Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 ... LastLast

I didn’t think about it before, but now that Sinister has appropriated Gambit’s card motif like the unoriginal basic b he is, the interlacing of the card symbols in the Rogue & Gambit title graphic scares me a bit.

I was on board with the solo series up to 4, but now I can’t even re-read the first four bc of #5. I hated the ending. Hated. It. ‘Unnecessary’ becomes the defining summary.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    I didn’t think about it before, but now that Sinister has appropriated Gambit’s card motif like the unoriginal basic b he is, the interlacing of the card symbols in the Rogue & Gambit title graphic scares me a bit.
    YES!!! I am so absolutely baffled over this whole card motif for Sinister and naturally I cannot see how it DOESN'T relate to Gambit ... although sometimes it feels like Gambit fans are the only X-Men fans that remember their significant connection. So maybe there's nothing to it at all.

But in my brain it's very much "Alarm!! Conspiracy!! Sinister of Hearts!!! X-men: The End!!! PANIC!!!!"

20221124_102847.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate!

Still waiting for that overdue awkward family dinner with Rogue, Gambit, Mystique, Destiny, and Nightcrawler with his lady of the month. I think Cerise would be a perfect date though! Round out the awkward.

Also just a quick plug to remind y'all to submit your prompt/theme suggestions for Rogue and Gambit Fanworks week! https://at.tumblr.com/roguegambitwee...6/n4j0yv91c6hh

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I mean, hope springs eternal. But I'm trying to manage my expectations. Ben Harvey, the cover artist, does seem to adore them though.

Attachment 126312
    Attachment 126313

I'd love to see some family bonding between Rogue, Gambit and Nightcrawler to he honest. I live for that stuff.
    omg these are GORGEOUS. The glowing pink power signatures on both are sick. Stunning pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Cool that G&R are getting some variants, I was going to say Whoa, how’d they get Alex Ross (I had heard he was bit of a grumpy old man type, who only likes to draw ‘iconic’ characters. But then hearing that super weird title scares me a bit, not gonna lie, lol.
    Yeah, that was always the impression I got of Alex Ross as well. He mainly seems to stick to 60s and 70s era Marvel in his art. I was surprised as well to see his name, and the description has me curious. I am definitely not expecting Rogue or Gambit on the cover.

I FINALLY got my Gambit #5 picked up and read. Kind of mixed on it tbh. Not sure it quite stuck the landing for me. Marissa ended up as a sort of paint yourself into a corner situation. CC had to find a valid reason for her to be gone after their whirlwind romance and I guess I'm glad she wasn't just killed off. But woof ... that was so grotesque and unpleasant. It also felt hella weird for her to be someone so seemingly significant to Remy, yet that he's never mentioned again somehow. Meh. I guess at least she could theoretically pop-up in space sometime. It was also a little crowded for me with so many characters and I'm not sure it build much to Remy as a character or his lore beyond establishing that he had another significant past romance and knew Lila Cheney pre-X-Men. The attempt to explain the suit just seemed silly and unnecessary. Ah well, good art and good characterization for Gambit at least.
    I was on board with the solo series up to 4, but now I can’t even re-read the first four bc of #5. I hated the ending. Hated. It. ‘Unnecessary’ becomes the defining summary.
    Yeah, I felt really bad for Marissa, and I too feel like a lot of the more grotesque aspects of the story were unnecessary. I am hoping if we see her again, she will be fixed somehow. Goodness knows plenty of characters have come back from worse.

But in my brain it's very much "Alarm!! Conspiracy!! Sinister of Hearts!!! X-men: The End!!! PANIC!!!!"
    Okay, y'all are getting me worried now too! Stop it(only partly joking lol)!

20221124_102847.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate!
    Happy Thanksgiving! I had a good one.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Yeah, that was always the impression I got of Alex Ross as well. He mainly seems to stick to 60s and 70s era Marvel in his art. I was surprised as well to see his name, and the description has me curious. I am definitely not expecting Rogue or Gambit on the cover.

Yeah, I felt really bad for Marissa, and I too feel like a lot of the more grotesque aspects of the story were unnecessary. I am hoping if we see her again, she will be fixed somehow. Goodness knows plenty of characters have come back from worse.

Happy Thanksgiving! I had a good one.
    About Alex Ross, I hadn’t thought of that but your right. It is a variant cover, so it could be something completely random like Sue Storm as the Virgin Mary, lol.

About Marissa, I think CC wrote himself into a corner. Since he wanted made it such a ‘serious’, important relationship, he had to do something ‘big’ to explain why she disappeared (and was never mentioned) for literally years. If he had made it more ‘casual’, like Lila, he wouldn’t have needed something so dramatic to explain away her abesence.

Hey all, last call on prompt submissions for Rogue and Gambit fanworks week!

https://at.tumblr.com/roguegambitwee...2/5bsi01271fno

Also on a side note, if you pick up X-Treme tomorrow come give us the non-spoiler Cliffs Notes on whether Rogue and Gambit have a decent showing. I likely won't be able to pick up my copy until next week, so very curious if it'll be worth the wait.

Is XXM out tomorrow? I thought it was December 7th? Is it out early?

Edit: Oh wow it is… nice something to look forward to.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Hey all, last call on prompt submissions for Rogue and Gambit fanworks week!

https://at.tumblr.com/roguegambitwee...2/5bsi01271fno

Also on a side note, if you pick up X-Treme tomorrow come give us the non-spoiler Cliffs Notes on whether Rogue and Gambit have a decent showing. I likely won't be able to pick up my copy until next week, so very curious if it'll be worth the wait.
    Seconded on both points
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    Is XXM out tomorrow? I thought it was December 7th? Is it out early?

Edit: Oh wow it is… nice something to look forward to.
    Amazon says Dec 7 for me.

Hmm maybe it’s not out this week. Saved myself a trip by checking. Phew.

Weird. It's showing up on the Marvel.com release calendar for this week.

https://www.marvel.com/comics/calendar

But yeah, next week would be more convenient for me.

Weird. It's showing up on the Marvel.com release calendar for this week.

https://www.marvel.com/comics/calendar

But yeah, next week would be more convenient for me.
    That calendar feature is very inconsistent in its accuracy, sadly.
    I'd use it as a loose guide for "soon" rather than "this week" haha.

i used Midjourney (AI program) to mix some pictures, here are the results
    Gambit + Rogue (random art)

X-Men TAS Gambit + X-Men TAS Rogue

X-Men TAS Rogue + X-Men Evolution Rogue + Wolverine and the X-Men Rogue

X-Men TAS Gambit + X-Men Evolution Gambit + Wolverine and the X-Men Gambit