Page 56 of 76 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Even though I prefer the Leader incorporated with the Hulk traditionally, I'm glad he's getting some attention with this upcoming Captain America movie since he's always been an underrated villain.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I suppose it can link to the gamma experiments being linked to the super soldier serum setup in the Incredible Hulk.

BANNED

The problem with Leader as is also the problem with Abomination now is the fact that all these characters that are directly tied to Hulk will keep appearing everyone else and generations of people will watch them thinking they have little to nothing to do with Hulk. While there literally is no reason for Marvel not to make another Hulk film other than they just dont want to.

And please dont give me the universal nonsense, they made a deal with Sony over Spider-man, they got the F4 and the X-men as well. The only reason they aren't making any deals with Universal over Hulk is because they don't know what to do with the character. Otherwise they have more money then God and Universal unlike Sony with Spiderman, isn't doing anything with Hulk, he is even more useless to them than Marvel right now.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    The problem with Leader as is also the problem with Abomination now is the fact that all these characters that are directly tied to Hulk will keep appearing everyone else and generations of people will watch them thinking they have little to nothing to do with Hulk. While there literally is no reason for Marvel not to make another Hulk film other than they just dont want to.

And please dont give me the universal nonsense, they made a deal with Sony over Spider-man, they got the F4 and the X-men as well. The only reason they aren't making any deals with Universal over Hulk is because they don't know what to do with the character. Otherwise they have more money then God and Universal unlike Sony with Spiderman, isn't doing anything with Hulk, he is even more useless to them than Marvel right now.
    I think it’s more complicated than that.

Spider-man generates a LOT more money for Marvel than the Hulk. Spider-man generates literally billions in merchandise for Marvel. Not to mention that to date no Hulk movie has generated anything close to any Spider-man movie. I would bet the only reasons we didn’t get an Incredible Hulk 2 (regardless of distribution rights) is because the movie didn’t do all that well. That’s basically two disappointments in a row for the Hulk (including Universal’s own Hulk movie).

If the Hulk made Spider-man or Iron Man money I suspect Marvel would want to work out something for the character. Universal only owns distribution rights to the Hulk, I don’t think it should be so difficult to work out a deal with them (although Marvel being owned by Disney has made things a lot more complicated).

It’s also worth noting that the Sony deal with Marvel was 100% Sony’s idea, they (Amy Pascal) literally approached Marvel (Feige) and asked for help on the franchise. And she only did that because Spider-man is too much of a cash cow for Sony to run into the ground (which they were on track to doing).

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

Spider-man generates a LOT more money for Marvel than the Hulk. Spider-man generates literally billions in merchandise for Marvel. Not to mention that to date no Hulk movie has generated anything close to any Spider-man movie. I would bet the only reasons we didn’t get an Incredible Hulk 2 (regardless of distribution rights) is because the movie didn’t do all that well. That’s basically two disappointments in a row for the Hulk (including Universal’s own Hulk movie).

If the Hulk made Spider-man or Iron Man money I suspect Marvel would want to work out something for the character. Universal only owns distribution rights to the Hulk, I don’t think it should be so difficult to work out a deal with them (although Marvel being owned by Disney has made things a lot more complicated).

It’s also worth noting that the Sony deal with Marvel was 100% Sony’s idea, they (Amy Pascal) literally approached Marvel (Feige) and asked for help on the franchise. And she only did that because Spider-man is too much of a cash cow for Sony to run into the ground (which they were on track to doing).
    It's worth noting that Disney will regain distribution rights to the Hulk in June 2023.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwyr View Post
    It's worth noting that Disney will regain distribution rights to the Hulk in June 2023.
    Cool.

I didn't know that.

I suspect they will do something with the Hulk once they get the rights back. I know She-Hulk sent him into space because of "costs" but Marvel rarely leave those kinds of ends loose.

Cool.

I didn't know that.

