Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

LOL, I am sure Rogue will be back to Tini's book now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    It sounds more immortal to me, I feel that Rogue is going to be closer to Irene.
    and Tini already has a sufficiently saturated cast.

The good thing is that Rogue was able to escape from Duggan.
    I have nothing against how Tini wrote Rogue, really in hindsight she didn't do badly with Rogue, but Rogue deserves to be in a better book.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Please no. I don't want anymore Tini for either of them. We did our time. Haven't we been punished enough?

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Please no. I don't want anymore Tini for either of them. We did our time. Haven't we been punished enough?
    Clearly not... Because here we go again...
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Ok, so we can finally talk about it, right?

Here is where I find myself today ... unhappy, frustrated, disappointed ... STILL.

Rogue is leaving X-Men after spending probably 70% of this book on the sidelines flying a jet or punching things, using her absorption powers exactly once, and hardly seeing any team bonding/building happen. We never even got to see her room at the Treehouse! Her only major tie in to the storyline itself was the Gameworld arc via Gambit's poker buddies. Honestly I liked Remy's appearance in this story better than Rogue's, which is shocking frankly. Her's wasn't even so much poor as just kind of MIA most of time. She didn't really have what I'd call a focus issue and her reason for joining X-Men ended up being super simplistic and kind of lame and uninspiring. Not that I super care because her reasons for being in Excalibur were equally as weak and uninspiring and I was glad to see her escape there. Being a hero for everyone fits Rogue better than -A-'s errand gal at least. My favorite thing from this book for them that I might care to revisit was the bar room brawl and interactions with Irene, even if my caveat remains that I think the hate-on for Gambit ought to be a Mystique thing, not a Destiny thing. It's just whatever. Can't expect Duggan to know fanon.

So Rogue is leaving for the vague notion of "helping Destiny" save mutants from a portal they can't return from. Seem relevant? Siege Perilous? Something with AXE? Kind of frustrated this was revealed via a thought bubble and not panels, but sure. I'm definitely down for Rogue and her Moms actually interacting.

Then we get to the big ugly elephant in the room which is that all the heavy-handed hints towards Gambit's demise appear to be 100% true unless there's some incredibly clever trickery afoot ... which, why start now? Excalibur 2.0 has great art and a better plot structure, but it's essentially the same thing different day. Gambit managed not to trip on a banana as he went down fighting at least. And as our tarot experts have pointed out, the Death card portends change moreso than actual death. Hopefully Gambit knew that. The real question is does Tini fix this soon and put the toys back by issue #5 or can we count on Gambit sitting out for months and months more on end?

Some have pointed out that Remy has a great Gala look, so surely he'll return by then. I'm not convinced. Having a design doesn't promise an appearance. Maybe that isn't Gambit? Could be a shape shifter. Mystique trying to distract/trick Rogue so she won't search for Remy? Others also noted the rest of KoX don't have Gala designs. Is he just off the team or maybe it's an evil screwed up version of Remy?

Which brings us back to, we know he can't be resurrected the regular way. So do they end up bringing him back via Mercator reality warper? Via the Siege Perilous? Is he just going to stay frozen in carbonite for 6 months? And how does Tini mess him up in the process? Does the Death persona re-emerge to make him essentially unkillable, but with a cost? Do they shove his corpse into the Siege Perilous splitting him into Deathbit and Remy, with Deathbit appearing at the Gala while real Remy remains lost somewhere random for Rogue to find him?

And how do we have Rogue appearing in AXE so quickly when Gambit is either dead or needs her? She either doesn't know he's gone by the time of the Gala or he's back by the Gala. But it must be the first one I think, based on release dates right?

Big sighs.

I really do think Tini has a plan... I think Tini wrote Gambit knowing what he was doing with the death card. Just because Merlyn mocked him doesn't necessarily mean he didn't know what he was doing But at the same time I hope this book is only 5-6 issues so Gambit can be free... But like you said I just hope Tini puts everything back together before this is all over.

What do you guys think about Gambits portrayal in this issue? As I was reading the issue I was getting the sense that Betsy/Rachal were trying to keep Gambit from doing something dumb, with the constant warnings about waiting for Betsy etc. Was getting annoyed but then you could spin it as Gambit was deadset on protecting the other mutants and Jim Jaspers.

And as for Rogue is she an Omega mutant? Or are the only Omegas the ones listed on the data sheet from HOX/POX?

Well at least my pull list is getting slimmer, defiantly wont buy X-Men with Rogue off the book, Hopefully Marvel has plans in the works for new books for Gambit/Rogue to join.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    I really do think Tini has a plan... I think Tini wrote Gambit knowing what he was doing with the death card. Just because Merlyn mocked him doesn't necessarily mean he didn't know what he was doing But at the same time I hope this book is only 5-6 issues so Gambit can be free... But like you said I just hope Tini puts everything back together before this is all over.

