Page 9 of 76 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Holy shit that's one cool mecha! (Iron Man should really have more giant robot)

Fantastic Member

Poor Hulk, he's got some horrible diarrhea from the looks of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That looks incredible! I will be picking up this issue to say the least. A Celestial Hulkbuster armor! I hope it's successful and actually beats or lasts against the Hulk. If they make a figure out of this I must have it. Although it'll probably cost some serious coin.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Fantastic Member

Interesting info from the solicits:

Launching in April, Marvel's biggest hitters will duke it out for their 60th anniversaries in HULK VS THOR: BANNER OF WAR! Donny Cates, the acclaimed writer behind both HULK and THOR, will team up with rising star artist Martin Coccolo in a story that will smash both character's current sagas together in a glorious showdown! The five-part crossover will kick off in April's HULK VS. THOR: BANNER OF WAR ALPHA #1 before exploding in the pages of both Hulk and Thor's hit solo titles throughout May and June.

In May's THOR #25, part two of "Banner of War," Banner's newfound control of his rage is prolonging the fight more than Thor expected, and with Banner holding his own, Thor must get creative. Odin's breakthrough look into Banner's psyche seems to slow the violence, but will it be enough?

Later that month in HULK #7, part three of "Banner of War," Iron Man interrupts a pivotal moment of Hulk and Thor's battle to settle a score. Equipped with new "Celestial Hulkbuster" armor of his own design, Tony is convinced that he can ensure Thor's victory and Hulk's capture. But sometimes what you don't know really can hurt you

Check out some of May's covers now, including a stunning connecting pair by artist Chrissie Zullo, and witness the fight that will smash the Marvel Universe at its core when HULK VS. THOR: BANNER OF WAR ALPHA #1 arrives on April 27!

Last edited by Cth; 02-04-2022 at 02:02 PM.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Fantastic Member

The hidden TIH easter egg in Thor Ragnarok..

https://www.slashfilm.com/595359/eve...worst-to-best/

The Edward Norton Hulk Easter Egg You Never Noticed In Thor: Ragnarok

The Marvel Cinematic Universe has a glorious way of connecting its characters to storylines from the past. While fans are usually quick to spot Easter Eggs, one of the most fascinating examples planted in "Thor: Ragnarok" was only discovered a few years after its release. And it has a surprising connection to "The Incredible Hulk," the film that saw Edward Norton as Bruce Banner/The Hulk.

As you might already know — Mark Ruffalo wasn't always The Hulk. The actor began his MCU career when he was recast in place of Edward Norton, who played the superhero in "The Incredible Hulk" (2008). Norton and Marvel Studios both have varying reasons for the recasting decision. The actor has asserted it was of his own volition, and he wanted to have more diversity in his career. At the same time, Kevin Feige announced he wanted to bring in an actor who respected the collaborative spirit and creativity his team brought to the project. Marvel Studios and Edward Norton might have unresolved beef, but that didn't stop the former from continuing to respect the character's experiences.

The Hulk was recast with a new actor stepping in to take the reigns. Still, it appears that Marvel Studios hoped to preserve some sort of continuity for the character and planted an Easter Egg which referenced the 2008 version of the eternally angry superhero in Taika Waititi's "Thor: Ragnarok."

After Mark Ruffalo joined the MCU, the studio's creative team had to redesign the character, mainly because Hulk is based on performance capture work which includes facial expressions. The 2008 film represented Norton's interpretation of the character to allow Ruffalo the same opportunity, so CGI Hulk's face needed to map the actor's expressions accurately and be based on him. The new Hulk is also less ripped — and resembles Mark Ruffalo more than anything. But that doesn't mean Marvel Studios erased Norton's performance or Hulk's personal experiences (remember that fight against Abomination?).

After Hulk's disappearance at the end of "Avengers: Age of Ultron," he resorts to living the Gladiator life in Sakaar as the Grandmaster's champion. When Thor and Hulk are reunited on the artificial trash planet, Hulk is roped in to save the Asgardians from Hela, Thor's sister and Odin's firstborn. The film featured clever Easter Eggs from Hela knocking over the fake Infinity Gauntlet — to a direct callback to "The Incredible Hulk."

In 2019, a Reddit user noted that Norton and Ruffalo's versions of the characters were the same. In the events that ensue during "Thor: Ragnarok," eagle-eyed fans remarked that Hulk displayed a mysterious scar on his chest.

"In Thor: Ragnarok, Hulk has a round scar on his chest. This is a continuity callback to 2008's The Incredible Hulk, starring Edward Norton."

Fantastic Member

When does it come out? That's the confusing part.. the solicits say 3/9 but the article says 3/30

HULK: GRAND DESIGN - MONSTER #1 – 75960609966500111

Written by JIM RUGG
    Art and Cover by JIM RUGG
    On Sale 3/9

Hulk's Incredible 60-Year History Told Through the Eyes of One Visionary Storyteller
    Jim Rugg’s HULK: GRAND DESIGN begins on March 30!