I suspect they will do something with the Hulk once they get the rights back. I know She-Hulk sent him into space because of "costs" but Marvel rarely leave those kinds of ends loose.
    I just question if Marvel sees the use of it. Honestly I know they're doing a series with Jen but frankly I'm not sure if they quite know how to truly utilize the Hulk IP, especially when they forget or drop supporting characters (Betty for a big one), Bruce isn't going to be that prominent any more, and he's not even going to be fighting his own villains.

The fact that Ruffalo and William Hurt's Ross will never interact is one of the biggest missed opportunities of the MCU.

Betty being unceremoniously dropped angers me. Just recast her if you can’t get the old actress back, but she should have shown up or been mentioned by now. I just don’t know what they could even do with MCU Hulk in a solo capacity anymore, there doesn’t seem to be anything left for him. Gimme a Hulk cartoon that stands on its own over a Ruffalo solo film.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Betty being unceremoniously dropped angers me. Just recast her if you can’t get the old actress back, but she should have shown up or been mentioned by now. I just don’t know what they could even do with MCU Hulk in a solo capacity anymore, there doesn’t seem to be anything left for him. Gimme a Hulk cartoon that stands on its own over a Ruffalo solo film.
    Well we did have the one Hulk cartoon, Hulk Agents of Smash but that was made by the same people who made Avengers Assemble so it wasn't good.

For instance Jen wasn't a lawyer instead a stunt woman and Skaar wasn't Hulk's son.

BANNED

Hulk generates a ton for Marvel in terms of merchandise as well. Hell even during the Infinity War a time when Hulk was way less popular than during the first Avengers movie, Hulk merchandise sold more than Captain America, Thor and Ironman COMBINED. Hulk was the first movie next to Ironman to come out at the beginning of MCU when there was literally no hype or fanbase the way there is today, which is why Marvel can release not just B but even C and D tier heroes out there and still turn a profit. Hell their Eternals movie was one of the worst preforming Marvel movies next to Incredible Hulk and Black Widow, it was a financial flop made of super heroes no casual Marvel movie watcher even heard of, yet they green lit a sequel but you are telling me they are afraid a Hulk movie will make a profit???

If they released a Hulk movie today, no matter how bad it was it would make money, i guarantee you if Ant-Man can make money so can Hulk. Just the hype surrounding it would be enormous, even people like Feige and Gunn have asked reporters to stop bothering them with question about a Planet Hulk/WWH movie cause it's literally the most asked movie to be made by fans today. So stop running defenses for multi-billionaire dollar corporations. They can make any deal they want IF they wanted to. They just don't want to, because again they don't know what to do with the Hulk.

BANNED

Cool.

I didn't know that.

Wanna bet that they will do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING with him? You mean how they leave half a dozen other loose ends out there?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post

Waitaminute.. a green man with powers generated by gamma.. and no one's first thought is the Hulk? Let's be serious here.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwyr View Post
    When was this made known?
    For years and years folks have asked this very question.
    It was becoming assumed Universal might have them in perpetuity. I bought into that idea after so long.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It's hilarious how they can show Betty in a What If episode but basically make Bruce a hermit in the live-action stuff .

Fantastic Member

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainm...ct/ar-AA11K2n3

Spider-Man's Dylan Barker is returning to the role of Doctor Doom for a new Marvel's Wastelanders project, Marvel’s Wastelanders: Doom.

Marvel’s Wastelanders: Doom is a new ten-episode podcast series starring Barker, who is reprising his role from Marvel's Wastelanders: Star-Lord. Baker also played the role of Doctor Curt Connors in Sam Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy. The series, announced by Marvel Entertainment and SiriusXM, is co-written by Mark Waid and James Kim, directed by Jade King Carrol and features music and sound design by Mark Henry Phillips. Along with Barker, Marvel's Wastelanders: Doom also stars Danny Burstein as the Hulk, Keith David as Kingpin, John Hawkes as Klaw, Kristen Johnston as She-Hulk, Elijah Jones as Johnny Claymore, Rebecca Naomi Jones as Valeria, Hamish Linklater as Sandman, Nadine Malouf as Cora and Luke Kirby as Maximus.