Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    [insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ
    From today's X-Men X-Men Monday and this Twitter post:
    https://twitter.com/steve_foxe/statu...NGVSsxw0A&s=19 it seems like Steve is a fan.
    He loved Gambit & Rogue and RuPaul’s Drag race? I stan.

As for Gambit being the ponytailed gentleman, I’m trying to remember off the top of my head but wasn’t Gambit normally on the bottom left of the Jim Lee image trying to cop a feel on Jean Grey & getting his hand pinched? Not sure how directly they’re doing the imagine - like I remember Rogue sitting by the pool but was she alone or someone with her?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    Yeah, I think this is supposed to mirror the scene in HoX where the team with Cyclopes, Wolverine, Jean, M, Husk, Angel, etc go to Orchis and die. I'm interested in who they choose for the 5 this time.
    And in that story it was absurd for Monet to die , but even more absurd for Rogue to die from that explosion lol since her powers of strength and invulberability are even greater than Monet 's .

I say Rogue has endured without receiving a scratch Scott's optic rays to the maximum without containment, and Storm's electric discharges to the maximum laughing, I say that Remy without restraint should be somewhat superior in Dani to the previous two, but not so much as to Do lethal damage to someone of Rogue's level in the 90's.

So if it happens like in the 90's animated series we would be facing a notable nerf in Rogue's invulberability powers in this universe.

And I also assume they had to do something to test the resurrection protocols, but taking the invulnerable from the group for that seems very forced to me.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post

As for Gambit being the ponytailed gentleman, I’m trying to remember off the top of my head but wasn’t Gambit normally on the bottom left of the Jim Lee image trying to cop a feel on Jean Grey & getting his hand pinched? Not sure how directly they’re doing the imagine - like I remember Rogue sitting by the pool but was she alone or someone with her?
    Rogue was central in the image but alone, she looking at Gambit surreptitiously, Gambit was bothering Jean and the human black woman that Claremont used a lot in her stories as an ally of the xmen, I don't remember her name but I assume it was her because of the braids.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post

I'm guessing it's Gambit just by process of elimination. I don't know any other ponytailed men that would be sitting with Rogue on a cover like this. That and I doubt they would recreate the part of Gambit getting his hand pinched just based on it not aging well
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Rogue was central in the image but alone, she looking at Gambit surreptitiously, Gambit was bothering Jean and the human black woman that Claremont used a lot in her stories as an ally of the xmen, I don't remember her name but I assume it was her because of the braids.
    Stevie Hunter ?

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Stevie Hunter ?
    Yes yes, I'm almost sure it was her, because of her physical appearance, and since Cecilia Reyes had not yet been created, I think the woman I'm referring to was Steve, she was one of the human allies of the xmen, which Claremont used a lot.

Astonishing Member

I think gambit had sunglasses like that in the original, too.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    I think gambit had sunglasses like that in the original, too.
    f7690e38fbbc4ea7d0d5fb61c8cfc277.jpg

Yeah, looks like it! He has his hair pulled back here also.

I appreciate that Rogue is shooting him a hearty glare. LOL

jean, let him put sunscreen on you. you are pale AF. he's just tryin' to help. (cyke is probably staring at Cap'n Tits in the foreground anyway).

oof, and the soggy jean cutoffs getting sucked into the void where wolverine's junk used to be. yikes, no wonder they moved colossus and jubes to the foreground. BIG improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    jean, let him put sunscreen on you. you are pale AF. he's just tryin' to help. (cyke is probably staring at Cap'n Tits in the foreground anyway).

oof, and the soggy jean cutoffs getting sucked into the void where wolverine's junk used to be. yikes, no wonder they moved colossus and jubes to the foreground. BIG improvement.
    LOL I am howling ����

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Some nice Romy art by Kael Ngu

Make Good Art

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by smokey78 View Post
    I do remember one of my last posts here, I was on a scavenger hunt on the one comic panel I haven't been able to find/see since I last saw it on Tumblr years ago. It was Romy in a dark jungle? park? forest? Where Rogue looks frustrated and walks past Gambit. She's walking to the right. Next panel Gambit looks cunning/ambitious as if he's wondering if he can catch/win over Rogue.
    For the life of me I've seen/have every Romy issue but this one. They were in their original (well the 90s) costumes, I recall.
    Hi folks I finally found the panels. Whew, from a Romy Twitter after all these years. From a Spider Man issue
    https://twitter.com/romycomfort/stat...22845482401795

Quote Originally Posted by smokey78 View Post
    Hi folks I finally found the panels. Whew, from a Romy Twitter after all these years. From a Spider Man issue
    https://twitter.com/romycomfort/stat...22845482401795
    Oh funny! I saw this on Twitter today and it's the first time I've ever seen it. Not much of a Spiderman reader.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Some nice Romy art by Kael Ngu

This has kind a fun, unique vibe to it.