Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/who-...-it-be-gambit/

The article speculate that Gambit is the one who will die in Knight of X to undo their marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/who-...-it-be-gambit/

The article speculate that Gambit is the one who will die in Knight of X to undo their marriage.
    Even if Tini does kill off Gambit ... which I can totally see her doing just out of spite for Gambit fans if for no other reason ... I don't see how this would dissolve their marriage.

By that logic Scott and Jean and Wolverine should have broken up about 20 times already. Even if Tini decides to be really "cute" and give Gambit the Gorgon or Rockslide treatment, it would make Rogue a shitty wife and human being to drop him just because he's in a crisis or burdensome. And frankly I think much more of her character than that. If you care about her as a character, you wouldn't want her to act that way. Also if Tini did that, KoX would fully deserve to fail and have people drop the book.

But you really can't count on Bleeding Cool to be more than clickbait and bad faith conjecture at this point. Especially if they think Gambit has no audience draw. Sounds like a hater to me just trying to stir fans up.

I'm convinced at this point that Gambit is on KoX to bolster sales moreso than serve any real central role because books don't sell without enough A list characters. He is just an archetype fitting a slot for the story she wants to tell.

And to be real, the more fans complained and dropped off Excalibur, the better his treatment in that book got. If Tini doesn't want Gambit fans reading she had her chance to move him off her team at the end of Excalibur. If she wants to continue to use (and abuse) his popularity ... and I'm sorry, but EVERY poll shows he IS popular ... then I hope she makes an effort to research and understand the character she is writing a whole lot better this time and at the very least use her death plot device in a manner that is either constructive or narratively interesting for his development ... or at the VERY least frees him up to move to another book with a different writer.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Yeah, the whole "Gambit isn't popular" rhetoric is just dumb. He's been consistently shown to be one of the most popular X-Characters.
    Make Good Art

That article literally says it's a clickbait article. They aren't hiding it ��.

I almost feel like no one is dying in that issue. I don't know that the X-office is interested in taking a risk that big.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Yeah, the whole "Gambit isn't popular" rhetoric is just dumb. He's been consistently shown to be one of the most popular X-Characters.
    YES!!

And also, so is their marriage! At least as superhero marriages go, it was largely well received by fans which is frankly hard to accomplish given what a mess almost all superhero relationships are. And there are still fans asking for MMX to return. So how the solution to that would be to break up the marriage barely 2 or 3 years later after doing nothing meaningful with either character makes no sense. It also really makes a joke of bothering to marry characters at all.

People legit loved the scene they had in X-Men #9 just a few weeks back. There are already few well established relationships/marriages in X-Men, so why kill yet another one? There is still plenty of story left to tell for them.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

I honestly was assuming Jubilee would be the one to die - she’s in the preview art but has not been acknowledged as a main character but Shogo seems to be sticking around

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    I honestly was assuming Jubilee would be the one to die - she’s in the preview art but has not been acknowledged as a main character but Shogo seems to be sticking around
    Uhhh ... Jubes ... I think they just stole her dragon kid? I dunno. I didn't think of her as a "Knight", but perhaps? It just says a Knight is killed. Murdering her would also be cold since she has a kid, but hey ... "resurrection"! Ugh ... I seriously hate what it has become. Cheap deaths like a video game character.

But, if she thinks Kylan, Betsy, Sunfire, Rictor, Shatterstar and Rachel have the drawing power to carry their own book, then more power to her I guess ...

I'm ready to hear more about whatever Leah Williams or Alyssa Wong are cooking up at this point.

If Rogue stays on X-Men ... ok, fine I guess. She's under used but not abused.

But for the love of all that is holy, can we get Gambit into a different writer's hands already?! ... alright ... weekly tantrum done ... *sigh*

Exactly. I know that there are Excalibur fans and fans of those characters, but killing off Gambit would piss a lot of people off and any Gambit fans that are still reading this book, despite his treatment, would drop it. It just seems like a lose-lose
    Make Good Art

Exactly. I know that there are Excalibur fans and fans of those characters, but killing off Gambit would piss a lot of people off and any Gambit fans that are still reading this book, despite his treatment, would drop it. It just seems like a lose-lose
    Raises a question I don't know the answer to: Has Remy died before? Other than that time he and Rogue got "sworded" by that utterly forgettable villain in EXTREME

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Raises a question I don't know the answer to: Has Remy died before? Other than that time he and Rogue got "sworded" by that utterly forgettable villain in EXTREME
    He died briefly in the solo that Asmus wrote when he was shot in the head but was promptly brought back. So, nothing that has been very long-lasting
    Make Good Art

I would drop this book so fast! I only read if for Remy anyways. I really feel the bleeding cool article is just them clutching at straws. I remember them using the bean counting phrase before about Gambit. They seem to have a bit of an agenda with him for what ever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    I would drop this book so fast! I only read if for Remy anyways. I really feel the bleeding cool article is just them clutching at straws. I remember them using the bean counting phrase before about Gambit. They seem to have a bit of an agenda with him for what ever reason.
    Pretty much. All I'll say is I usually don't go to BC for my comic news and it's not just because their website is so slow
    Make Good Art

So the latest speculation on KoX ... (yes, I laugh every time I use this abbreviation) ... if you look it up on Amazon/Comixology to pre-order, it notes the issues as #1 of 5, #2 of 5. Soooo ... the question stands - Is this only planned as a 5 part miniseries? (oh please, oh please).

Is it too much to wish for that by September we could see Remy in a different book with a different writer? And we know now that Rogue is in the promo art for the summer event "Judgement Day", plus there is likely to be a shakeup on the X-Men team roster in June at the Hellfire Gala election with many suspecting Rogue will move on.

Here's to hoping they both end up free agents that land in either the same or in complimentary new titles and Marvel has some kind of development or storyline for them.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    So the latest speculation on KoX ... (yes, I laugh every time I use this abbreviation) ... if you look it up on Amazon/Comixology to pre-order, it notes the issues as #1 of 5, #2 of 5. Soooo ... the question stands - Is this only planned as a 5 part miniseries? (oh please, oh please).

Is it too much to wish for that by September we could see Remy in a different book with a different writer? And we know now that Rogue is in the promo art for the summer event "Judgement Day", plus there is likely to be a shakeup on the X-Men team roster in June at the Hellfire Gala election with many suspecting Rogue will move on.

Here's to hoping they both end up free agents that land in either the same or in complimentary new titles and Marvel has some kind of development or storyline for them.
    I am all for it! #FreeRemy. I think we should start speculating on where Remy will end up! Maybe in one of the two new books that is slated for Destiny of X era later. Still can't wait for the Gambit Mini. With that being said Gambit could have worked well in this book, but the writer has to want the character or it is pointless. We will have to wait and see.

Feel like it’ll just be like how X-Factor turned into Trial of Magneto. But unlike X-FAQ, Excalibur will be allowed to continue. can KoX can wrap it up in five, what Exc couldn’t do in 26? Maybe Kox is double sized. I doubt Remy will gain freedom. Just hope for a fresh writer with a different take when KoX is spent.