Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950

Looks like he may be under the influence of some spell or something. But yeah Remy seems to get weaker by the year. But hey will see.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    Rogue & Gambit #1 preview page
    Carlos Lopez is a great artist. The lines and stuff are crisp. I would say the colorist seems to have taken like a high tint to the entire page. Everything looks darker than it is but also brighter than it is. The contrast and shading and colors all seem off. The villains outfits pop out too much. And especially on Gambit his color composition seems off. His eye color seems a bit weird to me. Extremely pinkish along with the pinkish glow on the skin. making me think either someone has to be using powers around that are light based which is causing some shading and tinting issues. Or maybe the colors were different at the beginning but they tried to up the tint on everything to make the villains outfits pop. Not sure.

But like I said Carlos Artwork itself is great

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    Rogue & Gambit #1 preview page
    Huh, I'm liking the art generally. Very surprised to be getting a preview now if this doesn't launch until March.

Hopefully this is Remy getting jumped unexpectedly and he will be shown kicking ass in the next set of panels. Seems like he is landing the next punch at the end. Sometimes I want to remind writers that he can catch bullets and can sense when people are in the next room so .... Like ... yeah, it'd be boring if nobody could ever hit him, but aren't these just average everyday Assassins Guild dudes? Or is this the Hand maybe? Who can tell. I hope they're super fast is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    Looks like he may be under the influence of some spell or something. But yeah Remy seems to get weaker by the year. But hey will see.
    Maybe he's a bit tipsy? One too many adult beverages?

I'll hold judgement pending more context.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Huh, I'm liking the art generally. Very surprised to be getting a preview now if this doesn't launch until March.

Hopefully this is Remy getting jumped unexpectedly and he will be shown kicking ass in the next set of panels. Seems like he is landing the next punch at the end. Sometimes I want to remind writers that he can catch bullets and can sense when people are in the next room so .... Like ... yeah, it'd be boring if nobody could ever hit him, but aren't these just average everyday Assassins Guild dudes? Or is this the Hand maybe? Who can tell. I hope they're super fast is all.
    Ha, yeah, I want to remind them too. Actually, I really wish it was a requirement for everyone writing a Gambit series or Gambit duo series to check out at least one of the many "respect" threads about the character all over the internet. Quick and easy research for gaining a bit of understanding of the character's abilities and skills.

Also, I kind of thought the last panel was Rogue or some speedster speed blitzing the ninja.

Maybe he's a bit tipsy? One too many adult beverages?

I'll hold judgement pending more context.
    Aw man, your probably right, and that would square with the whole "if he can get out of the bar" thing from the solicit. I was really hoping Phillips wasn't going that direction with it too. I don't want sad and drunk Gambit. Sigh.

Well at least we have Captain Marvel 45 preview out and it looks like Remy has keyed in on the illusion - confirmed, that's not our Rogue!

IMG_20221229_204207.jpg

https://twitter.com/CaptMarvelNews/s...4ABdN1mng&s=19

Well at least we have Captain Marvel 45 preview out and it looks like Remy has keyed in on the illusion - confirmed, that's not our Rogue!

IMG_20221229_204207.jpg

https://twitter.com/CaptMarvelNews/s...4ABdN1mng&s=19
    Ohhh I wonder how Gambit figures out Rogues not his sweety. Glad this is coming out next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    Ohhh I wonder how Gambit figures out Rogues not his sweety.
    Rogue was being nice to him in the previous issue. it was a major red flag.

Did the colorist just forget what Gambit’s eyes look like halfway through? What is going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    Rogue was being nice to him in the previous issue. it was a major red flag.

Did the colorist just forget what Gambit’s eyes look like halfway through? What is going on here.
    Yeahhhh KT said there is a color error on the page. Oops! Hearkening back to the 90s I guess? LOL Headcannon it's due to an illusion error by Psylocke as she's feeling weird?

It's always a 50/50 call in whether a colorist remembers Rogue has green, not brown, eyes too. Jean seems to go green versus blue a lot as well.

But I was hoping the BS answer Rogue gave Gambit about why she called Carol and not him was the thing that clued him in. Obviously he was going to play along and get that kiss though.

It's always a 50/50 call in whether a colorist remembers Rogue has green, not brown, eyes too. Jean seems to go green versus blue a lot as well.

But I was hoping the BS answer Rogue gave Gambit about why she called Carol and not him was the thing that clued him in. Obviously he was going to play along and get that kiss though.
    Yep, that and the Stepford Wife behavior clued him in. Remy didn’t fall in love with her because she was a smiling superpowered doormat (no matter how much that seems the preferred female character type for some in Big Two). She has an actual personality, which is why you can still tell when it’s her versus all the characters stealing her hair lately lol.

(Also dying at how I called the unironic Judd Apatow “he could have been killed” response to the juice box squirt.)

Hey all, as our thread will most likely be getting locked tonight, I'll plan to see you all in the New Year and will start up the 2023 thread tomorrow.

As we close out the year, what do you hope to see for our couple in 2023?

Also, if you haven't already this is your last chance to vote for themes for Rogue and Gambit Fanworks week!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...a5ygw/viewform

Thanks to you all for the great discussions this year and for sharing the joy and commiseration in this thing we call fandom!