Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

So after seeing all those Oscar's red carpet fashions, I have to laugh at myself because I thought the no shirt and no socks and sunglasses look was so bizarre at the Hellfire Gala last year, thinking especially on Gambit's look ... whelp, apparently it is a whole THING.

But I still don't want to see them slicking his hair back.

Still ALL about Rogue's Gala look last year though. Would love her to get a uniform revamp soon with some inspiration from it.

I really want a better look at her new Gala dress and can't wait to see Remy's look.

Here a fun fan art take: https://twitter.com/beefcakeboss2/st...SXg4ZzRbQ&s=19

IMG_20220328_063314.jpg
    Last edited by AppleJ; 03-28-2022 at 04:34 AM.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I like this look. It's a little more subdued than other Gala outfits. I'm not sure about the sunglasses since he had those last year, though.

Regardless, really excited to see his official look. I hope they release it soon
    Make Good Art

Will Rogue continue with X-Men post election? I was just re-reading #9 (not the boring robot parts), but Rogue mentions her and Gambit not having time together lately. Destiny seems to predict Rogue will return to Krakoa with her and Mystique and having Gambit "at their side" (urgh! when is he NOT going to be her sidekick?) in times to come.

In today's AIPT, more writers seem to be jumping on board the Otherworld as the great new playground Howard so painstakingly crafted . Ms. Wong and Ms. Williams both have un-announced titles, and I'm gonna guess Williams is going to do something with Otherworldian magic (vampires?). I'd like a fresh take on the Mr. & Mrs. X relationship, one that wasn't Gambit being Rogue's cheerleader and emotional support animal and one that isn't....whatever the heck was going on in Excalibur. If the two could just be swept away into a new title with a new author, maybe I would stop spiraling the drain of despair.

I'm with you. It seems like guaranteed money. Even if MMX didn't do as well with sales as they hoped, they could just put Rogue and Gambit on a different team (or give them a team) to attract fans of other characters. It seems like a win-win.

Of course, I do wonder how taking Gambit off of Excalibur would hit the sales for that book but I don't really care anymore
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I'm with you. It seems like guaranteed money. Even if MMX didn't do as well with sales as they hoped, they could just put Rogue and Gambit on a different team (or give them a team) to attract fans of other characters. It seems like a win-win.

Of course, I do wonder how taking Gambit off of Excalibur would hit the sales for that book but I don't really care anymore
    I don’t really know anything about sales, but was Excalibur selling well? I feel like it was given all the runway to take off without acknowledging sales. Maybe this is some long game they were betting on to make room for more magic stories. Which isn’t really why I read X-Men, but that’s fine for people who do. I just like rules too much, and having parameters in which universes obey certain laws. I might actually be German and not French. But mutant magic is like: whatever goes! The randomness and lack of explanation upsets me. Anyway, sales don’t seem to matter and not worried about Excalibur losing readership if it lost Gambit, because I’m sure the legions of Betsy/Rachel and Rictor/Shatterstar stans will surely fill the void.

All the hype, Gambit and Rogue being The Favorite X-couple, the Valentines Day cutesy stuff with the bouquet…. C’mon. Give us mystery and romance and sex. X-Factor’s untimely end left a huge space where my heart used to be. Just a cold, sad vacuum I’m filling with fanfic now.

I always wonder what the sales goal is for a solo book (that's not Wolverine), with duo books being even more hard to visualize what success looks like. With a solo you only have to get one fan group on board, but it needs to be a large one to really survive. With a true duo series there are two equal groups who may have competing interests for which character is getting enough of the perceived focus, as we well know. But you also lack the broader appeal of a team book to bring in a larger group of readers. So you need two equally popular characters. It's very niche. I can't even think of a comparable duo book where two characters are equal in popularity? Maybe Harley/Ivy? Midnighter/Apollo? All-New Wolverine was a huge success, but Gabby is absolutely a side kick to Laura. Even the Adventure of Cyclops and Phonenix had a pretty limited run.

I do think MMX was hampered somewhat by having to be out of touch with the X-Men due to the incoming Hickman regime and being in the midst of AoXM. Like personally I still liked the plots we got. Perhaps I'd have liked to have spent more time with the Guild arc.

