Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

[QUOTE=K7P5V;6075109][center]LOL! Maybe those writers enjoy having Remy roaming about the periphery, while randomly squaring-off against his teammates (XD)

Ohh I always loved that scene. I randomly came across a Cable & Deadpool comic featuring Gambit and I was thinking this scene seems very familiar. But I guess it was a retelling of this scene. Although the lines and dolls are different.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    Phantom powers would have been a great improvement over being turned into the Fartsman of the Apocalypse. I will give him that.
    The saddest part about that is if it had been written well, he could have been a badass Death. Just lean into those New Sun capabilities and lack of humanity.

But no, poisonous gas and bondage attire it is. Uhhhh.
    Last edited by AppleJ; 07-16-2022 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    The saddest part about that is if it had been written well, he could have been a badass Death. Just lean into those New Sun capabilities and lack of humanity.

But no, poisonous gas and bandage attire it is. Uhhhh.
    It started as a stupid joke and a terrible plot. Carey could’ve worked magic with it, but he dropped the ball for the Rogueneto plot, and things got crazy from there. I do not forgive. A pox on all their houses.

Will Gambit/Death show up in KoX? I kinda don’t want to hope he gets any plot lines in the book. Enough damage has been done. But if after issue 5 we get a new writer… well, game on.

It started as a stupid joke and a terrible plot. Carey could’ve worked magic with it, but he dropped the ball for the Rogueneto plot, and things got crazy from there. I do not forgive. A pox on all their houses.

Will Gambit/Death show up in KoX? I kinda don’t want to hope he gets any plot lines in the book. Enough damage has been done. But if after issue 5 we get a new writer… well, game on.
    Yeah there was a part of me that thought valid criticism might inspire a little more research into his actual continuity and after realizing exactly how his relationship with Apocalypse went down and how the Death persona was never fully resolved, she might delve back into it. Certainly would give him some kind of plot and give Romy another emotional challenge, though I'd worry about yet another clumsy resolution.

Buttttt then I remembered that actual horseman A-kid Death is a whole character now that was highly hinted to reappear in Excalibur. So yeah, that's probably it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Why would it have been necessary to kill off Rogue? Couldn’t Grant have made her go through a goth phase like a normal person.
    Exactly, in fact the first stage in Mike Carey's X-men with Rogue I feel was a bit like this, because of the pain of losing Remy as Apo's rider, it also gave me a lot of Evo Rogue vibes, that Evo Rogue is a weak woman ????
    It is seriously an insult to me that Morrison made the comparison of Evo Rogue that was the best of Evolution, with the NORogue of the Fox movies. EvoRogue/ comics>>>>> TASERIES/ WOLVERINEATXMEN>>>>>>>>>>> ANY THINGS> NORogue Fox movies .

Morrison simply wanted to kill a heavyweight and had his sights set on Rogue, luckily Claremont saved her because I don't think he was very happy with what they wanted to do with him most important character/creation, luckily Remy was also saved by Claremont, and well Jean took the bullets lol.

Thinking if Remy dies, is there a strange but very likely possibility if he dies in another world, the one who returns will be Death?
    or an intermediate thing of both, I mean technically, although we don't see it, we know that DeathGambit's personality is there.

And well, I think I'm one of the few here who doesn't hate Gambit Death... but honestly, Carey improved it a lot, what little he showed us, and unlike what they usually show us about Remy, Gambit Death is a power to have consider .

I mean it's basically Remy.
    and his powers more resistance overhuman, improved strength, it seems he has a certain regenerative factor, he controls and makes his avatars to other people and controls them, he has disintegration loading literal matter he can make things and people disappear, and the gas that is what I liked least , but everything else ?
    10/10, Carey made a lot of improvements, I'm not saying that Death should replace Remy, but Remy if he should access that state at will like Warren does.

We know that Death is there, only that Remy doesn't want to take advantage of it, or at least practice mastering that state completely... it seems that Remy loves to be defeated by others, which I'm sure wouldn't happen so often in his Death state.
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 06-08-2022 at 10:01 PM.

News: Marvel Unlimited coming out with a series of romances!

And giving us Wolverine.

Shaking my g-ded head.

Seriously this is more insulting than the profound lack of Remy’s cats in Marvel Meow.

News: Marvel Unlimited coming out with a series of romances!

And giving us Wolverine.

Shaking my g-ded head.

Seriously this is more insulting than the profound lack of Remy’s cats in Marvel Meow.
    Ughhhh. Saw that and yeah. Seriously MORE Wolverine?! If anything, just an X-Men Romance rotating series would be fun and give ALL the characters their due.

