Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    [insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    Also Tini says she think Gambit is a Gemini.
    No wonder she can’t write him to save her life, that boy is a Scorpio through and through

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    No wonder she can’t write him to save her life, that boy is a Scorpio through and through
    LOL I need an explanation please. Oooorrrr ... I guess I could go look it up?

Simply put, I don't think Tini is well read on Gambit, full stop. And I'd doubt she's ever read him much in fanfic either. Her idea of who Gambit is barely intercects with what general X-Men fans think, let alone Gambit fans.

Ughhhh it is so frustrating that we're still stuck here still. I continue to feel absolutely cheated that Mr. and Mrs. X had to end for this.

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    LOL I need an explanation please. Oooorrrr ... I guess I could go look it up?

Simply put, I don't think Tini is well read on Gambit, full stop. And I'd doubt she's ever read him much in fanfic either. Her idea of who Gambit is barely intercects with what general X-Men fans think, let alone Gambit fans.

Ughhhh it is so frustrating that we're still stuck here still. I continue to feel absolutely cheated that Mr. and Mrs. X had to end for this.
    LOL I had to jump in, because my friend did an excellent breakdown of Gambit's character and why he's THE ultimate Scorpio. She's an astrology wiz, and deals a lot in mysticism, something she promises to bring a lot of into our fan-anime series. I can't recall all of what she says, but I can give you the rundown on her explanation on why Gambit is the quentessential Scorpio...

First off, she says one of the main attributes of Scorpios are how mysterious they are and Gambit from his debut was the most mysterious mutant with many secrets. Scorpios can be as introverted as they are extroverted as their high energy keeps them friendly, talkative and assertive yet they keep their personal life and secrets deep down and cut off from others, and will clam up if someone tries to probe them. This is very much like Remy with his lively personality yet hes very secretive and reserved in other areas. Scorpios are also known to bury their problems until it blows up, and thats very much like Gambit.

Chief says that Scorpios are like "fire water" as despite being a water sign they are also extremely fiery, and are ruled by both Pluto and Mars. Remy is both very cool and very fiery when he needs to. His abilites of charging energy and channeling fits into the Scorpio narrative of intensity, fire, and also combat. Yes, Scropios are natural born fighters. not just physically but also in determination. Scorpios often make good martial artists, good with weaponry, good as secret agents, espionage, even activists and make great action. They can be the leader, or work as a loner. This is totally our Ragin' Cajun!

Scorpios are also the sign of the Occult, dealing deep into mysticism, magic and ancient prophecy. they are resilient in mental and spiritual powers and can resist manipulation of other forces. How interesting because Gambit IS part of the Thieives Guild who are fighters and Occultists AND he has a backstory associated with a crazy prophecy. he also his highly resistant (sometimes immune) to psychic manipulation. according to chief she says none of the other mutants matches meta-mysticism as well as Remy does by the standards of the metaphysical community. his power IS directly channeling kinetic energy itself and idk if you all know just how much mysticism and metaphysics center around channeling energy from within and externally. she feels this is gravely overshadowed and not explored at all by writers due to lack of knowledge of such and its something she (as well as others in the group) will do deep dive into, and explore just how unlimited his powers actually are and how it coincides with him as a Scorpio.

And there's also sexuality. Scorpio is also the sign OF sex and of all the Xmen members, Gambit's character is most sex driven. he's the sexy, cool charismatic one and is the female sex magnet here. Remy is also a very sensual individual which plays into the allure of Scorpios and what makes them so attractive and captivating people.

Scorpios do have a tendancy to being manipulative and Remy can be very manipulative at times, and get this... Scorpios are KNOWN for their intense, dark, alluring and hypnotic eyes. Their eyes can captivate almost anyone and have been noted for "soul manipulation" via their eyes. of prolly all mutants, who's most KNOWN for their eyes? Who has "dark" eyes, and is hypnotic! Scorpios are also very intimate, loving and willing to do anything for those they care about. So long you dont cross them they will dedicate and sacrifice themselves for you, those they love or the cause they believe in. and i think this is an overlooked but true aspect of Remy at his best.

there's another VERY key aspect of Scorpios that she's going to bring out bright and strong for Gambit's character and its kinda a massive facelift and evolution for him. i cant say what it is, its a major spoiler but everything about it truly makes sense, its a great new path for him in taking him and his journey to the next level.

this is all i can remember, i know she said a lot more and got super technical in ways i refuse trying to remember lol but i felt what she offered gave extreme validation of him being a Scorpio. someone else mentioned Gemini and chief said Jean Grey if anyone matches Gemini far more so than Remy does, and then she explained what makes him a near perfect example Scorpio

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    LOL I had to jump in, because my friend did an excellent breakdown of Gambit's character and why he's THE ultimate Scorpio. She's an astrology wiz, and deals a lot in mysticism, something she promises to bring a lot of into our fan-anime series. I can't recall all of what she says, but I can give you the rundown on her explanation on why Gambit is the quentessential Scorpio...

