Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    This is gorgeous. I wonder if he used the most recent Legends as a reference for them? Their hair looks similar to those sculpts
    Could be! I would love a story arc revolving around this trio. Maybe throw Jubilee in for fun too.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    David Talaski variant for X-MEN ‘92: HOUSE OF XCII #1

It's a nice cover. So I guess they're both in this book, might check it out.

That makes sense. It would be cool to see a follow-up game at some point in the future.
    Agreed. I'll always love "Super-Hero Poker Night" (LOL):

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-05-2022 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. I'll always love "Super-Hero Poker Night" (LOL):

I will be genuinely disappointed if we don't revisit this in some fashion and Gambit doesn't show up on Gambling World somehow.

But we won't see Rogue next X-Men issue, so hopefully she'll be back in issue #8. Have we seen her in any significant capacity since issue #3? I don't think we have. And Duggan can say what he will, but on a team book I think it's legitimate for a fan to feel dissatisfied about 5 months of not seeing the character they're reading the book for utilized at all. So hopefully her focus is coming and Gambit can get some side action.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Right? 5 months! Ugh. I can see going 1 or 2 issues with not seeing a character that is a so-called main cast member, but almost half a year is ridiculous
    Make Good Art

Hey all,

Just a reminder that Gambit and Rogue fanworks week is coming up at the end of February!

Since we're in a wasteland of new material for either character, let alone both of them together, it's time for a little DIY entertainment.

And remember a fan work can be anything made in appreciation of the two characters. Fan art and fan fiction are of course the most popular, but making art or video edits, cosplay, poetry, etc ... it all counts. Your work doesn't need to be perfect or totally complete either. It's not uncommon to write only a chapter or short story since it's only a few months time to prepare.

Here's the Tumblr page link: http://roguegambitweek.tumblr.com

No Rogue or Gambit in X-books today, but they both appeared in Black Panther together for a brief cameo.

IMG_20220126_135948.jpg
    IMG_20220126_135955.jpg

I'm not sure where this fits in present continuity or if it really matters as the gates kind of remove a lot of the space and time constraints of storytelling.

Kind of a partial TT X-Men: Red team plus Rogue, which I would have loved. Ah well. And we continue to see them get more and better use outside their actual home books. Le sigh.

Also was very fascinating to see them both get screen time on the new promo animation for the Krakoa era when they have barely had any place or bearing in the storylines thus far. Hopefully it's a sign of better things to come and not just them being used again for their popularity. It was a pretty fun piece though. https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/14...Uv-WuujIQ&s=19

I'm so ready to see them REALLY get some play in Krakoa any time now. If we're doing this, let's really dig into it! https://twitter.com/gottabecarl/stat...AVZbM7W7g&s=19

This piece by Carl Broaddus really got me in my feels. I can see Remy doing this and it absolutely breaks my heart. This is more what I want to see touched on in the X-books. Being taken seriously as characters and honoring their significant pasts. Hellions did this so well. How does Remy feel seeing the resurrected Morlocks? How do they? How can any if them tolerate Sinister being there? It's easy to TELL mutants to bury the hatchet, but feelings don't die so easily. These are the kinds of stories I'm missing. Now I don't think Rachal or Rogue would actually let him do this, nor should anyone. But it really makes you think.

Right? 5 months! Ugh. I can see going 1 or 2 issues with not seeing a character that is a so-called main cast member, but almost half a year is ridiculous
    x_x yeah this is horrible

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post

I'm so ready to see them REALLY get some play in Krakoa any time now. If we're doing this, let's really dig into it! https://twitter.com/gottabecarl/stat...AVZbM7W7g&s=19

This piece by Carl Broaddus really got me in my feels. I can see Remy doing this and it absolutely breaks my heart. This is more what I want to see touched on in the X-books. Being taken seriously as characters and honoring their significant pasts. Hellions did this so well. How does Remy feel seeing the resurrected Morlocks? How do they? How can any if them tolerate Sinister being there? It's easy to TELL mutants to bury the hatchet, but feelings don't die so easily. These are the kinds of stories I'm missing. Now I don't think Rachal or Rogue would actually let him do this, nor should anyone. But it really makes you think.
    Yeah, it's tricky because I definitely think Gambit would do this but I would be interested to see what Rogue or Sarah would say or even Storm or other X-Men. And I would be interested to see the fallout of it if they went through with it. I think a common theme is how revenge doesn't always fix things, so maybe some of them would feel better and maybe some would feel worse.

But yeah, unfortunately, we aren't getting this in the current comics

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    x_x yeah this is horrible
    It is. I feel like a little foolish for being excited for X-Men when she was announced on the book, especially after Excalibur
    Make Good Art

Yeah, it's tricky because I definitely think Gambit would do this but I would be interested to see what Rogue or Sarah would say or even Storm or other X-Men. And I would be interested to see the fallout of it if they went through with it. I think a common theme is how revenge doesn't always fix things, so maybe some of them would feel better and maybe some would feel worse.

But yeah, unfortunately, we aren't getting this in the current comics

It is. I feel like a little foolish for being excited for X-Men when she was announced on the book, especially after Excalibur
    We all sinned with that, after all the attention Duggan had given her at UA, but it's pretty obvious that Duggan lost interest in our girl, unless it's an editorial mandate from XOffice to prop up other characters.... but then I remembered that in xcalibur although it seems incredible Rogue received better treatment and more dialogues than here.