I feel like a small child incessantly whining "are we there yet?" But in this case, it's "are we done yet?" as in will Gambit ever get set free to a different book/writer in this era? Will Rogue have a purpose in a book other than just face punching?

I mean, I suppose congrats to Marvel on managing to take something fans had major enthusiasm for and totally quashing said enthusiasm. I can't tell you the last time I bought an X-book rather than just waiting on MarvelU instead and even then it's all very "meh" feeling and I can't be bothered with most of it.

Add in the delays, and it feels like all momentum is just gone. Ready for that life line any time.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I'm in the same camp. For some reason, I got my weeks mixed up and thought that KoX 3 was coming out this week and then had the crushing realization that I had to wait another week for this crap to be over with. Ugh
    Make Good Art

i wondered if my need for continuous stimulation was making the lack of gambit news seem all the more painful. glad i'm not the only one who feels like they're in the doldrums.

am i wrong in thinking both KoX and Xmen come out next week? one i dread every time it publishes. the other i derive mild entertainment from.

gala issue on july 13, and both G&R have looks made. wild guess: gambit is resurrected back to factory settings and arrives as his skeevy 90s self (which i'm not saying i don't like). his solo is july 27. so a little over a month to go.

part of the feeling of 'meh' is the lack of anything exciting (to me) on the horizon. AXE? meh. i wish i read more x-books, and i've heard Red is really excellent, but i don't like watching mutants kill each other in fights to the death. it makes me feel sad inside. so, meh. marauders and xforce also meh. one i don't care about, the other, too violent.

immortal and xmen will have to sustain me, i'm just not super enthused. and kox has nullified any potential excitement i could have for the gambit solo. the only good thing that i can say is that if gambit dies in kox i will return to never ever thinking about excalibur again, as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, fucks were not given, amen.

i wondered if my need for continuous stimulation was making the lack of gambit news seem all the more painful. glad i'm not the only one who feels like they're in the doldrums.

am i wrong in thinking both KoX and Xmen come out next week? one i dread every time it publishes. the other i derive mild entertainment from.

gala issue on july 13, and both G&R have looks made. wild guess: gambit is resurrected back to factory settings and arrives as his skeevy 90s self (which i'm not saying i don't like). his solo is july 27. so a little over a month to go.

part of the feeling of 'meh' is the lack of anything exciting (to me) on the horizon. AXE? meh. i wish i read more x-books, and i've heard Red is really excellent, but i don't like watching mutants kill each other in fights to the death. it makes me feel sad inside. so, meh. marauders and xforce also meh. one i don't care about, the other, too violent.

immortal and xmen will have to sustain me, i'm just not super enthused. and kox has nullified any potential excitement i could have for the gambit solo. the only good thing that i can say is that if gambit dies in kox i will return to never ever thinking about excalibur again, as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, fucks were not given, amen.
    Same same, about the killings and deaths. I hate it when the X-Men die(although its more pointless now), I read X-Men: The End once and I can't read it again. I'm interested in AXE because I read The Eternals and it was a very good series. Immortal and X-Men are good as well. All the other books are not that interesting. I'm somewhat interested in what's going to happen to Gambit is KOX but I think when its all said and done it wont be anything spectacular for his character.

Whelp, Twitter is awash with spoilers for tomorrow's books and it all looks and sounds fairly disappointing/annoying in regards to Rogue and Gambit. Particuarly aggravating for Gambit, no surprise. This era has been a total waste for them thus far. I can only hope any of it means moving them on to new books and different writers sooner than later.

New announcements coming for SDCC maybe? Hope so. Because in the words of Rizzo from Grease, "This is the line and I ain't biting."

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Whelp, Twitter is awash with spoilers for tomorrow's books and it all looks and sounds fairly disappointing/annoying in regards to Rogue and Gambit. Particuarly aggravating for Gambit, no surprise. This era has been a total waste for them thus far. I can only hope any of it means moving them on to new books and different writers sooner than later.

New announcements coming for SDCC maybe? Hope so. Because in the words of Rizzo from Grease, "This is the line and I ain't biting."
    Yes the speculation is true. Tini really like Gambit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    Yes the speculation is true. Tini really like Gambit.
    As someone said in the Gambit thread, Marvel continues to hate marriage.

At this point, honestly ... whatever. At least now I can stop bothering to keep up with KoX.

So utterly dissapointed with the X-books today. They might be keeping some fans happy, but this era has utterly failed these two.