Page 51 of 76 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    I was actually referring to Devil Hulk in his true, unleashed form like in the mindscape that could have manifested in the real world but unfortunately Banner, Savage and Joe prevented this from happening. I was hoping we would see it sometime in Ewing's run, but alas it came to an end and here we are.

Actually, Gillen has expressed interest in the past with Hulk or any character with a rich lore, especially if it's unique or bizarre. And, he did the heavy lifting on the mini-series, Original Sin: Hulk vs. Iron Man, which was one of the few good things to come out of Waid's utterly boring and underwhelming run.

Kind of curious how that would've worked. Curiously when Banner's gone and Joe becomes Savage's human's alter ego, when he escapes from Gyrich he emerges with the long hair and mustache from the mindscape version, whereas before he was mainly Bruce with more facial expressions. There was a weird mutation when Green scar/Leader grows spikes and the crown a few issues before.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 08-25-2022 at 01:31 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Ultimate Member

It seems Marvel has something planned for the Hulk seeing the last episode of She-Hulk.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    It seems Marvel has something planned for the Hulk seeing the last episode of She-Hulk.
    Yea they plan to milk his likeness for the shows views. MCU basically dangles Hulk like a set of keys in front of peoples faces for a decade now without doing ANYTHING of substance and people still think MCU has some big plan for him.

Kind of curious how the Walters family seen in the show relates to Bruce. In the comics, Elaine (who is dead due to a car accident possibly arranged by Jen's first bad guy, Nicholas Trask) is Brian's sister (He also has another sister, Susan) who basically raises Bruce after Rebecca's death and Brian going to jail).

Morris was a sheriff in the comics, but he just seems to have some R/C hobby from what we see.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 08-26-2022 at 08:00 AM.

BANNED

And the She-Hulk producer confirms what i suspected, there is no set up for some kind of event regarding Hulk. When it was shown he was on a ship leaving Earth. The reason for his departure is extremely simple. He left because the producers wanted everyone to know this is a She-Hulk show not Hulk and he wont be in it most of the time.

https://thedirect.com/article/she-hu...t-earth-reason

The producer admitted that they were just "looking for a convenient way to make sure that everyone knew this is Jen's show:"

“As far as Bruce leaving, we really were just looking for a convenient way to make sure that everybody knew this is Jen’s show, and it’s not going to be about Bruce... and we just wanted to make sure people weren’t expecting to see Bruce every single episode hanging out with her, because frankly, we can’t afford it.”

While talking with The Wrap, Gao teased that there are "maybe one or two questions" egarding Hulk, but fans shouldn't expect She-Hulk to "become a two-hander with [Mark Ruffalo]:"

“Well, I will say this, it’s basically a big indication to the audience that this is definitely She-Hulk’s show and to not expect it to be Hulk’s show... however, you do get a tiny bit of a couple of maybe one or two questions answered, but don’t expect this to suddenly become a two-hander with Hulk.”

So yea, there goes the World War Hulk narrative, they literally shoot Hulk into space now just to keep him from appearing in a She-Hulk show lol, not because they plan to actually do anything meaningful with the character. I hope people realize after this that Marvel literally just does not care about Hulk, nor do they have any plans for him. He was a short plot convenience, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    And the She-Hulk producer confirms what i suspected, there is no set up for some kind of event regarding Hulk. When it was shown he was on a ship leaving Earth. The reason for his departure is extremely simple. He left because the producers wanted everyone to know this is a She-Hulk show not Hulk and he wont be in it most of the time.

The producer admitted that they were just "looking for a convenient way to make sure that everyone knew this is Jen's show:"

“As far as Bruce leaving, we really were just looking for a convenient way to make sure that everybody knew this is Jen’s show, and it’s not going to be about Bruce... and we just wanted to make sure people weren’t expecting to see Bruce every single episode hanging out with her, because frankly, we can’t afford it.”

While talking with The Wrap, Gao teased that there are "maybe one or two questions" egarding Hulk, but fans shouldn't expect She-Hulk to "become a two-hander with [Mark Ruffalo]:"

“Well, I will say this, it’s basically a big indication to the audience that this is definitely She-Hulk’s show and to not expect it to be Hulk’s show... however, you do get a tiny bit of a couple of maybe one or two questions answered, but don’t expect this to suddenly become a two-hander with Hulk.”