What do you guys think about Gambits portrayal in this issue? As I was reading the issue I was getting the sense that Betsy/Rachal were trying to keep Gambit from doing something dumb, with the constant warnings about waiting for Betsy etc. Was getting annoyed but then you could spin it as Gambit was deadset on protecting the other mutants and Jim Jaspers.

And as for Rogue is she an Omega mutant? Or are the only Omegas the ones listed on the data sheet from HOX/POX?

Well at least my pull list is getting slimmer, defiantly wont buy X-Men with Rogue off the book, Hopefully Marvel has plans in the works for new books for Gambit/Rogue to join.
    That list will obviously change, I think since she gained control she is an Omega level mutant (in fact she has more merit than most).

As for Remy, I think it's obvious she'll be back soon, I mean she's at the gala right?
    LOL

I dunno, KoX #5 isn't out until September and no solicits for a #6. I don't see any way Gambit is back for the Gala. I just hope we aren't without him for long since this era has been so lame for him already. I think I've been dissapointed and burned by Tini's plans too many times to have any trust in her where Remy is concerned. She better damn well fix this and not do something dumb to him when all is said and done. But she might just pull a Milligan too.

Gambit's portrayal? He could be seen as headstrong here, which he totally is. Also it's a heroic, if seemingly overconfident and foolish move ... not completely unheard of for him, though writers who really love him would make it only seem foolish on the surface then reveal a clever ruse. So I guess this will tell us if Tini likes him at all. Betsy hasn't been the most competent or compelling leader and Remy doesn't have a strong relationship of trust and respect with her like he does with Storm where he might follow their lead, so it's not super OOC. I don't think Gambit cared so much about Jim as what he symbolized to the other mutants and his ability to protect them.

Rogue ... technically no, she doesn't meet the Omega definition as I've seen it. It's just those special people on "the list". However I'm not sure how her type of powers could best be measured for level? Omega supposedly has the ability to affect an entire planet or something like that. For instance how Bobby and Storm can affect the planet wide climate. Now Rogue DID absorb the entire Hectacomb. I would think being able to hold the psyches of an entire planet would qualify. However it also had major negative affects on her, granted that was paired with Strain 88. But even so, I think she has limits there. Now, she has absorbed the powers of Omegas ... seems to me if she can take and wield a full Omega's powers she should count. Of course today she borrowed just a fraction of Jean's powers. So really I have no idea. Power levels don't matter to me much though. Most of my favorite characters are street level.

We know Alyssa Wong is coming on, but her recent chat on Twitter didn't give me a vibe that made me think Rogue or Gambit were on her radar.

I don't know who would take them at this point, but it's beyond time for a shakeup.

Do they shove his corpse into the Siege Perilous
    Yeah, I had this same thought. Like, what are they going to do? Carry his body around with them? You might be onto something with the carbonite. Rogue was put into a Snow White Glass Coffin and they carted her body around for awhile. It seems to me the Siege Perilous is a lot more portable than a dead body, so maybe they bring it to him? The writer will probably skip all the inconvenient parts of telling this story, jump us forward a few weeks, and have the plot resolved with Betsy standing there to re-tell the off-panel story as per usge.

Rogue is off X-Men and if rumor be true, Excalibur 2.0 ends at issue 5, hopefully releasing Gambit. Destiny has new diaries. So hopefully a team up involving the new set of Destiny Diaries is in the future for both of them. Oh, to have Destiny's abilities now!

Gambit has a design for a couple reasons, one, because he has his own solo coming out. Two, it is a red herring. Three, it's a design created by Jumbo Carnation drawn on Gambit, the model. He's probably been working since the last Gala on new designs and really dropped the ball last year for Remy.

That was how I chose to interpret his actions.
    Remy recognized the urgency of the situation and acted accordingly.

Ok, so we can finally talk about it, right?

Here is where I find myself today ... unhappy, frustrated, disappointed ... STILL.

Rogue is leaving X-Men after spending probably 70% of this book on the sidelines flying a jet or punching things, using her absorption powers exactly once, and hardly seeing any team bonding/building happen. We never even got to see her room at the Treehouse! Her only major tie in to the storyline itself was the Gameworld arc via Gambit's poker buddies. Honestly I liked Remy's appearance in this story better than Rogue's, which is shocking frankly. Her's wasn't even so much poor as just kind of MIA most of time. She didn't really have what I'd call a focus issue and her reason for joining X-Men ended up being super simplistic and kind of lame and uninspiring. Not that I super care because her reasons for being in Excalibur were equally as weak and uninspiring and I was glad to see her escape there. Being a hero for everyone fits Rogue better than -A-'s errand gal at least. My favorite thing from this book for them that I might care to revisit was the bar room brawl and interactions with Irene, even if my caveat remains that I think the hate-on for Gambit ought to be a Mystique thing, not a Destiny thing. It's just whatever. Can't expect Duggan to know fanon.