First off, she says one of the main attributes of Scorpios are how mysterious they are and Gambit from his debut was the most mysterious mutant with many secrets. Scorpios can be as introverted as they are extroverted as their high energy keeps them friendly, talkative and assertive yet they keep their personal life and secrets deep down and cut off from others, and will clam up if someone tries to probe them. This is very much like Remy with his lively personality yet hes very secretive and reserved in other areas. Scorpios are also known to bury their problems until it blows up, and thats very much like Gambit.

Chief says that Scorpios are like "fire water" as despite being a water sign they are also extremely fiery, and are ruled by both Pluto and Mars. Remy is both very cool and very fiery when he needs to. His abilites of charging energy and channeling fits into the Scorpio narrative of intensity, fire, and also combat. Yes, Scropios are natural born fighters. not just physically but also in determination. Scorpios often make good martial artists, good with weaponry, good as secret agents, espionage, even activists and make great action. They can be the leader, or work as a loner. This is totally our Ragin' Cajun!

Scorpios are also the sign of the Occult, dealing deep into mysticism, magic and ancient prophecy. they are resilient in mental and spiritual powers and can resist manipulation of other forces. How interesting because Gambit IS part of the Thieives Guild who are fighters and Occultists AND he has a backstory associated with a crazy prophecy. he also his highly resistant (sometimes immune) to psychic manipulation. according to chief she says none of the other mutants matches meta-mysticism as well as Remy does by the standards of the metaphysical community. his power IS directly channeling kinetic energy itself and idk if you all know just how much mysticism and metaphysics center around channeling energy from within and externally. she feels this is gravely overshadowed and not explored at all by writers due to lack of knowledge of such and its something she (as well as others in the group) will do deep dive into, and explore just how unlimited his powers actually are and how it coincides with him as a Scorpio.

And there's also sexuality. Scorpio is also the sign OF sex and of all the Xmen members, Gambit's character is most sex driven. he's the sexy, cool charismatic one and is the female sex magnet here. Remy is also a very sensual individual which plays into the allure of Scorpios and what makes them so attractive and captivating people.

Scorpios do have a tendancy to being manipulative and Remy can be very manipulative at times, and get this... Scorpios are KNOWN for their intense, dark, alluring and hypnotic eyes. Their eyes can captivate almost anyone and have been noted for "soul manipulation" via their eyes. of prolly all mutants, who's most KNOWN for their eyes? Who has "dark" eyes, and is hypnotic! Scorpios are also very intimate, loving and willing to do anything for those they care about. So long you dont cross them they will dedicate and sacrifice themselves for you, those they love or the cause they believe in. and i think this is an overlooked but true aspect of Remy at his best.

there's another VERY key aspect of Scorpios that she's going to bring out bright and strong for Gambit's character and its kinda a massive facelift and evolution for him. i cant say what it is, its a major spoiler but everything about it truly makes sense, its a great new path for him in taking him and his journey to the next level.

this is all i can remember, i know she said a lot more and got super technical in ways i refuse trying to remember lol but i felt what she offered gave extreme validation of him being a Scorpio. someone else mentioned Gemini and chief said Jean Grey if anyone matches Gemini far more so than Remy does, and then she explained what makes him a near perfect example Scorpio
    Well that seems legit. Sorry, I'm more of an astronomy than astrology person. LOL

But how does this contrast to what a Gemini is supposed to be?

And again, how many goats do I need to sacrifice to get a different writer for Gambit. Two years is well enough torment already.

Also - What is Rogue's sign?
    Last edited by AppleJ; 05-02-2022 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Well that seems legit. Sorry, I'm more of an astronomy than astrology person. LOL

But how does this contrast to what a Gemini is supposed to be?

And again, how many goats do I need to sacrifice to get a different writer for Gambit. Two years is well enough torment already.

Also - What is Rogue's sign?
    LOL its fine! Im just a dude thats happy to be part of such massive group of MCU fans. I wholly just shared what Chief shared w/ everyone in the marvel anime group chat im in. and sorry i just now saw this reply.

so im not wholly familiar with astrology either ill have to ask her. i know very little and can say geminis are air signs and scorpios are water. geminis are mental ppl while scorpios are either emotional mysterious or spiritual individuals.

ill ask her about Rogue's sign! more than likely shes gonna say Taurus.

lol you may need to sacrifice none! This hasnt been a full launch she hasnt even shared this trailer with everyone just yet. only a few ppl have seen this.