Fantastic Member

And in other news..

Weapon H joins the Savage Avengers team.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #373
    “Mending Fences”

Cover Date: September 1990
    Sale Date: July 17th, 1990
    Writer: Peter David
    Artist: Dale Keown
    Inker: Sam De La Rosa
    Letterer: Joe Rosen
    Colorist: Glynis Oliver
    Editor: Bobbie Chase
    Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Betty Banner, Doc Samson
    Antagonist: Doc Samson
    Synopsis: We open to the Gray Hulk pushing against the mental block to prevent the Green Hulk from escaping. A goofy Lou Ferrigno comment distracts the Green Goliath long enough for the Gray Goliath to shut the door and lock it. He tries chastising Banner about letting him out again and realizes it’s going to be that much harder to keep him in control. Back in the real world, Bruce and Betty are trying to get over the shock of seeing each other again, but are interrupted by the police who are looking into why Betty jumped off the train. Bruce ends up steals a motorcycle and they make their escape. Cut to a dark alleyway in some unnamed town with police chasing an unnamed youth with a guitar. (32 year old spoilers, it’s Rick Jones). Back to Connecticut, where the local police are investigating the Hulk’s battle with Prometheus. FBI agents arrive and take charge, who then contact the Army after Bruce and Betty zip by on the motorcycle. They end up taking refuge in the convent Betty had just left and Bruce gives vague answers to Betty and the Reverend Mother when asked about his whereabouts and what the Hulk was doing while Banner was out of commission. Before anything else can happen, the Army and Doc Samson arrives. Banner changes into the Hulk as the sun sets and a battle ensues. One of the soldiers lobs a grenade at him and it ends up landing in the Hulk’s mouth, where it’s stuck. He ends up giving himself the Heimlich Maneuver and tricks Samson into believing shrapnel has damaged his eyes. He then thrashes Samson around and he and Betty take their leave. Later on, Betty and the Hulk have an argument about the Hulk’s whereabouts and their feelings for each other, that ends in laughter after a snide comment about gamma irradiated support groups.
    Commentary: Well, here’s where it’s cemented as Banner being a multiple personality. No more gray to green evolution, and we’ll see what each Hulk represents in a few months. A lot of good one-liners in this issue. The Green and Gray Hulks battling for who is going to be the dominant Hulk could have been a fun storyline, but we didn’t see it in the fashion that the 1996 Hulk cartoon did. I would have liked that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    And in other news..

Weapon H joins the Savage Avengers team.
    People keep saying that mini was good but the concept is so stupid I don’t know if I’ll ever muster up the energy to go check for myself
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    People keep saying that mini was good but the concept is so stupid I don’t know if I’ll ever muster up the energy to go check for myself
    Just finished it. It was...ok, I guess.

If main series of the same quality as Wolverine/Hulk/Weapon H mini, I won't touch it even if someone pays me.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    When does it come out? That's the confusing part.. the solicits say 3/9 but the article says 3/30

HULK: GRAND DESIGN - MONSTER #1 – 75960609966500111

Written by JIM RUGG
    Art and Cover by JIM RUGG
    On Sale 3/9

Hulk's Incredible 60-Year History Told Through the Eyes of One Visionary Storyteller
    Jim Rugg’s HULK: GRAND DESIGN begins on March 30!
    Now I'm really confused

Just saw this new interview (2/6/22) and it says March 16th..
    https://monkeysfightingrobots.co/int...G4LNEFjA05n8VE

.. but the press release says:
    Retailers, don’t forget to order your copies of HULK: GRAND DESIGN – MONSTER #1 by Monday, February 7!

BANNED

I love this Rugg guy already,

MFR: What story arc did you like the least?
    RUGG: The Pantheon. I hated it. It was the storyline that made me quit reading Hulk. And when I look at it critically, it’s the least Hulk-like arc and runs for 4 years. I can see how a creator would go in this direction. It’s a different take on the character. But I feel like it turned a unique character into something generic. It featured a civilized Hulk in a costume – i.e. like most of Marvel’s superheroes. And Hulk was constantly getting his ass kicked during this arc. I don’t read Hulk because I want to see Hulk smashed. The supporting cast of the Pantheon bored me as well.

I love creators that dont mince words and are brutally honest, when i got to this question i expected the generic response "Oh all of it was great i dont have any story line i like the least", nah he just straight up says he hated it lol. I look forward to Hulk Grand design a lot more now.
    Last edited by Intothevoid; 02-07-2022 at 09:34 AM.

373 was certainly called back a few times during the last part of Ewing's run. Even that cover. Also shows Joe's development that he went from that to protective "older brother" for Savage, even in his human form.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth