Page 8 of 76 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Titan... who is this? has it ever been seen before? Some kind of ancient god of anger? strength? A peer of the Greek/Asgardian gods or "before" them?

... What was the "Kluh" personality from a few years back?
    No it's a new personality, even Cates said on instagram that this Titan is a completely new thing. What he ends up being exactly we dont know but my best guess is this is Cates making some kind of "God" of anger, but he didn't want to use the God title so he defected back the Greeks Titan moniker, which also to give him credit does fit with Hulk, because Hulk himself has been called a "titan" before.

The Kluh thing was a one-time thing, it was an artificial personality created from the whole Axis event that inverted a lot of characters. Even Ewing himself has said that he doesn't consider Kluh a real personality just one specifically tied to the circumstances of the Axis event. And that is true because Kluh appeared when Hulk got sad.... Hulk has gotten said a million times before, in fact you can argue that he gets sad almost as much as he gets angry and Kluh has never appeared before except for that Axis event.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I thought that was Hulk possessed by Fear Itself or Hulk working for Hydra Cap.
    Fear Itself Hulk was Nul.

And Hydra Cap Hulk is still an unknown, the best guess so far is that it was mindless Hulk, either way neither were Kluh.

The problem with Titan, at least from my point of view, is that it is a very overused term in Marvel lore.

Within Marvel comics, 'Titan' is:
    1) One of the Superguardian Schools of the Shi'ar Imperial Guard.
    2) The moon of Saturn, terraformed and colonized by the Eternals Mentor and Sui-San.
    3) A term describing a collective of Eternals, clones and constructs that populate the moon Titan. Thanos is a member of the Titans.
    4) An Atlantean beast that fights the Avengers sometimes.
    5) A race of colossal A.I.s that live within black holes / singularities. Mostly relevant to the X-Men titles.

Not to mention the actual Titans, progenitors of the Greek Gods, also exist in Marvel Comics with regards to Hercules's story.

Titan is not a bad name for a 'Evil Hulk God', but I'm afraid it won't be distinct enough.
    I feel like Cates should have dug deeper into other myths besides the overused Greek ones when coming with names.
    Something like 'Asura' from Indian mythology could have been better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    The problem with Titan, at least from my point of view, is that it is a very overused term in Marvel lore.

2) The moon of Saturn, terraformed and colonized by the Eternals Mentor and Sui-San.
    3) A term describing a collective of Eternals, clones and constructs that populate the moon Titan. Thanos is a member of the Titans.
    5) A race of colossal A.I.s that live within black holes / singularities. Mostly relevant to the X-Men titles.

Not to mention the actual Titans, progenitors of the Greek Gods, also exist in Marvel Comics with regards to Hercules's story.

Titan is not a bad name for a 'Evil Hulk God', but I'm afraid it won't be distinct enough.
    I feel like Cates should have dug deeper into other myths besides the overused Greek ones when coming with names.
    All of those things are fairly obscure tbh, i mean more people know about Xemnu being called Hulk than they know about all those things. Like i am an avid comic book reader and i knew none of those things of the top of my head, except for the Moon of Saturn... but that's a moon that is also called that IRL.

There is no way he could have called a new Hulk personality Asura, when there is a very popular game out called Asuras Wrath whose protagonist already gets compared to Hulk a lot. For me personally it would have been super distracting.

The problem with Titan isn't gonna be his name, i mean Hulk has been called that before
    FJlKvz6XoAMRnXc.jpg
    Also fun fact 'the last Titan" was the alternate name to Peter Davids The End Hulk book and in fact it's still translated that way in some other languages.
    Hulk_Kraj_KoricaFINAL-01.jpg
    The real problem is gonna be him distinguish him from Knull, cause literally everyone is just gonna call him Knull 2.0, especially since Will Moss the editor literally called him Hulks Knull... if Cates doesn't make him unique and interesting enough on his own, he will remain in Knulls shadow as just a copy of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    No it's a new personality, even Cates said on instagram that this Titan is a completely new thing. What he ends up being exactly we dont know but my best guess is this is Cates making some kind of "God" of anger, but he didn't want to use the God title so he defected back the Greeks Titan moniker, which also to give him credit does fit with Hulk, because Hulk himself has been called a "titan" before.