What I'd love is a digital comic on Unlimited. They're doing one for Iceman!

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    I don’t really know anything about sales, but was Excalibur selling well? I feel like it was given all the runway to take off without acknowledging sales. Maybe this is some long game they were betting on to make room for more magic stories. Which isn’t really why I read X-Men, but that’s fine for people who do. I just like rules too much, and having parameters in which universes obey certain laws. I might actually be German and not French. But mutant magic is like: whatever goes! The randomness and lack of explanation upsets me. Anyway, sales don’t seem to matter and not worried about Excalibur losing readership if it lost Gambit, because I’m sure the legions of Betsy/Rachel and Rictor/Shatterstar stans will surely fill the void.

All the hype, Gambit and Rogue being The Favorite X-couple, the Valentines Day cutesy stuff with the bouquet…. C’mon. Give us mystery and romance and sex. X-Factor’s untimely end left a huge space where my heart used to be. Just a cold, sad vacuum I’m filling with fanfic now.
    You definitely have a point. It was never a leading book, sales-wise, so it definitely feels like Marvel was fine with letting Tini do her thing.

Do Betsy/Rachel and Rictor/Shatterstar have that many fans though? I mean, I know they have a presence on these boards (especially Rictor/Shatterstar), but I would be curious to see a larger sampling.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I always wonder what the sales goal is for a solo book (that's not Wolverine), with duo books being even more hard to visualize what success looks like. With a solo you only have to get one fan group on board, but it needs to be a large one to really survive. With a true duo series there are two equal groups who may have competing interests for which character is getting enough of the perceived focus, as we well know. But you also lack the broader appeal of a team book to bring in a larger group of readers. So you need two equally popular characters. It's very niche. I can't even think of a comparable duo book where two characters are equal in popularity? Maybe Harley/Ivy? Midnighter/Apollo? All-New Wolverine was a huge success, but Gabby is absolutely a side kick to Laura. Even the Adventure of Cyclops and Phonenix had a pretty limited run.

I do think MMX was hampered somewhat by having to be out of touch with the X-Men due to the incoming Hickman regime and being in the midst of AoXM. Like personally I still liked the plots we got. Perhaps I'd have liked to have spent more time with the Guild arc.

What I'd love is a digital comic on Unlimited. They're doing one for Iceman!
    Very good points as well. I have spent too much time wondering how much longer we could have had MMX if AoXM and the Hickman era hadn't come.
    Make Good Art

Rogue and Gambit by Max Spacedog

And a costume swap version

Make Good Art

Rogue and Gambit by Max Spacedog

And a costume swap version

LOL These are fun. Reminds me a bit of the one Peter Nguyen drew.

Fantastic Member

Mrs. X, Mr. x and in-laws. Would be great with Lebeau family thieves guild and Mystique/Destiny, Kurt as brother in laws.
    A family reunion that turn to riot.
    And the only thing to stop the battles between them.
    Rouge revelation, she is......
    Last edited by Mutant101; 04-01-2022 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    Mrs. X, Mr. x and in-laws. Would be great with Lebeau family thieves guild and Mystique/Destiny, Kurt as brother in laws.
    Practically writes itself!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    I love then but..... NOOOO BABIES. PLEASE

I'm not against them having children, in fact I want to see them, even but that they come from the future, not from the regular line, since this would further hinder the use of Rogue in future books, because they would see her as the mother... a baby is destined in the comics to fail or stall mom, so no thanks.

And Rogue is too young to be a mother now.

I didn't want babies right after they were married but at this point, I would rather take a baby story over whatever they're doing right now. Especially after Rogue's "I don't know if I'll ever want to have kids" speech in Excalibur
    Make Good Art

Fantastic Member

I didn't want babies right after they were married but at this point, I would rather take a baby story over whatever they're doing right now. Especially after Rogue's "I don't know if I'll ever want to have kids" speech in Excalibur
    With what is happening in Krakoa , tempus or tempo can turn a baby in full adult or
    send it to Otherworld and back as young adult, or in the case of history of Gambit , some of arch enemy of RomY kidnapped the baby and send it to other world.