So Rogue is leaving for the vague notion of "helping Destiny" save mutants from a portal they can't return from. Seem relevant? Siege Perilous? Something with AXE? Kind of frustrated this was revealed via a thought bubble and not panels, but sure. I'm definitely down for Rogue and her Moms actually interacting.

Then we get to the big ugly elephant in the room which is that all the heavy-handed hints towards Gambit's demise appear to be 100% true unless there's some incredibly clever trickery afoot ... which, why start now? Excalibur 2.0 has great art and a better plot structure, but it's essentially the same thing different day. Gambit managed not to trip on a banana as he went down fighting at least. And as our tarot experts have pointed out, the Death card portends change moreso than actual death. Hopefully Gambit knew that. The real question is does Tini fix this soon and put the toys back by issue #5 or can we count on Gambit sitting out for months and months more on end?

Some have pointed out that Remy has a great Gala look, so surely he'll return by then. I'm not convinced. Having a design doesn't promise an appearance. Maybe that isn't Gambit? Could be a shape shifter. Mystique trying to distract/trick Rogue so she won't search for Remy? Others also noted the rest of KoX don't have Gala designs. Is he just off the team or maybe it's an evil screwed up version of Remy?

Which brings us back to, we know he can't be resurrected the regular way. So do they end up bringing him back via Mercator reality warper? Via the Siege Perilous? Is he just going to stay frozen in carbonite for 6 months? And how does Tini mess him up in the process? Does the Death persona re-emerge to make him essentially unkillable, but with a cost? Do they shove his corpse into the Siege Perilous splitting him into Deathbit and Remy, with Deathbit appearing at the Gala while real Remy remains lost somewhere random for Rogue to find him?

And how do we have Rogue appearing in AXE so quickly when Gambit is either dead or needs her? She either doesn't know he's gone by the time of the Gala or he's back by the Gala. But it must be the first one I think, based on release dates right?

Big sighs.
    My guess is she's gonna try to stop Gam;it being put through the siege perilous. But... She'll fail and Gambit will be brought back as a new person.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

An issue without Gambit in that outfit is a SIN.

Okay but WHAT was that business with Rogue and Destiny and gates and souls(iirc?) and what not, fam??!

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Okay but WHAT was that business with Rogue and Destiny and gates and souls(iirc?) and what not, fam??!
    The mention of souls I think is from KoX, Apocalypse and Mr. M's conversation re Siege Perilous:
    "With it, one can make and unmake our very souls."

Is the SP a gate? It looks like one on the later cover of KoX. But it's also been depicted as a chair and a pendant. I think. It would be a pointless quest to retrieve it only for it to lead mutantkind to its doom.

In X-Men Rogue says:
    "Irene's in a fit, saying that only I can prevent "mutants walking through a gate and never returning" or some nonsense."

There are plenty of gateway flowers. In Inferno, it shows Beast with three gateway flowers grown from the bodies of dead mutants. That can't be good. Not good at all.

In X-Men, Sinister-Club-Suit tells Scott to gtf off the planet. One of the possible futures is mutants leaving earth to hang out with the Shi'ar, leaving and never coming back. Is there a gate to space?

Anyway, how's Rogue the only one who can stop them from doing it? If Duggan is writing it, she'll just be punching people away from the gate. XD Give 'em the ole left-right-goodnight, y'all.

It occurs to me that Gambit gets resurrected via Egg, shows up at the Gala acting like a walking-sex-bomb-disaster-bisexual in that outfit and announces he hates cats. Everyone is like: get this man through the SP, stat.

I dunno, KoX #5 isn't out until September and no solicits for a #6. I don't see any way Gambit is back for the Gala. I just hope we aren't without him for long since this era has been so lame for him already. I think I've been dissapointed and burned by Tini's plans too many times to have any trust in her where Remy is concerned. She better damn well fix this and not do something dumb to him when all is said and done. But she might just pull a Milligan too.

Rogue ... technically no, she doesn't meet the Omega definition as I've seen it. It's just those special people on "the list". However I'm not sure how her type of powers could best be measured for level? Omega supposedly has the a

Well, technically yes, if it meets the Omega specification of being unlimited in terms of what its powers do, and not by one category but by two.

easy explanation.

1) containment of powers .... Rogue contained all the heroes on the planet, and we talk about people including gods and hulks, which I consider to be superior to several Omega, Aaaaa BY THE WAY ROGUE ABSORBED ALL THE OMEGA FROM THE LIST CONFIRMED.
    I insist all at once.

A girl who can contain not only the power of an Omega BUT SEVERAL AT THE SAME TIME.
    and of hundreds of other characters, there is no doubt that she is Omega, and she could leave anyone depowered.
    SHe is already more impressive potentially than any individual Omega has ever done.

2) life energy / minds Rogue is known to have no limits when consuming this and was already seen thanks to Mike Carey.
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 06-23-2022 at 04:55 PM.