Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    For you Gambit fans, a gift :
    Gambit #5 Variant
    FaSpJoGVQAAwhfq.jpg
    Yes! I was hoping he would make one of these for Gambit
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Yes! I was hoping he would make one of these for Gambit
    I must admit I didn't realise he had so many outfits.

Gambit #5 Variant
    It's awesome! I love his classic costume being front and center. It's iconic and it still works for me. I don't understand why it is not still used every once in a while. There are some costumes that should not be done away with permanently IMO, like this one for Gambit, Rogue's 90s costume, and Nightcrawler and Colossus's classic costumes as examples. They are like Spider-Man's costume, maybe a little hokey and not "cool" or practical enough for some, but the designs are just so perfect, eye-catching, and timeless.

I also wish Dauterman did interiors more often. We don't get enough of his fantastic art with just the occasional cover or Hellfire costume design.
    Last edited by thjan; 08-16-2022 at 09:14 AM.

Astonishing Member

Of course he includes the outfit he designed but which never existed in universe. Can't blame him though.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Of course he includes the outfit he designed but which never existed in universe. Can't blame him though.
    Yeah, I would have preferred that look or one of two current Excalibur looks that are featured pretty prominently to be replaced with the look Clay Mann gave him in the 2012 Gambit solo. Still very happy with it though. A great cover.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Yeah, I would have preferred that look or one of two current Excalibur looks that are featured pretty prominently to be replaced with the look Clay Mann gave him in the 2012 Gambit solo. Still very happy with it though. A great cover.
    It would be cool if he would release the individual images for each. I'd love to see some of them in more detail
    Make Good Art

Can the hardcore fans guess what the two on the right that we only see VERY partially are ? The ones on the top and on the bottom ?

Can the hardcore fans guess what the two on the right that we only see VERY partially are ? The ones on the top and on the bottom ?
    I took a stab at identifying all the costumes on the cover and posted it in the Gambit appreciation thread.

My guess for the top, right one would be the space uniform from the beginning of Mr. and Mrs. X-

Could be totally wrong on that though.

The bottom, right one could be about anything, but I am guessing the Clay Mann 2012 solo book look. Maybe? Just can't see enough of that one. Honestly could be one of the many of his different regular looks from the last two decades.

Long story short, I am not completely sure on either lol.

Gambit #5 Variant
    FaSpJoGVQAAwhfq.jpg
    I love it! Hope I can get my hands on this. Is it weird that I'm REALLY into the Shi'ar mining suit look being so prominent? Maybe it's just my longing for some Joe Mad art.

I know it's not meant this way and they won't see it this way, but I'm just going to take this solo series as an apology to Gambit fans from Marvel for the Krakoa era so far anyway. At least though the art has been pretty darn great overall from To to BobQ and these bits of gorgeousness from Dauterman. So poor Remy might sound and act like an idiot under some writers, but at least he keeps looking great.

Is August over yet? Ready for new announcements!

Also was thinking out loud on the bird app the other day ... What If? ... we had gotten a Gambit solo set in modern time Krakoa and instead of Lil' Ro for the sidekick we had new character Gimmick? Remy somehow is stuck in a situation where he needs to help her get a load of money or some particular item, to save her loved one(s)? Make it a space heist adventure. You can even bring Lila.

Still into the CC solo, just wishing for him to get something significant in the NOW. Rogue too.

i think the marriage hurt both of them.

They could be together but as Husband and Wife they havent had any special role in this Era

Rogue went to the XMEN to have nothing to do. and Gambit stick with Tini.

Sad sad sad

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    i think the marriage hurt both of them.

They could be together but as Husband and Wife they havent had any special role in this Era

Rogue went to the XMEN to have nothing to do. and Gambit stick with Tini.

Sad sad sad
    I think the marriage has neither helped them nor has it hindered them. Unless some writer wanted to write Rogue in a relationship with someone else. In that case it has definitly hindered them. But I haven't heard or seen any evidence of that.

What has hurt them I feel is just a lack of enthusiasm from the current crop of writers. This isn't the first time this has happened. Before Rogue was saved by 80's nostaliga when Gambit wasn't. Before Hickmans run I would have bet money on that he liked Rogue and would use her. But nothing. He even cut her from Inferno.

Well now Gambit is dead and apperently Rogue will do something in the future accordign to JDW.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I think the marriage has neither helped them nor has it hindered them. Unless some writer wanted to write Rogue in a relationship with someone else. In that case it has definitly hindered them. But I haven't heard or seen any evidence of that.

What has hurt them I feel is just a lack of enthusiasm from the current crop of writers. This isn't the first time this has happened. Before Rogue was saved by 80's nostaliga when Gambit wasn't. Before Hickmans run I would have bet money on that he liked Rogue and would use her. But nothing. He even cut her from Inferno.

Well now Gambit is dead and apperently Rogue will do something in the future accordign to JDW.
    Exactly. I'm sick of the argument that the marriage hurt them as characters because there's no real evidence that it has. It comes down to writers just not being interested in doing anything with them.
    Make Good Art

Is not because of readers is because writers.

There not writers besides Thompson that like to write them.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Exactly. I'm sick of the argument that the marriage hurt them as characters because there's no real evidence that it has. It comes down to writers just not being interested in doing anything with them.
    Nailed it.

That's why I'm hoping for a new writer and a shake up in the X-office.

Marriage only hurts characters when writers have limited viewpoints and imaginations on what a marriage could or should be.