Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

From the X-Men Monday AIPT interview of JDW:

AIPT: Right, right. OK, back to the X-Fan questions — David E was curious what plans there are for Rogue now as she isn’t in any of the current books.

Jordan: Well, I can’t tell you that. [Laughs]

AIPT: It’s ask you anything — that’s what David E wants to ask!

Jordan: She’s retired from superhero life and she won’t be in any more comics ever again. No, I’m joking. That’s not the case. You’ll see, there are specific plans for her, but we’re not ready to announce them yet. You’ll see them relatively soon. I don’t think it’ll be too, too long before we announce them. But what I’ll say is, for sure, comic books featuring Rogue extremely heavily are being written as we speak.

AIPT: Well, she has to go to Gambit’s funeral at some point, right?

Jordan: What happened to Gambit? I didn’t hear about this

.... shall I just get out my boom box, stand outside Marvel's X-office, hold that sucker over my head and play "Stop dragging my heart around" very loudly while making uncomfortable eye contact with whoever happens to look outside?

Because that is where we are headed.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I feel like these X-Men Monday things are always just:

AIPT: Asks a question that they know won't be answered

JDW: Doesn't answer but does it in a coy, "look at how cute I am" way.

New Art
    Make Good Art

Sorry to be that guy but she'll probably be in Tini's next book and that's it.

I keep remembering this tweet, like the plan was always for Rogue to go back to her after X-Men:

https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/stat...94155703181314

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post

I keep remembering this tweet, like the plan was always for Rogue to go back to her after X-Men:

https://twitter.com/GerryDuggan/stat...94155703181314
    Man ... if that happens, I quit. I flipping quit reading X-Men.

I just can't anymore. There are plenty of other great writers on staff at Marvel and it's more than time for someone else.

Why do we have to continue to be locked in with Hickman's picks only for the X-office?!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I feel like these X-Men Monday things are always just:

AIPT: Asks a question that they know won't be answered

JDW: Doesn't answer but does it in a coy, "look at how cute I am" way.

New Art
    I mean, with peace and love, people need to get creative in how they ask what they want to know.
    We readers should know by now that any direct spoiler questions aren't getting answered. They just aren't.
    People gotta ask about what a writer or artist's process if for handling a character or what the character means to them or some work around to get an answer related to your favorite character, leaving the interviewee enough wiggle room to tease future plans, if any, for said character. But we should never expect to hear "Yes, we have plans for Rogue! In fact, she'll be the star of [X-Title] alongside [list of characters] and Rogue specifically will be [list of activities to expect her doing in the future]"

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I just can't anymore. There are plenty of other great writers on staff at Marvel and it's more than time for someone else.
    Alyssa Wong’s unannounced book? She joined in January and we haven’t heard anything since, right? Unless his mention of “extreme” is in reference to Claremont’s XXM, in which case: zzzzz….

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I am thinking this as well. It is the story that never ends, it just goes on and on my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I mean, with peace and love, people need to get creative in how they ask what they want to know.
    We readers should know by now that any direct spoiler questions aren't getting answered. They just aren't.
    People gotta ask about what a writer or artist's process if for handling a character or what the character means to them or some work around to get an answer related to your favorite character, leaving the interviewee enough wiggle room to tease future plans, if any, for said character. But we should never expect to hear "Yes, we have plans for Rogue! In fact, she'll be the star of [X-Title] alongside [list of characters] and Rogue specifically will be [list of activities to expect her doing in the future]"
    Totally. I mean, I'm not surprised. It's just hard to get very excited about those types of questions because it's always obvious that the answer is going to be vague
    Make Good Art

Amazing Member

Rogue will be somewhere in the end. What he says about Gambit is worse. As always not a bit of respect for the character.

I did a silly family portrait (technically a retooling of an older piece) of the Darkholme/Adler family

https://twitter.com/cpfokken/status/...WS9tgF6CDwyejQ

Happy Monday, babes!

I did a silly family portrait (technically a retooling of an older piece) of the Darkholme/Adler family

Happy Monday, babes!
    Love it! Are you planning on coloring it?
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Love it! Are you planning on coloring it?
    Yeah but I don't work digitally so I don't know how well it will turn out. hahaha

I liked the coloring for the original, so I'm sure it will look great if you do the same with this one
    Make Good Art

It’s excellent. I especially love Fred’s expression. Group arrangements are a challenge to balance right and you did a great job.

Happy Monday, babes!
    I seen this on the interwebs didn’t know it was someone who frequents these boards. Very cool. This could be a book. I’m holding out for a book with a bunch of these characters in it. Maybe will see it soon.

Happy Monday, babes!
    Adorable and amazing work as always!

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    I seen this on the interwebs didn’t know it was someone who frequents these boards. Very cool. This could be a book. I’m holding out for a book with a bunch of these characters in it. Maybe will see it soon.
    I would be so down for that book.