Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Okay but WHAT was that business with Rogue and Destiny and gates and souls(iirc?) and what not, fam??!
    That was the bit that annoyed me most about X-Men #12, but mostly just because the way it was written it treated the mention of Destiny's vision of a gate as though it were something readers were already familiar with when like, it had to have been mentioned off-the-page considering its the first we've heard of that. I mean Irene mentioned needing Rogue at her and Raven's side in the coming future, but for an all important destiny, the actual details of her vision, or her telling Rogue about that vision, are weirdly nowhere to be seen. When I read that in X-Men #12 it drove me nuts at first, looking through IM #3 and Irene's previous appearance in X-Men trying to figure out if I was missing a scene somewhere, lol. But no, the scene just...doesn't actually exist, lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    That was the bit that annoyed me most about X-Men #12, but mostly just because the way it was written it treated the mention of Destiny's vision of a gate as though it were something readers were already familiar with when like, it had to have been mentioned off-the-page considering its the first we've heard of that. I mean Irene mentioned needing Rogue at her and Raven's side in the coming future, but for an all important destiny, the actual details of her vision, or her telling Rogue about that vision, are weirdly nowhere to be seen. When I read that in X-Men #12 it drove me nuts at first, looking through IM #3 and Irene's previous appearance in X-Men trying to figure out if I was missing a scene somewhere, lol. But no, the scene just...doesn't actually exist, lmao.
    Right?! I was kind of starting to wonder if I missed something. It seemed a bit wedged in there. Not really following the show, don't tell rules here.

I mean, I like a good thought bubble ... or maybe thought convo in this case? But an actual scene or even an annoying phone call from Irene would have been better.

To address the paper shortage, certain x-writers have committed to saving resources by having meaningful character interactions happen off-panel. It frees them up to feature more giant space monsters and robots, you know, the essential stuff.

Keeping that in mind, Gambit and Rogue will finally be reunited via an off-panel Zoom conference call.

Gambit will update his social feed with: I’m alive! And Rogue will ‘heart’ it.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Rogue and Gambit by Tholia Bentz

Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    To address the paper shortage, certain x-writers have committed to saving resources by having meaningful character interactions happen off-panel. It frees them up to feature more giant space monsters and robots, you know, the essential stuff.

Keeping that in mind, Gambit and Rogue will finally be reunited via an off-panel Zoom conference call.

Gambit will update his social feed with: I’m alive! And Rogue will ‘heart’ it.
    LMAO I'm back to civilization and have all my cell bars and this answer made my day.

And THIS is glorious! Beautiful art.

Clearly Marvel is up to some nonsense they intend to drag out, just going off the timing of their release order.

Not sure if these have been pushed back further, but just going purely by publish dates I don't see any way real Gambit is appearing at the Gala, yet I also don't see how Rogue would show up there if she knew anything was wrong with him in Otherworld.

Clearly KoX doesn't resolve until midway through Judgment Day. And this Gambit solo feels like some kind of attempt to appease fans that are mad about him being killed off by his worst writer in recent memory.

It's all just aggravating as all get out.

July 13 – hellfire gala / AXE eve of judgement #1
    July 20 – knights of X #4 / judgement day #1
    July 27 – gambit #1 / house of 92 #3
    August 3 – house of 92 #4
    August 10 – judgement day #2
    August 17 – x-men #13
    August 24 – marauders #25 / judgement day #3 / AXE death to mutants #2
    August 31 – x-men #14 /Knights of X #5 / gambit #2
    Sept 7 – gambit #3/ house of 92 #5
    Sept 14 – judgement day #4
    Sept 28 – gambit #4

I'm not feeling into AXE at all, but my guess is that fills Rogue's time now she's off X-Men and with nowhere to land officially announced yet. Sighs friends. SIGHS. I forsee more bland punching in her immediate future.

I want to get excited about this Gambit solo with CC at least giving him his personality back, but it feels so blatantly like throwing us a bone. A bone that has no real impact on where Remy stands currently as a character or how he's being treated. And that just makes me feel resentful about the whole thing.

Is it weird to say that sometimes it feels like fans value these characters more than the company that owns them or the writers that write them?

The only thing that keeps me hanging in there is the hope that X-Men '97 is coming next year and will hopefully give them a push again.

Yeah, I'm starting to feel that the Hellfire Gala look for Gambit was a big ol' bait-and-switch. Or just Dauterman having some fun since he likes the character.

I'm interested to see what '97 will be like. I keep hearing different rumors and leaks about other characters, so I'm dying for any morsel of info on Rogue or Gambit
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    And THIS is glorious! Beautiful art.

Clearly Marvel is up to some nonsense they intend to drag out, just going off the timing of their release order.

Not sure if these have been pushed back further, but just going purely by publish dates I don't see any way real Gambit is appearing at the Gala, yet I also don't see how Rogue would show up there if she knew anything was wrong with him in Otherworld.