but this is the anime/fanime project that is about fans building our own Marvel multiverse so its gonna be like a multi-miniseries thats fan driven. granted the style here IS pretty chibi-like but its bc they start off as kids (and thats a long arduous story as to why) but right when the Phoenix Trilogy happens a timeskip jumps everyone into adulthood and we get an adult style at that time. fair warning the trailer is meant to be "cute" but this series as a whole gets very dark very quick.

but this writer has tremendous respect and love for both Gambit and Rogue and i RLY love this direction shes going with them. also i feel she best understands what makes Remy an ANTIHERO. she dives deep into his mythos and greatly expands on Gambits history his internal conflicts even explores his extroverted and introverted personality theres more dev going for the Guild that her AND many other fans came up with that i love. and she also applies metaphysics to his pwrs and boy its a biggie.

Rogue is also explored as a leader freedom fighter and someone who inadvertedly starts a movement. i like the story between her and Mystique and having her take on Magneto as a father figure (much more fitting than a LOVE interest) and that even when worlds apart Remy and Rogue are fighting together.

the seires also stars off w/ the Avengers with the Xmen coming in a little later howver Mutants and half of who become Xmen ARE introduced very early on. so we do get mutants in action early in the webseries!

also pls forgive me for my bad spelling i work at UPS and wrote all this in between breaks lol

Also speaking to his pwrs and mysticism and astrology youll later realize too why its important to define Remy specifically as a Scorpio due to whats in store for his character evolution.

New update for the Marvel Strike Force videogame. Noticed a new face in there?

See here for details about Gambit, the new character. Spider-Woman, Fantomex, Disco Stu and Nico Minoru are also new, the others were already in the game.

(this is a fighting game, but do we need to have someone pointing a gun to a teenager's face?)

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    LOL its fine! Im just a dude thats happy to be part of such massive group of MCU fans. I wholly just shared what Chief shared w/ everyone in the marvel anime group chat im in. and sorry i just now saw this reply.

so im not wholly familiar with astrology either ill have to ask her. i know very little and can say geminis are air signs and scorpios are water. geminis are mental ppl while scorpios are either emotional mysterious or spiritual individuals.

ill ask her about Rogue's sign! more than likely shes gonna say Taurus.

lol you may need to sacrifice none! This hasnt been a full launch she hasnt even shared this trailer with everyone just yet. only a few ppl have seen this.

but this is the anime/fanime project that is about fans building our own Marvel multiverse so its gonna be like a multi-miniseries thats fan driven. granted the style here IS pretty chibi-like but its bc they start off as kids (and thats a long arduous story as to why) but right when the Phoenix Trilogy happens a timeskip jumps everyone into adulthood and we get an adult style at that time. fair warning the trailer is meant to be "cute" but this series as a whole gets very dark very quick.

but this writer has tremendous respect and love for both Gambit and Rogue and i RLY love this direction shes going with them. also i feel she best understands what makes Remy an ANTIHERO. she dives deep into his mythos and greatly expands on Gambits history his internal conflicts even explores his extroverted and introverted personality theres more dev going for the Guild that her AND many other fans came up with that i love. and she also applies metaphysics to his pwrs and boy its a biggie.

Rogue is also explored as a leader freedom fighter and someone who inadvertedly starts a movement. i like the story between her and Mystique and having her take on Magneto as a father figure (much more fitting than a LOVE interest) and that even when worlds apart Remy and Rogue are fighting together.

the seires also stars off w/ the Avengers with the Xmen coming in a little later howver Mutants and half of who become Xmen ARE introduced very early on. so we do get mutants in action early in the webseries!

also pls forgive me for my bad spelling i work at UPS and wrote all this in between breaks lol

Thanks for sharing! It does sound intriguing. The art is cute, though admittedly maybe not what I'm used to for superhero animation. But I'm willing to give any project a try that will treat Rogue and Gambit well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post

See here for details about Gambit, the new character. Spider-Woman, Fantomex, Disco Stu and Nico Minoru are also new, the others were already in the game.

(this is a fighting game, but do we need to have someone pointing a gun to a teenager's face?)

Well, I mean Fanto IS a giant douche canoe so it tracks. LOL

But seriously, always glad to see Gambit getting attention and eyes on him. Games are also a big avenue for fans.
    Last edited by AppleJ; 05-05-2022 at 08:48 AM.

Hello, I've been out of the loop for a while. Is there a quick summary of where Rogue and Gambit are since their honeymoon? Has Marvel kept them together this long? (hope so!) I skimmed a few pages here and didn't see a big picture.

It's ridiculous that it took them this long to add such popular X-Men. I quit playing a while back because it was apparent that even after a couple years of adding both major and obscure characters they were blatantly ignoring Rogue and Gambit. I only play these games when I can play my fav characters (Rogue and Gambit).