The Kluh thing was a one-time thing, it was an artificial personality created from the whole Axis event that inverted a lot of characters. Even Ewing himself has said that he doesn't consider Kluh a real personality just one specifically tied to the circumstances of the Axis event. And that is true because Kluh appeared when Hulk got sad.... Hulk has gotten said a million times before, in fact you can argue that he gets sad almost as much as he gets angry and Kluh has never appeared before except for that Axis event.
    Not only that, but the Doc Green persona was a bit of an anomaly itself; basically it was the Savage Hulk (Which was the main Hulk in Waid's run and the earlier Hickman Avengers) given Extremis around the time of the Original Sin crossover (I think in order to heal Banner's bullet wound-he was shot in human form by Betty who was doing her own superhero thing at the time as Red She Hulk). This resulted in him gaining intelligence and developing a gamma cure.

However it was only temporary, and presumably ran out after Secret Wars (The Hulk that gave Amadeus his gamma sounded more like Green Scar I think, but of course Savage was back for good by the time of Immortal Hulk).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

We can fix this by refering to this personality as "Tighten" .

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    The real problem is gonna be him distinguish him from Knull, cause literally everyone is just gonna call him Knull 2.0, especially since Will Moss the editor literally called him Hulks Knull... if Cates doesn't make him unique and interesting enough on his own, he will remain in Knulls shadow as just a copy of him.
    If it ends up being like Knull, then Tighten will be really lame, 'cause Knull had a rather generic villain personality with not much charm, and he went down like a bitch once Eddie became Captain Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    We can fix this by refering to this personality as "Tighten" .

If it ends up being like Knull, then Tighten will be really lame, 'cause Knull had a rather generic villain personality with not much charm, and he went down like a bitch once Eddie became Captain Universe.
    I think they are not talking about that Knull, but about the Knull personality that showed up during fear itself and caused a wave of "diom patrolesque" wave of creepiness in the world that took a new formation of the defenders to take it out of commission .
    But really change nothing of your statement. Or make this personality different and unique or would be 2.0 of the old knull that apart the eldritch aura was a non character

I think they should justcall it daikaju, is a name never used in MU, and probably fit the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    I think they are not talking about that Knull, but about the Knull personality that showed up during fear itself and caused a wave of "diom patrolesque" wave of creepiness in the world that took a new formation of the defenders to take it out of commission .
    There was more than one Knull? Lol.

But really change nothing of your statement. Or make this personality different and unique or would be 2.0 of the old knull that apart the eldritch aura was a non character
    The funny thing is that, being a non-character can work, you can say TOBA has even less of a personality than Knull, and that's the point, he's a force of nature of destruction, he's not meant to be a character, problem is how Cates decided to pretend Knull is a character, who becomes weirder the more you think about him, like how much he hates life, yet he created life to have an army lol.

It could be pointed out that he created symbiotes for the sake of accomplishing his goals and that he'd kill them too, but at no point does it even look like he's annoyed at having to use them.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

The funny thing is that, being a non-character can work, you can say TOBA has even less of a personality than Knull, and that's the point, he's a force of nature of destruction, he's not meant to be a character, problem is how Cates decided to pretend Knull is a character, who becomes weirder the more you think about him, like how much he hates life, yet he created life to have an army lol.

It could be pointed out that he created symbiotes for the sake of accomplishing his goals and that he'd kill them too, but at no point does it even look like he's annoyed at having to use them.

https://images.app.goo.gl/vSBhg2GNpEN7evkD8

Knull was the serpent possessed Hulk, that eventually evolved in a pitch black creepy Hulk, an Hulk's Hulk.
    https://images.app.goo.gl/d1MHTTbu1Vd68YCr5
    It was weird.

Anyway the whole death God shtick is itself paradoxical. You essentially the embodiment of the lack of life but your sentient , filled with features and emotions of the living being, and if you wan to do anything you still need to create some servants to do stuff. Not just Knull(the space god not the Hulk version, that now I realise should be called kulh not knull....so much confusion) but all death and entropy embodiment. Why do they even have human like personality?? There is no point in it!

Wonder if Hulk will have any part to play in the Judgement day crossover. Probably not; he's not exactly on the best terms with the Avengers at the moment, hasn't really done too much with the Eternals and although he's dealt with the X-men here and there he's never been a huge part of them apart from his connection to Wolverine.

https://www.cbr.com/new-fantastic-fo...n-ghost-rider/

PAD writing Joe in his Vegas days again.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/new-fantastic-fo...n-ghost-rider/

PAD writing Joe in his Vegas days again.
    I'm a Joe Fix-it fan so I'd check it out.

Just read 3. Curiously the Hulk in Banner's head, which I assumed to be Savage, talks in the normal first person. Almost sounds a bit like Green Scar?

Witness the fight that will smash the Marvel Universe at its core! �� 'Hulk vs. Thor: Banner of War' kicks off this April
    https://twitter.com/marvel/status/14...059711495?s=21
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/