Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Oooh, absolutely gorgeous pencils! They look so alive. Okay, I will pay money to see this. When does this Cap Marvel thing come out?

The good news about Excalibur of X is that nothing noteworthy happened to our favorite characters in the last three years, so the entire storyline can easily be forgotten about and ignored.
    The bad news is, nothing noteworthy has happened to our favorite characters in three years and I have buyers remorse over the issues I’d bought before I wised up. “Don’t be glad it’s over, be sad it ever happened.” That’s the quote, right? The bright spot was the few times they were together in X-Men. Hopefully Marvel has wised up to their dynamic and keep them together in the next books.

If Cap Brit goes on a multiverse adventure solo with Rachel, does that leave Excalibur free for another writer? Who is available? Can Vita Ayala pick up another book? Williams? New writer brought in?

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    Oooh, absolutely gorgeous pencils! They look so alive. Okay, I will pay money to see this. When does this Cap Marvel thing come out?

The good news about Excalibur of X is that nothing noteworthy happened to our favorite characters in the last three years, so the entire storyline can easily be forgotten about and ignored.
    The bad news is, nothing noteworthy has happened to our favorite characters in three years and I have buyers remorse over the issues I’d bought before I wised up. “Don’t be glad it’s over, be sad it ever happened.” That’s the quote, right? The bright spot was the few times they were together in X-Men. Hopefully Marvel has wised up to their dynamic and keep them together in the next books.

If Cap Brit goes on a multiverse adventure solo with Rachel, does that leave Excalibur free for another writer? Who is available? Can Vita Ayala pick up another book? Williams? New writer brought in?
    Looks like it will be released in November.

Yeah, I'm really curious to see what's next. I would cool with Vita (are they even writing an X-Book right now?) or Williams. Or, of course, KT
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post

Yeah, I'm really curious to see what's next. I would cool with Vita (are they even writing an X-Book right now?) or Williams. Or, of course, KT
    A lot of good stuff coming out in November. This and XXM hopefully will know where RR end up next.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post

All seem like possible candidates and I'd be interested to see what any of them would bring.

Leah Williams has X-Terminators only at present, buuuutttt that's a mini by design so nothing set in stone for the new year really. We know she is a big Rogue fan and the couple of panels she wrote of them coming back from shopping were pretty cute. She also has really impressed me with winning me over on characters I was awfully negative towards like Akihiro or Fred Dukes.

Likewise for Vita. They seem to be at least taking a break from New Mutants, if not going off that book. I've thought they handled several characters that I like really well and have claimed Gambit as a favorite before. I also weirdly want their OC character, Gimmick, to meet Gambit since that never happened in CotA.

However hands down my vote would go to getting Kelly Thompson on an X-book with these two again. She's gotten over 40 issues on Captain Marvel already which is impressive and her Black Widow series was absolutely fantastic last year.

Beyond these three, I'm sure some other names could be thrown into the pot as well, but who?

I think Duggan likely stays on X-Men and Ewing stays on Red. Gillen probably stays on Immortal. Percy probably stays on X-Force and Wolverine?

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Leah Williams has X-Terminators only at present, buuuutttt that's a mini by design so nothing set in stone for the new year really. We know she is a big Rogue fan and the couple of panels she wrote of them coming back from shopping were pretty cute. She also has really impressed me with winning me over on characters I was awfully negative towards like Akihiro or Fred Dukes.
    OMG! Love that scene!! Definitely, a keeper (IMHO):

Very nice! Hope my LCS has this variant.

Love this cover. I also love when Rogue is drawn with cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    Love this cover. I also love when Rogue is drawn with cards.
    Agreed. Always gets my undivided attention...

Last edited by K7P5V; 09-11-2022 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. Always gets my undivided attention...

I'd love to see Rogue using her absorption powers more often and more casually with Remy especially again.

Her with the charged cards and his eyes is always so cool.

Hence my avatar. LOL That part of the Asmus run when they fought side by side was extremely fun.

And of course their total eye swap during R&G was so awesome.

I wonder if she has absorbed Remy so many times that she is more at home with his powers than others.

The only trouble is Rogue is so powerful on her own with either the Wonderman powers or Carol's powers that it's rare she needs to share powers with anyone really.

And I do love her as a flying brick, but creativity with her absorption powers makes for a lot of fun.

Soooo I was hoping there would be some news or announcements at D23 this weekend that might include X-Men '97 or new books with Gambit and Rogue.

Thus far, no news. Feels like we've been waiting for a change forever!

Glad to have the Gambit solo to keep us at least semi-occupied for now.

CAPTAIN MARVEL #44
    KELLY THOMPSON (W) • SERGIO DÁVILA (A) • Cover by JUAN FRIGERI

The Uncanny Carol Danvers returns to space – and to the X-Men?! A mysterious degraded message from Rogue has arrived at the same time that Carol's emergency beacon begins screaming with cries from Binary, and that cannot possibly be a coincidence. Carol assembles a team of allies, including Polaris, Gambit, Wolverine, and Psylocke, bent on rescue, but what they find instead is a dangerous old enemy bent on revenge.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Why HELLLO there. Gambit+Laura and Gambit+Polaris I miss that. plus I don’t remember Gambit ever interacting with Carol or spider woman so thats cool as well. Whos the power ranger looking person in yellow? Me thinks this would also be a great line up for an ongoing.

Why HELLLO there. Gambit+Laura and Gambit+Polaris I miss that. plus I don’t remember Gambit ever interacting with Carol or spider woman so thats cool as well. Whos the power ranger looking person in yellow? Me thinks this would also be a great line up for an ongoing.
    I'm pretty sure the power ranger is Hazmat, Jennifer Takeda.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The person in yellow is Hazmat from Avengers Academy(loved that series). Yeah, I am really, really looking forward to this

Heck yes, I’m all about an all girl team with a random Gambit stuck in there, living his best life now! He deserves it after all he’s been thru!