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Hello, I've been out of the loop for a while. Is there a quick summary of where Rogue and Gambit are since their honeymoon? Has Marvel kept them together this long? (hope so!) I skimmed a few pages here and didn't see a big picture.
    Welcome back! Yes, they are still together. There haven't been many developments since Mr. and Mrs. X unfortunately. They were on Excalibur for a while before Rogue left to join the X-Men team. We've gotten some snippets of them together here and there but again, it's been kind of stagnant. We've only really gotten that Rogue doesn't want kids (which hasn't been followed-up on) and Destiny also doesn't approve of Gambit as Rogue's husband.
    Make Good Art

It's ridiculous that it took them this long to add such popular X-Men. I quit playing a while back because it was apparent that even after a couple years of adding both major and obscure characters they were blatantly ignoring Rogue and Gambit. I only play these games when I can play my fav characters (Rogue and Gambit).
    Have in mind that there are some constraints that prevent them from just adding every cool character ever.
    * Characters do not work well in isolation, they work better if they are in a team, granting mutual bonuses, combos and the like. You need like 5 characters for a team (the number a player can deploy), and that's not always so easy to plan. Even more so if some of those characters are already in the game and adding them to a new team means the player will have to remove them from another team. In this case, Gambit, Fantomex and Dazzler are part of the "unlimited X-Men" team, with two more ones to be announced. It's not hard to guess one of those two missing members...
    * From time to time there is a great film or TV series out there, and the game has to make an event related to it, at least nominally. Which is likely not arranged by the makers of the game, but by those higher CEOs who give orders from their Ivory towers. What If? is a great success? We need some alternate costumes. No way home is a great success? We need a spider-man related event. Dr. Strange is about to have a film? Dr. Strange related event. Which means that those who do not appear in those films must wait for later, or manage to be passed through the cracks. After all, the Spider-Man related event gave us Ben Reilly and Spider-Punk, and those recent X-Men additions may likely be because of Xavier.
    * And of course, the technical part. This is a 3D game, and you have to design the character, its animations and cutscenes. That's hard work. We likely have just 2 Eternals because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Welcome back! Yes, they are still together. There haven't been many developments since Mr. and Mrs. X unfortunately. They were on Excalibur for a while before Rogue left to join the X-Men team. We've gotten some snippets of them together here and there but again, it's been kind of stagnant. We've only really gotten that Rogue doesn't want kids (which hasn't been followed-up on) and Destiny also doesn't approve of Gambit as Rogue's husband.
    Thank you, while it's good to know I didn't miss anything big, I kinda don't have a huge urge to read anything in particular now :\

My interest in Marvel these days is trimmed down pretty much to only Rogue and Gambit. Everything else is wacky to me, an 80's and early 90's X-Men kid.

Have in mind that there are some constraints that prevent them from just adding every cool character ever.
    * Characters do not work well in isolation, they work better if they are in a team, granting mutual bonuses, combos and the like. You need like 5 characters for a team (the number a player can deploy), and that's not always so easy to plan. Even more so if some of those characters are already in the game and adding them to a new team means the player will have to remove them from another team. In this case, Gambit, Fantomex and Dazzler are part of the "unlimited X-Men" team, with two more ones to be announced. It's not hard to guess one of those two missing members...
    * From time to time there is a great film or TV series out there, and the game has to make an event related to it, at least nominally. Which is likely not arranged by the makers of the game, but by those higher CEOs who give orders from their Ivory towers. What If? is a great success? We need some alternate costumes. No way home is a great success? We need a spider-man related event. Dr. Strange is about to have a film? Dr. Strange related event. Which means that those who do not appear in those films must wait for later, or manage to be passed through the cracks. After all, the Spider-Man related event gave us Ben Reilly and Spider-Punk, and those recent X-Men additions may likely be because of Xavier.
    * And of course, the technical part. This is a 3D game, and you have to design the character, its animations and cutscenes. That's hard work. We likely have just 2 Eternals because of that.
    Probably had too many brawlers like She-Hulk and what not to have Rogue in there, but I think her power would make the game and team mechanic interesting. Maybe they just don't know how to implement her properly without breaking the game or too much code. Marvel Heroes did a great job with Rogue. I miss that game :'(

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Thank you, while it's good to know I didn't miss anything big, I kinda don't have a huge urge to read anything in particular now :\

My interest in Marvel these days is trimmed down pretty much to only Rogue and Gambit. Everything else is wacky to me, an 80's and early 90's X-Men kid.
    I am very much in the same boat. Excalibur/KoX and X-Men has killed most of my interest in the current X-Line

Who knows what will happen, though. I'm still not sure if Knights is a limited series or not and there is speculation that Rogue could leave X-Men, so maybe our wishes will come true and KT will write a follow-up to MMX in the future
    Make Good Art