Page 48 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

the end of "banner of war" was disappointing. We were promised a final fight between Hulk and Thor, with only one winner, but there is no winner or loser, as usual. I feel like the ending was a bit rushed.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Fantastic Member

The winner should be clear, according to the Watcher.

But there's enough room there for debates. Don't take my word for it - you'll see them.

But just to be sure, couldn't they have Deadpool pop up at the end, and interject like "In case you've gotten this far - Spoiler Alert - the winner was ...."

This was just an elevated slugfest, to distract attention from a dismal story.

There's a bit from the issue where Merged teams up with She-Hulk in which she tries to explain her whole fourth wall thing, Merged says there's nothing there and maybe she should see Dr. Samson.

I think it might be cool if there's a reference to that, apart from the whole Samson thing. Unless of course, Ty Burrell plans to come back...
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

Yea OK, Cates needs to go... 8 issues in and this is boring as all hell. Cates does not understand Hulk/Banner at all, he doesn't understand DID, everything is completely different to where Ewing left it at, without any explanation. The next arc is another rehash of Planet Hulk that we have seen a million times before...

Like i knew Cates wouldn't be good with story or characterization on Hulk but I at least expected some fun action and fights but even that's been completely stale and meaningless and was ruined when he gave Thor gamma and Hulk Mljonir, this issue didn't even feel like a Hulk issue but a Thor issue, it's so weird. I am tired of seeing Hulk and Thor fight a million times, we dont even get a winner this time.

I feel like Cates doesn't understand and likely doesn't even like Hulks character, so he is just picking up another paycheck, because i can't believe how massively bland his take on Hulk has been so far in every regard. Apart from the artwork, there is no reason to read the Hulk run, it's time for a change. Either get someone that's willing to dig a bit deeper into the DID stuff, show some other Hulk personalities, explore the mythos and other Hulk supporting characters as well or tell Cates to start taking the run more seriously, cause this is just garbage. 8 issues in and i don't know anything behind whats actually going on, I haven't seen any other personalities, I haven't been given a reason to care for any of it either... like why should i care to see another Planet Hulk storyline but done much worse than the original? It's a true and tried trope of every Hulk writer that literally doesn't know what to do with the character anymore, so lets do another rehash of Planet Hulk, How about you take the time to explain to us or give us at least some glimpses as to what happened to Fixit? Is Devil still a thing? Does Green Scar or Professor even exist at this point? Titans reveal was disappointing, we saw a glimpse and then he went away like a bad fart. How about we explore the characters a bit more, maybe find out who helped Banner build the control room, see what Betty is actually doing, etc... before we jump into another meaningless arc just so we can see Hulk fight in a gladiatorial arena....

Doesn't the Hulk's helmet/"Bridge" come from Modok/AIM tech (The Free Comic book day prologue).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Doesn't the Hulk's helmet/"Bridge" come from Modok/AIM tech (The Free Comic book day prologue).
    Yeah, it does.

We don't know yet how he "grafted" it onto his body.

She Hulk pilot definitely hints that MCU Hulk has unfinished business on Sakaar, leading credence to the rumors of Skaar/World War Hulk.

BANNED

This is your daily reminder that there is not gonna be a WWH movie any time soon, not in a year or 2 or 5. Maybe in 10-15 IF we are lucky but even that is a BIG if.

I could see them maybe at least using Skaar. Maybe the Hulk had some kind of relationship on Sakaar (Although maybe not an MCU version of Ceira). Pretty sure he Skaar hung out with some version of the Thunderbolts and that's been greenlighted. Skaar also could also be a somewhat more 'traditional' (savage) Hulk for the MCU as well since both Banner and Jen are 'smart' now.

BANNED

Skaar is a possibility yes, i have even seen a screenshot of him already in She-Hulk, we will see if it's fake or not in the coming weeks. But i don't expect them to do anything good with the character, he will exist as another joke character and will likely be used as an excuse for Hulk to retire and go and raise his son while others play heroes.

After all the showrunners for She-Hulk confirmed this will be passing of the torch, She-Hulk will play the role of Hulk in the movies from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    She Hulk pilot definitely hints that MCU Hulk has unfinished business on Sakaar, leading credence to the rumors of Skaar/World War Hulk.
    Really hoping that if we do get something like that that we can get an adaptation of Green Scar because merged Hulk just doesn’t feel like a Hulk but rather Banner wearing the a nerdy Hulk skin while who knows what happened to Hulk’s personality.

I totally forgot Hulk came out this week lol. I guess Hulk won? Not a very satisfying victory though, but whatever.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Skaar is a possibility yes, i have even seen a screenshot of him already in She-Hulk, we will see if it's fake or not in the coming weeks. But i don't expect them to do anything good with the character, he will exist as another joke character and will likely be used as an excuse for Hulk to retire and go and raise his son while others play heroes.

After all the showrunners for She-Hulk confirmed this will be passing of the torch, She-Hulk will play the role of Hulk in the movies from now on.
    I don't want them to touch Skaar or Sakaar unless they can do the Planet Hulk story justice (and that includes Caiera).

Although they did address Bruce being perplexed that Jen didn't have an alternate personality in her Hulk form so maybe they'll address the abuse that created Bruce's Hulk.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I mean its kind of an apples and oranges thing.

Jen's control of her Hulk form has nothing or little to do with greater emotional control from being a woman, its basically she was just less traumatized in life growing up than Bruce. Your Hulk forms are tied to your mental state and Jen's Hulk form being so relatively easier to control stems from the fact she was a far healthier well-adjusted person than Bruce or Blonksy was.

Though it does tie into how dismissive Jen is of Bruce's attempts to get her to take this seriously. Bruce is trying to tell her that being Hulk is an incredibly life-changing concern but Jen doesn't want to accept that because she wants to keep her life as is. Her character arc will be accepting that her life is now officially super and everything that comes with being a Hulk.

And this includes dealing with supervillains.