So yea, there goes the World War Hulk narrative, they literally shoot Hulk into space now just to keep him from appearing in a She-Hulk show lol, not because they plan to actually do anything meaningful with the character. I hope people realize after this that Marvel literally just does not care about Hulk, nor do they have any plans for him. He was a short plot convenience, that's it.
    Wow...that's underwhelming. Especially because it doesn't seem like that much thought went into it.

I don't know if people were even expecting Bruce to be in every episode.

It looks like the Hulk has been delayed so long that Damage Control is already talking about upcoming events in the past tense...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wow...that's underwhelming. Especially because it doesn't seem like that much thought went into it.

he could have easily been helping in infrastructure relief efforts elsewhere on Earth, especially in the post-blip tumult that's still going on. Repairing dams, helping build bridges, roads, irrigation lines, electrical power grids, etc. Even in his Smart Hulk status, it would go a long way to rebuild the image of the Hulk as simply a destroyer of things.

as far as revisiting Sakaar. I don't know how it could be done in a movie. I'd rather see it as a mini-series. Where the Red King takes over Sakaar, and exiles the Grandmaster. The Red King becomes "even worse". Then maybe Caiera is part of a resistance movement there.

I really don't see why some people want to see Skaar already. That would imply that Hulk was intimate with Caiera (or whoever the mom would be) during his time as a gladiator. Not impossible (and then what, he becomes 18 years old in two years?), but seriously.. why?!?!? I'm not interested in that at all. Leave it to animation.

... and when people mention "World War Hulk", I'm not sure if people are meaning the storyline where an angry hulk returns to Earth where he had been exiled by his "allies" and starts attacking them-- which did not happen in the MCU at all.. so I have no clue how some folks would rationalize that comics story being adapted to film or television.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 08-28-2022 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post

While talking with The Wrap, Gao teased that there are "maybe one or two questions" regarding Hulk, but fans shouldn't expect She-Hulk to "become a two-hander with [Mark Ruffalo]:"

This doesn't mean there isn't a Skaar/WWH storyline in the works. They're being coy here. They didn't ship him off to Sakaar just to get him out of the way for the show's sake. This is Marvel - they're clearly setting up something down the line.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Kinda reminds me of the Infinity and Endgame doesnt it? Where the Russos later admitted they didnt know what to do with Hulk so they made him absent from most of the movies in a very contrived way.
    Yea thats Hulk in the MCU for you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwyr View Post
    This doesn't mean there isn't a Skaar/WWH storyline in the works. They're being coy here. They didn't ship him off to Sakaar just to get him out of the way for the show's sake. This is Marvel - they're clearly setting up something down the line.
    Dont take this personal but the level of cope here is amazing... but sure there is one more event in September where they are meant ti reveal all the projects for the next 2-3 event which will span for several years. So lets see if they squeeze in a WWH project. And yes they shipped him to Sakaar just to get rid of him, everything else that happens is a minor afterthought. Like we know Skaar is probably coming, but thats literally it. Gonna introduce another Hulk that isnt Banner Hulk and see if he sticks for the new Avengers generation.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

What is the deal with Lyra?

She's one of Hulk's kids right?

It looks like the Hulk has been delayed so long that Damage Control is already talking about upcoming events in the past tense...

So another comic-based World War Hulk?

I thought part of the point of this run was for Bruce to get away from Earth for a while...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    So another comic-based World War Hulk?

I thought part of the point of this run was for Bruce to get away from Earth for a while...
    Yes but this is Cates, he is all over the place and constantly goes against his own word. Also seeing as he is doing Planet Hulk iterration number 571, obviously he is gonna follow it up with a iterration of WWH.
    Thats all Hulk writers that arent Al Ewing can do nowadays. I knew it was coming from Cates, i just didnt expect it for another 2 or so years at least. Kinda gives us an idea of how quuckly Cates ran out of ideas for Hulk, after just a single arc...

I wonder what was the criteria for which series got to come out and which ones got delayed? Much as I enjoy the McKay Strange series I can’t imagine it’s selling more than Cates Hulk did.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/