) or just a world-breaking uber-monster. If he can tap into his power to generate laser-like vision and massive gamma explosions, what else could he figure how to do given another century or so?
    Ewing is the exception, really.

But a Hulk that's finally stopped running, and decided to take charge? To have made peace with himself and still decide to actually become the monster?

Yeah, that's a timeless Hulk story

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Half of me is excited, half of me is worried this will be a disappointing story like the Maestro minis.

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    Half of me is excited, half of me is worried this will be a disappointing story like the Maestro minis.
    Hah same feelings here
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    Going by the way he's characterized the Gray Hulk in the New Fantastic Four miniseries, I have absolutely no faith in this.

That aside, it's probably an unpopular position, but I've grown to hate how much the Gray Hulk has been defined by the Joe Fixit arc.
    Last edited by Warstory; 07-20-2022 at 06:53 PM.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Honestly think this should have been done during the >INSERT TITLE NAME HERE< Forever series that went on about 10 years ago.
    X-Men Forever was promised to be a continuation of the Claremont era but diverted in a whole new direction because of what he had revealed in various interviews over the years.
    New Mutants Forever...ehhhhhh, can't speak to that, I've never cared for the characters, book, in any incarnation so I have no idea how close to the vest that stayed to the premise.
    X-Factor Forever hit the nail on the head and was a direct continuation to the storyline that Louise Simonson had going before she left the book. Six issues and DONE.
    I have a feeling that it's going to be underwhelming, and filled with retcons that had nothing to do with what was going on at the time.
    Simple story that should show his chaotic return from Jarella's world, meeting Berengetti, establishing the "Fixit" identity and end with his introduction to Marlo in #347.
    Hulk had three months of "Banner downtime" as "Mr. Fixit" and that's all this mini should be. We know what happens from #349-359, give us a good story that fleshes out this page:

That's my hope, anyway.