Clearly KoX doesn't resolve until midway through Judgment Day. And this Gambit solo feels like some kind of attempt to appease fans that are mad about him being killed off by his worst writer in recent memory.

It's all just aggravating as all get out.

July 13 – hellfire gala / AXE eve of judgement #1
    July 20 – knights of X #4 / judgement day #1
    July 27 – gambit #1 / house of 92 #3
    August 3 – house of 92 #4
    August 10 – judgement day #2
    August 17 – x-men #13
    August 24 – marauders #25 / judgement day #3 / AXE death to mutants #2
    August 31 – x-men #14 /Knights of X #5 / gambit #2
    Sept 7 – gambit #3/ house of 92 #5
    Sept 14 – judgement day #4
    Sept 28 – gambit #4

I'm not feeling into AXE at all, but my guess is that fills Rogue's time now she's off X-Men and with nowhere to land officially announced yet. Sighs friends. SIGHS. I forsee more bland punching in her immediate future.

I want to get excited about this Gambit solo with CC at least giving him his personality back, but it feels so blatantly like throwing us a bone. A bone that has no real impact on where Remy stands currently as a character or how he's being treated. And that just makes me feel resentful about the whole thing.

Is it weird to say that sometimes it feels like fans value these characters more than the company that owns them or the writers that write them?

The only thing that keeps me hanging in there is the hope that X-Men '97 is coming next year and will hopefully give them a push again.
    When I returned to reading comics as a young adult I was amazed at the nonchalance displayed by the big two. Instead of cultivating their properties it seemed that flavor of the month and personal opinions held sway. It seems that they where content with having some characters that sold and had no real interest in elevating potentials. Unless it was someone inside the company pushing for it. Often they decided that a character was important and pushed it. Then suddenly stopped. There was no apparent red line.

Have they gotten better? Marginally. In some cases loss of income and increase of outside comics exposre has forced them to change. Some characters are now guranteed titles.

Gambit and Rogue should be a priority. They sell. They are popular. But instead of using that they are pushing other characters. Oversaturating the line even more. They are content with just using them for covers. I can understand pushing for some characters that represent minorites. Makign the line more reflective of how society looks. But to toss characters to the side for no good reason?

A proper run Marvel would not have allowed Gambit and Rogue to be used like this. Because it is bad buisness. If Tini picked them editorial should have firmly told her after the first or second arc that she needs to do more with them. Especially Rogue due to the coma. Editorial should also have pushed for their personalites to be more in line with previous appearences. The damn third person speach for Gambit could have stayed due to creative freedom in aspects like that. But editorial should have been on Tini to use them to not only keep them viable but to grow their fanbases and their worth.

I don't know how to quote multiple people.

AppleJ Because of paper shortages, Covid, and Marvel being Marvel, I don't think that the order of releases are indicative of storylines right now.

Sandmans_Raven I wonder if that is bad news and Gambit will die and Rogue will quit or some shenanigans in '97.

Malachi, I agree but after such mismanagement I even wonder if Gambit and Rogue sell anymore. They both had rough movie appearances and Gambit in particular has been so OOC that it's hard to see new readers liking him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nopozyzy View Post

Malachi, I agree but after such mismanagement I even wonder if Gambit and Rogue sell anymore. They both had rough movie appearances and Gambit in particular has been so OOC that it's hard to see new readers liking him.
    Fair enough. I probably have a though time judging such things with any objectivity these days. So far removed from a new reader.

Quote Originally Posted by Nopozyzy View Post
    I don't know how to quote multiple people.

AppleJ Because of paper shortages, Covid, and Marvel being Marvel, I don't think that the order of releases are indicative of storylines right now.

Sandmans_Raven I wonder if that is bad news and Gambit will die and Rogue will quit or some shenanigans in '97.

Re: quoting.
    Seriously why does this board make that so hard? I also don’t know how to post spoiler text.

Re: New readers not liking Gambit.
    Maybe that’s the purpose of the Gambit/Storm mini. Reintroduce the character and why he is compelling and fun. Show he is cunning, dangerous, sexy, irreverent. Not mopey klutzy wifeguy who whines about his cats.

spoilers:
    Lets see if this works
    end of spoilers
    So the tags are [ spoil ] [ /spoil ]

Multiple quotes is very annoying to do. You have to hit reply with quote copy the text, then paste it into a new post. That's how I do it, if there is an easier way let me know.

As for reintroducing Gambit, I just hope what ever they have planed for him in KOX by the end of it they throw us a bone and stop mugging him off. Hoping KOX is a mini like some people are suspecting. I just cant see Marvel giving Gambit a mini and not ensuring he's in a good spot. So I'm cynically optimistic about how all of this will end.

Anyways here's a nice little piece by C.F. Villa (a lot of artist love him, and her, we just need to work on these writers)

https://twitter.com/ShaneMBailey/sta...03828966772736

Gambit & Rogue by Eduardo Pansica and Alexandre Tso

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I know they probably won't show up in this but at the same time I would not be surprised if they are both better represented in a Fortnite book than their actual books
    Make Good Art