Page 74 of 76 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576 LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1139
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I think what I found most annoying is the Doom chick

She was way too over the top, especially how much she going on and on about her sexual conquests and how much she wants sex

Just in general pretty annoying

Is that pretty much the last time we saw the Green Scar persona more or less (Because when they re-emerged by the time of the Waid run/Hickman's Avengers, he had reverted to savage and then became Doc Green)? Immortal Hulk he was possessed by the Leader so it wasn't "really" him.

Although there is the Hulk in the first two issues of Totally Awesome who seems smart, but that could just be the last remnants of Doc Green/Extremis.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Any guesses as to when the new creative team will be announced? (Or if they'll start with a new #1?)

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Any guesses as to when the new creative team will be announced? (Or if they'll start with a new #1?)
    100% certain they will restart with a new #1 and be loaded with 20 variant covers, 12 of which will have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE HULK!
    Probably with hype it up with some hot artist (who will only be contractually obligated to draw maybe three issues), a somewhat-established writer to get the series going on a good note before handing it off to a writer with little or no credentials and turn it into a semi-sleeper hit before getting rebooted again because a new letterer or colorist comes aboard.

All kidding aside, a new #1 and a shit-ton of variants for sure.

Incredible Hulk #415
    “Jammin”
    Cover Date: March 1994
    Sale Date: January 18th, 1994
    Writer: Peter David
    Artist: Gary Frank
    Inker: Cam Smith
    Letterer: Joe Rosen
    Colorist: Glynis Oliver
    Editor: Bobbie Chase

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: The Starjammers, Atlanta, Ulysses, Hector, Cassie, Silver Surfer, Janis, Pizfiz
    Villain: Trauma
    Synopsis: Open to the Starjammers of X-Men fame staring at the unconscious Hulk floating in space. Cut to Atlanta trying to compose herself from the hyperspeed effects on Trauma’s ship. She’s caught off-guard and Trauma is able to stun her. Elsewhere, Ulysses, Hector, and Cassie are holding their own against the Troyjan soldiers until Trauma demands their surrender, with Atlanta in his grasp. Back aboard the Starjammer, the Hulk awakens and introductions are made between he and the Starjammers. A quick recap is given on the situation and then we segue to Achilles and Prometheus still arguing about what had transpired last issue. Achilles doesn’t give a damn about Banner and makes it clear that he’s invulnerable, and that it’s time to start choosing whose side he’s going to be on. On the Troyjan homeworld, we see Trauma’s father, Armageddon getting an update on his son’s mission. Suddenly, a transmission comes in about the Starjammers and the Silver Surfer running their blockade, and he arms himself for the upcoming battle. Outside, we see the Hulk, Starjammers and Surfer making their way through the defenses. Cut to Reno, where a stressed and depressed Rick Jones is still bemoaning the current situation with the Hulk, Avengers, and Marlo. A knock at the door has him rush out of the shower and two oddly dressed individuals are trying to deliver a message. We know them as Janis and Pizfiz from the dystopian future of the Maestro, but Rick has no idea and a struggle ensues. Back in space, the Hulk and company have made their way further into the Troyjan capital, but are stopped by a diminutive yet blustery high lord named Vittio. He demands they surrender for their crimes and be sent to Armageddon for their judgement. Begrudgingly, they agree. Meanwhile, Trauma and his captives have arrived and are introduced to Armageddon. Banter between them reveals information about Agamemnon that sheds a new light on the situation and the Pantheon’s existence in general. It seems that Troyjan science is responsible for their longevity, not a god, and that in return, the Troyjans are free to reclaim any of his descendants for whatever reason. Should Atlanta not abide by this agreement, the Earth and every Pantheon member’s life will be forfeit.
    Commentary: Man, no offense to Ron Lim, but part of me wishes that Gary Frank should have had a shot at the Surfer title. Page 15 is damn sweet. I can sort of understand Frank’s frustration on wanting more action in the stories. Although that panel is sweet to look at, it’s not really all that exciting in terms of what the Surfer is capable of and what we’ve seen him do over the years. Here we get Janis and Pizfiz from Future Imperfect. I’ve thought about covering it here, but not entirely sure I can do it justice. I could post a link to a synopsis and give my thoughts on it, but we’ll see. Also, Achilles’ heel turn starts here. And the insight on the Pantheon and the Troyjans…interesting, but kind of a let down. The letters page also acknowledges the passing of Bill Bixby. I remember reading articles in the paper and seeing news reports about it, but reading it in the comic had me playing the “Lonely Man” theme song in my head over and over and over…

Amazing Member

Avengers and Hulk are the only books I don't know what to expect next on 2023.
    I would like Hickman or Mackay, but not Gillen , is not bad but idk if he fits on a non team book after Iron Man

Fantastic Member

Planet Hulk Worldbreaker #2 Preview:
    http://www.multiversitycomics.com/pr...orldbreaker-2/

Incredible Hulk #416
    “The Big Bang”
    Cover Date: April 1994
    Sale Date: February 15th, 1994

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: The Starjammers, Silver Surfer, Atlanta, Hector, Cassie, Ulysses, Achilles.
    Villain: Trauma, Armageddon
    Synopsis: The Hulk, Silver Surfer and Starjammers are being led by Vittio to Armageddon’s throne room. The Troyjan ruler greets them and introduces Trauma and Atlanta as future husband and wife. Elsewhere in the compound, Achilles has arrived and broken Hector, Cassie and Ulysses from their cell. Cut back to the Hulk and company, as Atlanta explains the situation and confirms the tithe between Agamemnon and the Troyjans. Banner doesn’t give a damn and intends to free Atlanta, which results in a fight. The Troyjans seemingly have the upper hand, until the Hulk is able to goad Trauma into a one-on-one fight. Against his better judgment, Armageddon agrees. The other Pantheon members make their way into the same area and do battle against him. The Hulk and Trauma’s fight ends abruptly as the Hulk shoves Trauma against a wall, impaling him with his own shoulder armor. Trauma cries out in shock, halting all hostilities. With his dying breath, he releases Atlanta and company from the tithe and passes away in his father’s arms. Armageddon orders them to leave, as the Hulk offers his condolences. He ominously orders him to save it for himself, he’ll need it.
    Commentary: Solid issue, wasn’t expecting the ending. Again, a soft showing for the Silver Surfer but damn, does the Frank/Smith art team do a wonderful rendition. I wasn’t expecting Achilles to make the rescue, as he had made his intentions clear about his feelings for Banner and the upcoming conflict. But hey, family and all that. The ending was touching, as it showed the Trauma was truly in love with Atlanta. He got his kind words and expired in peace. And the ominous words by Armageddon…this is solidified my feelings on the merger coming to an end. I didn’t know when, what or how, but it was coming. I was a regular reader of Marvel Age and Wizard Magazine, but I can’t remember if they were promoting anything else…except Future Imperfect. Speaking of which, I have come to the conclusion that I cannot do the series justice. I will post a link to a better synopsis with some screen shots, but they’re more in-depth that I even try to be (even on my favorite past synopsis).

Second issue of Worldbreaker was alright, Jen’s fate reminded me of 40k’s God-Emperor. I think the decompression is hurting the pacing, not much is actually happening issue to issue, but it should read better in the trade.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Second issue of Worldbreaker was alright, Jen’s fate reminded me of 40k’s God-Emperor. I think the decompression is hurting the pacing, not much is actually happening issue to issue, but it should read better in the trade.
    Yea i notice more and more writers struggle to pace their stories properly. There are issues that come out that have a lot going on in them and then issues that feel like nothing much happened. Even Immortal Hulk had a similar problem.

Still i think it was a fine issue, looking forward to the next one.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post

Incredible Hulk #416
    “The Big Bang”
    Cover Date: April 1994
    Sale Date: February 15th, 1994

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: The Starjammers, Silver Surfer, Atlanta, Hector, Cassie, Ulysses, Achilles.
    Villain: Trauma, Armageddon
    Synopsis: The Hulk, Silver Surfer and Starjammers are being led by Vittio to Armageddon’s throne room. The Troyjan ruler greets them and introduces Trauma and Atlanta as future husband and wife. Elsewhere in the compound, Achilles has arrived and broken Hector, Cassie and Ulysses from their cell. Cut back to the Hulk and company, as Atlanta explains the situation and confirms the tithe between Agamemnon and the Troyjans. Banner doesn’t give a damn and intends to free Atlanta, which results in a fight. The Troyjans seemingly have the upper hand, until the Hulk is able to goad Trauma into a one-on-one fight. Against his better judgment, Armageddon agrees. The other Pantheon members make their way into the same area and do battle against him. The Hulk and Trauma’s fight ends abruptly as the Hulk shoves Trauma against a wall, impaling him with his own shoulder armor. Trauma cries out in shock, halting all hostilities. With his dying breath, he releases Atlanta and company from the tithe and passes away in his father’s arms. Armageddon orders them to leave, as the Hulk offers his condolences. He ominously orders him to save it for himself, he’ll need it.
    Commentary: Solid issue, wasn’t expecting the ending. Again, a soft showing for the Silver Surfer but damn, does the Frank/Smith art team do a wonderful rendition. I wasn’t expecting Achilles to make the rescue, as he had made his intentions clear about his feelings for Banner and the upcoming conflict. But hey, family and all that. The ending was touching, as it showed the Trauma was truly in love with Atlanta. He got his kind words and expired in peace. And the ominous words by Armageddon…this is solidified my feelings on the merger coming to an end. I didn’t know when, what or how, but it was coming. I was a regular reader of Marvel Age and Wizard Magazine, but I can’t remember if they were promoting anything else…except Future Imperfect. Speaking of which, I have come to the conclusion that I cannot do the series justice. I will post a link to a better synopsis with some screen shots, but they’re more in-depth that I even try to be (even on my favorite past synopsis).