But well, not everything is bad on the horizon, next year Rogue ( and Gambit ) will be back in the animated series, and this will positively affect how she is treated in the comics, the same for Remy, we just have to hold on until she is premiere the series.

Although I really wish with all my might that Rogue changed writers before then, I say worse than Duggan they can't do it, he literally ignores her for several issues.....

Since we're looking at a virtual desert of Rogue and Gambit stories for a bit and in lieu of the approaching fanworks week, I have an idea for a silly group project to pass the time.

Anyone remember writing round robin stories in elementary school? Where one person starts a story and then passes it on for their neighbor to write the next part and so it gets passed around the entire class until it returns to the start?

Anyway, how about we give it a go? You don't have to be a good writer. It can be dumb or silly or cringe. It absolutely doesn't have to make any sense or jive with canon. We don't care about your grammar. By all means, go buckwild ... just keep it PG-13 and remember it's an appreciation thread and story for both characters. You can add one sentence or entire paragraphs. Write from any perspective you want. Include dialogue or don't. Make it funny or make it serious. Whatever ... Just have fun!

Hope y'all are game and join in! I'll be brave and get us started here, but by all means take this car off road!

Start

The serve from Rogue sends the volleyball soaring well over Remy's head, pelting down at an impossible speed, but still not quite enough to elude his inborn agility. He gets a hand under it just in time to send it in a perfect arc to Laura who is happy to spike it straight at Bobby's face. Bobby instinctively throws up an ice wall for protection sending the ball bounding back into space yet again and Jubilee blows the whistle.

"Lift." She proclaims.

"Heyyyy, this is a powers ALLOWED game. Boo! Bad call ref!" Bobby complains.

Jubilee rolls her eyes at him. "Dude, what are you five? I get less bawling from Shogo."

"C'mon, Bobby. Don't be a bad sport. Go ahead and let them serve. We can take whatever they dish out." Rogue adds, taunting her husband with a blown kiss.

Laura, who caught the return, tosses the ball over to Remy. "You hearing this? Should we just put them out of their misery?"

"Now petite, there's no reason to rush. Didn't Logan ever teach you to savor your meal a bit, eh?" Remy returns, with a wink to Rogue as he flips the ball back and forth between his hands fluidly.

"Ewww. Whose idea was it to put them on opposite teams, anyway?" asks Paige Guthrie, who is stretched out nearby on a beach chair watching Shogo play in the sand and trying to work on her tan.

"Theirs ... of course." sighs Jubilee. "Are you gonna serve or what, Blue Bayou?"

Remy has positioned himself back behind the serving line marker. He grins, "Just waitin' on a formal invitation."

He lines up a jump serve, fusha energy lighting up the movement and the ball, which rockets over the net.

Rogue takes flight to intercept and .... Your Turn!

(I apologize for the change in tense, I have a hard time writing in present tense)

...collided with Bobby as he slid over to do the same. The ball sailed over both of their heads as they fell to the ground and exploded, kicking up sand.

"Dang it, Bobby," Rogue said with a groan. She rubbed at her head above her temple where a she had connected with Bobby's ice slide. "You were supposed to stay on your side."

"It looked like it was coming for my side," Bobby replied. He produced a block of ice and held it out to her. "Here, put this on your head before you get a lump."

"Oh, I'll give you a lump," Rogue replied, balling up a fist.

Jubilee ran into the pit. "Guys, guys, just chill out! We're supposed to be having fun, remember?"

Remy ran over to his wife to help her up. "Ah, but that's the thing, petite. Rogue's only having fun if she's winning. Ain't that right?"

Rogue slapped away Remy's hand. It was meant to be playful but there was enough of a sting behind it for Remy to see he had struck a nerve. "I can have fun and lose," she said. "It's just more fun to win."

Laura put her arm around Jubilee's neck and whispered, "Do you think it's too late to take Jono up on his offer to go to the city?"

Before Jubilee could reply...
    Make Good Art

Fantastic Member

(I apologize for the change in tense, I have a hard time writing in present tense)

...collided with Bobby as he slid over to do the same. The ball sailed over both of their heads as they fell to the ground and exploded, kicking up sand.

"Dang it, Bobby," Rogue said with a groan. She rubbed at her head above her temple where a she had connected with Bobby's ice slide. "You were supposed to stay on your side."

"It looked like it was coming for my side," Bobby replied. He produced a block of ice and held it out to her. "Here, put this on your head before you get a lump."

"Oh, I'll give you a lump," Rogue replied, balling up a fist.

Jubilee ran into the pit. "Guys, guys, just chill out! We're supposed to be having fun, remember?"

Remy ran over to his wife to help her up. "Ah, but that's the thing, petite. Rogue's only having fun if she's winning. Ain't that right?"

Rogue slapped away Remy's hand. It was meant to be playful but there was enough of a sting behind it for Remy to see he had struck a nerve. "I can have fun and lose," she said. "It's just more fun to win."

Laura put her arm around Jubilee's neck and whispered, "Do you think it's too late to take Jono up on his offer to go to the city?"

Before Jubilee could reply...
    wow i like where the story goes, .
    If I suggest, I will introduce a new villain for the duo ( Rouge and Gambit).

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    wow i like where the story goes, .
    If I suggest, I will introduce a new villain for the duo ( Rouge and Gambit).
    Please do! Don't be shy!

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Please do! Don't be shy!
    Ooookkkaaayyy ... so I guess everyone is too shy?