Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

I vote C as well. I’d rather start with grown kids than babies and have G&R help them through their past trauma. They’d be the most empathetic parents those two could hope for.

D. None of the Above

Nothing personal. But I'd rather keep the focus on Rogue & Remy, since they're still a young couple. Newlyweds, relatively speaking.
    Neither one of them needs the next generation/futuristic kids taking the spotlight away from them.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    As we continue our thumb twiddling and implore Marvel to give us more (quality) Gambit and Rogue content to read ...

New discussion topic. Which of their AU/theoretical offspring is your favorite?

A. Oliver and Rebecca as seen in X-Men: The End and GeNext

B. Irene LeBeau as seen in Captain Marvel (2019)

C. Maxime and Manon - fan theory from Extermination (2018)

I seriously cannot decide because I love things about all of them. I think perhaps C has the potential to be the most interesting to me from a storytelling perspective and I like how their powers are something different, yet sorta adjacent. Plus I just find twins really fun. But somehow I feel like this will probably never be more than a fan theory.
    I would have to go with A. If Irene had gotten an origin or any development or action at all though I would probably go with her. Not a fan of the Maxime and Man on theory at all, so I am glad no writer has touched that.

As we continue our thumb twiddling and implore Marvel to give us more (quality) Gambit and Rogue content to read ...

New discussion topic. Which of their AU/theoretical offspring is your favorite?

A. Oliver and Rebecca as seen in X-Men: The End and GeNext

B. Irene LeBeau as seen in Captain Marvel (2019)

I seriously cannot decide because I love things about all of them. I think perhaps C has the potential to be the most interesting to me from a storytelling perspective and I like how their powers are something different, yet sorta adjacent. Plus I just find twins really fun. But somehow I feel like this will probably never be more than a fan theory.
    A. Oliver and Rebecca.

But Irene is fun. Just need more development.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    D. None of the Above

Nothing personal. But I'd rather keep the focus on Rogue & Remy, since they're still a young couple. Newlyweds, relatively speaking.
    Neither one of them needs the next generation/futuristic kids taking the spotlight away from them.

Agreed With this , no babys for now please.

Oh, is that really a fan theory? I do remember reading that arc and thinking the same kind of thing, speaks French, colored sclera etc, glad I wasn't the only one thinking this. But I'm going to have to go with option A, mainly because we were able to read more about them, plus Remy showed up in the book and we found out one was adopted or something? I should reread this.. I wonder if Marvel will ever create a new AU like they did with the Ultimate universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    Oh, is that really a fan theory? I do remember reading that arc and thinking the same kind of thing, speaks French, colored sclera etc, glad I wasn't the only one thinking this. But I'm going to have to go with option A, mainly because we were able to read more about them, plus Remy showed up in the book and we found out one was adopted or something? I should reread this.. I wonder if Marvel will ever create a new AU like they did with the Ultimate universe.
    No-name. The blonde girl with short hair revelead that her name was Anne-Marie. They all later on became transformed to Indian identities and when that was reversed Anne-Marie stayed in her new body. Beast wondered what the people at school would think but Gambit replied if anyone wondered who she was they could just say she was his child. Explaining the name if they wondered. So in a way Gambit adopted her. Her biological parents where Neo and might be alive.

I like C because the twins have distinct designs and abilities. Not a fan of the trope where characters’ children look identical to them/inherit their exact powers. Seems very uninspired. It would be nice if Gambit and Rogue had the opportunity to experience parenthood without time travel, cloning, or alternate dimension shenanigans though

Sorry ... I think I should have clarified that this wasn't meant to be a debate over whether they should have kids in the 616 now/later/never. I think it's pretty clear that's not happening any time soon.

I was just curious which, if any, of the existing theoretical/AU kids most appeal to you as individual characters and why.

I've always been partial to Oliver and Rebecca. I liked that future for Rogue and Gambit in The End where we find them working missions together and getting a glimpse of them as parents, though I hated how Rogue was killed and so easily. The kids themselves seemed a bit too generic and a bit simple in their design, though I did like seeing some similar physical traits to Rogue and Remy.

I also adored Irene - I love the name choice and for that particular universe where Rogue was gone, I liked seeing her carry on her mother's mantle. And I like her getting Remy's eyes too.

But I think the gray twins had/have the potential to be the most interesting mostly because they are so mysterious and I like a lot about their designs and personalities. They aren't perfect angels (by any stretch), they have powers that synergize with each other in standard mutant twin fashion and also seem Romy adjacent. The black sclera are interesting. I maybe wish they weren't all gray? But it's unique.

Truthfully though, some weird amalgamation of all three would probably be closer to what I'd imagine for a real design.

I loved the kids in X-Men: The End The fight scene where one of the girls helped Gambit in a fight was class. But the book it's self was a tab bit depressing... well more like very depressing.

Any readers for KoX #2 or X-Men: '92 #2 today - let us know if it's worth a read for Rogue and/or Gambit content.

Still searching for my motivation to continue on with the X-books.

Here's the current schedule for their upcoming appearances, assuming no more print delays ... which is likely NOT a safe assumption:

June 1 – knights of x #2 / house of 92 #2
    June 22 – x-men #12 / KoX #3
    July 13 – hellfire gala / AXE eve of judgement #1
    July 20 – knights of X #4 / judgement day #1
    July 27 – gambit #1 / house of 92 #3
    August 3 – house of 92 #4
    August 10 – judgement day #2
    August 17 – x-men #13
    August 24 – marauders #25 / judgement day #3 / AXE death to mutants #2
    August 31 – x-men #14 /Knights of X #5 / gambit #2
    Sept 7 – gambit #3/ house of 92 #5
    Sept 14 – judgement day #4
    Sept 28 – gambit #4

Any readers for KoX #2 or X-Men: '92 #2 today - let us know if it's worth a read for Rogue and/or Gambit content.

Here's the current schedule for their upcoming appearances, assuming no more print delays ... which is likely NOT a safe assumption:

August 17 – x-men #13
    Sept 28 – gambit #4
    Probably the best Gambit has been so far under Tini’s pen. Witch means 4/10 for me. Several points deducted just because she keeps insisting that he talks in third person. I didn’t count it but it might damn well be every time he speaks. It seems like he might die next issue. So consider this issue Tini’s fattening up the goose before the slaughter.

Mighty Member

August 17 – x-men #13
    Sept 28 – gambit #4
    There is a brief mention from Meggan who, after Gambit gives a bunch of snack foods to the people who are rationing them, hugs him and says Rogue would be so proud of how good of a man he is. He simply says “she’s busy” but does smile on the interaction and mentioning of Rogue would be proud. It’s clear he misses being with her

In House of 92 #2, Rogue leads a team of gay/bi Marauders and it's amazing lol

She tells Gambit he can't be jealous of that crew as she points to Iceman, Northstar, Rictor, Shatterstar and Grizzly.
    Last edited by Hi-Fi; 06-01-2022 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I House of 92 #2, Rogue leads a team of gay/bi Marauders and it's amazing lol

She tells Gambit he can't be jealous of that crew as she points to Iceman, Northstar, Rictor, Shatterstar and Grizzly.
    Yeah I liked that part too. Might have have made a wonderful one shot or mini. A marauder comic I would have picked up.