I remember that Gary Frank Hulk cover being use for the character select screen portrait for Hulk in Capcom's Marvel Super Heroes.

Incredible Hulk Future Imperfect
    Cover Date: December 1992
    Sale Date: December 22nd 1992 and January 26th 1993
    Artist: George Perez
    Colorist: Tom Smith
    Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Rick Jones, Janis Jones, and various others.
    Villain: The Maestro
    Synopsis
    : https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Hulk:...erfect_Vol_1_1
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Hulk:...erfect_Vol_1_2

Incredible Hulk #417
    “Party Animals”
    Cover Date: May 1994
    Sale Date: March 15th, 1994

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Doc Samson, Rick Jones, Betty Banner, Marlo Chandler, Mrs. Chandler, various members of the Avengers, Fantastic Four.
    Synopsis: Open to the Hulk knocking on Doc Samson’s door. Although done softly, it still break’s down, startling the psychiatrist. His demeanor is off, words are spoken softly (and lettered in lower case), with a glassy look on his face. Samson is making small talk, about how he’s leaving and and intends to restart his practice elsewhere. The Hulk is quietly staring at a mirror, oblivious to it all. His reflection changes from himself to the Maestro and he violently smashes it. Samson is startled and is shocked to see the Hulk collapsed on the floor an emotional mess, whimpering for him not to leave. In Reno, Betty arrives at Marlo’s and lets her know that she’s finished cancelling all of the wedding plans for her. To her complete shock, she sees Marlo and Rick…ummm…basking in their afterglow and saying the wedding is back on. Betty then does her own version of a Hulk-out and we cut to a short scene of Captain America, the Human Torch and Invisible Woman playing a friendly game of pool, with Cap explaining about Rick’s wedding and the situation with the Avengers. He’s intent on showing up, regardless of his association with the Hulk and Pantheon. Back in Reno, Samson is getting caught up on the issues with Banner. There’s a small recap of the Future Imperfect story, and bits and pieces of are dropped. Banner can’t continue on, despite Leonard’s protest. He leaves the office, but not before telling him the reason he bottled up anger and rage was because he saw what his father was like in that state. He didn’t want to be like that, causing the personality fragments, but the most haunting part of the Maestro was looking into his face and seeing his father’s eyes looking back. Sometime later, we see the Hulk, Betty, Rick and Marlo waiting for Marlo’s mother at the airport. Some funny small talk is exchanged, and an awkward comment dropped about Marlo’s relationship with “Mr. Fixit”. More cut scenes at the Mount between Hector and Ulysses, and then at Marlo’s. It all ends up at a local establishment where we see the bachelor party in full effect. Rick is pretty hammered, his unidentified Teen Brigade members spiking the punch, etc. It’s interrupted by who we’re to believe is a femme fatale villainess, but in reality, a stripper. It’s quite the opposite, as the women are at male strip bar and “whooping it up”. Unlike the men, their festivities are interrupted by criminals attempting a robbery. Back at the men’s party, we see them loading up a stage film, which is being touted as an “artistic”. Turns out, it featured Marlo, much to Rick’s shock and embarrassment, and pretty much everyone else’s. The issue ends with the Impossible Man making an appearance, and insinuating that many more individuals probably didn’t get a wedding invitation.
    Commentary: Coming off the heels of Future Imperfect, this was a helluva funny issues. The luggage gag, the Fixit comment, bachelor party, one-offs and gags galore. I still enjoy it, 28 years later. No letters column, but a black & white image framed in black honoring the passing of Jack Kirby. I remember seeing that and going “WOW!” Although I was never a Kirby Hulk fan, I loved his work on the FF, Thor (sans Colletta) and Captain America. His Hulk never did it for me, it was inconsistent and never maintained a standard look. It’s why I loved Ditko’s stint. His look didn’t deviate, Kirby couldn’t remember how many fingers and toes he had, body hair and the brow….wasn’t my cup of tea.

Last edited by McFarlane's Green Hulk; 12-16-2022 at 08:02 AM. Reason: stupid images and operator error

Frank's work seemed to pretty much be the template for Capcom's Hulk sprites.