Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 LastLast

Captain-Marvel-443.jpg

Oh man, feeling for Remy in this preview. Even though he's trying to be realistic and pragmatic, his face is just so ...!!! Love that Laura has his back and reminds him that hope isn't lost. The Brood has to be super triggering for him.

Looking forward so hard to this next Captain Marvel issue and hopeful for X-Treme volume 2.

Now on to some general fandom announcements ...

First up, the prompts/themes for Rogue and Gambit fanworks week are ready for your votes! What would you like to see for stories or art? Here's your chance to vote! Here: https://at.tumblr.com/roguegambitwee...4/c7glk80446y2

The second thing is that the very beginnings of a Fanzine for Rogue and Gambit are in the works to celebrate their 5th anniversary this summer. We're just in the planning and interest phase, but here are the places to follow for more information as it becomes available:
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/RogueGambitZine?...qag0ensNA&s=09
    Tumblr: https://at.tumblr.com/rogue-gambit-f...e/cum3273i1uhj
    IG is in progress!
    The overall theme will be Home and Harbor. An interest survey will be posting soon.

Speaking of fanworks!

Have you seen this new Rogue and Gambit fan film?
    https://youtu.be/cav8hUBHEZ0

Lots of nods to comics and cartoon source material!

Is it perfect? Naw. But really really fun. Needs a little work to smooth out some dialogue that feels a tad forced, but some of the delivery really pulled my heartstrings.

Just gives me goosebumps thinking about what a professional studio could accomplish with these characters.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post

Speaking of fanworks!

Have you seen this new Rogue and Gambit fan film?
    https://youtu.be/cav8hUBHEZ0

Lots of nods to comics and cartoon source material!

Is it perfect? Naw. But really really fun. Needs a little work to smooth out some dialogue that feels a tad forced, but some of the delivery really pulled my heartstrings.

Just gives me goosebumps thinking about what a professional studio could accomplish with these characters.
    Ooo, cool! I will need to check this out ASAP. I'm glad to see more fan films like this being put out
    Make Good Art

Whelp, I don't know about y'all but I'm feeling at least decently well fed today. Mmmm ... delicious.

Really dug how Remy was portrayed in Captain Marvel #44. He's understandably devastated and it shows in the art, but we don't get him mooning on and on about Rogue or his sadness about this hard decision ... Kelly understands Remy is a character who largely suffers in silence and masks his emotions to a degree. I love how Laura just puts her hand on him and supports him through it. Laura and Remy friendship for LIFE!!! I have missed it so much!

Also loved that Remy made the final call and did what had to be done with Brood-Rogue and was the one to make the decision to stay on mission rather than run home to Krakoa to be a house husband. He acted like the seasoned X-Man and pragmatic character that he is. Welcome back, Remy!

And the little reference to Lorna crushing on Remy was a hilarious little nod to that Gambit stripper from Lorna's bachelorette party.

And bless Kelly and Sergio for that gratuitously long and gorgeous kiss between he and Rogue. Yes ma'am! I will never tire of them sucking face at every opportunity.

Now I'm very on the fence about whether this is ACTUALLY Rogue.

Her line about not remembering why she contacted Carol first and it not mattering made me immediately suspicious, but then Gambit didn't seem fazed and he is usually good at spotting false realities when Rogue's involved.

I'm leaning towards it being that Rogue is probably captured there too rather than actually dead, but it's too soon to say.

We'll see next issue, but I think he'll see through it if she's not real.

And then we had a few tiny moments with them in X-Treme. It was largely the Kitty Pryde show, but we did find out that this picks up right where Volume 1 left off where Gambit had his powers back and Rogue was still depowered. So hopefully we'll get the background at long last of how Rogue gets repowered! And I didn't totally hate the Ogun storyline like I'd anticipated I would, so I'm on this ride. Weeeee.

Sins of Sinister #1 variant by Marco Checchetto:

Whelp, I don't know about y'all but I'm feeling at least decently well fed today. Mmmm ... delicious.

Really dug how Remy was portrayed in Captain Marvel #44. He's understandably devastated and it shows in the art, but we don't get him mooning on and on about Rogue or his sadness about this hard decision ... Kelly understands Remy is a character who largely suffers in silence and masks his emotions to a degree. I love how Laura just puts her hand on him and supports him through it. Laura and Remy friendship for LIFE!!! I have missed it so much!

Also loved that Remy made the final call and did what had to be done with Brood-Rogue and was the one to make the decision to stay on mission rather than run home to Krakoa to be a house husband. He acted like the seasoned X-Man and pragmatic character that he is. Welcome back, Remy!

And the little reference to Lorna crushing on Remy was a hilarious little nod to that Gambit stripper from Lorna's bachelorette party.

And bless Kelly and Sergio for that gratuitously long and gorgeous kiss between he and Rogue. Yes ma'am! I will never tire of them sucking face at every opportunity.

Now I'm very on the fence about whether this is ACTUALLY Rogue.

Her line about not remembering why she contacted Carol first and it not mattering made me immediately suspicious, but then Gambit didn't seem fazed and he is usually good at spotting false realities when Rogue's involved.

I'm leaning towards it being that Rogue is probably captured there too rather than actually dead, but it's too soon to say.

We'll see next issue, but I think he'll see through it if she's not real.

And then we had a few tiny moments with them in X-Treme. It was largely the Kitty Pryde show, but we did find out that this picks up right where Volume 1 left off where Gambit had his powers back and Rogue was still depowered. So hopefully we'll get the background at long last of how Rogue gets repowered! And I didn't totally hate the Ogun storyline like I'd anticipated I would, so I'm on this ride. Weeeee.
    CM was the definite standout. You can feel that KT wants to use them because she enjoys writing these characters. The art was also great.

Laura overall feels more in character here. KT obviously should have been writing Lorna before, a shame for Lornas fans that it took this long. Mostly a shame for Marvel.
    Remy was very enjoyable and he got a lot of focus. I think there is a disconnect where writers wants us to feel that death is still a major decesion and something that is fraught with pain and uncertainty. While we readers just see it as an on/off switch to be flipped as one wants. Probably because there exists a certain gap that stops us from being as invested as we should. We have gotten used to things over the years. The nature of Marvel and DC.

XX was fine enough. It was nice to see Rogue, Gambit, Bishop and Sage together again. The original Kitty&Wolverine mini was something I owned as a kid and even then it stood out as very good and different.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    XX was fine enough. It was nice to see Rogue, Gambit, Bishop and Sage together again. The original Kitty&Wolverine mini was something I owned as a kid and even then it stood out as very good and different.
    Agreed. It's sad how certain elements from that limited series have become a bit archaic, though.
    Remember the amount of time it took for Logan to fully recover from being impaled?
    Nowadays, he'd just walk around with that sword still stuck in-between his gut...

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-10-2022 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. It's sad how certain elements from that limited series have become a bit archaic, though.
    Remember the amount of time it took for Logan to fully recover from being impaled?
    Nowadays, he'd just walk around with that sword still stuck in-between his gut...

That version will always be my favorite. Generally I like big power characters but these days way to many heroes and villains are overpowered to a degree that it hampers storytelling. Some writers can make it work like Hickman but the majority can’t and marvel needs to acknowledge that. I am expecting a toning down of powers in the future for many characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Sins of Sinister #1 variant by Marco Checchetto:

Rogue looking gorgeous, but passed out with her face on Cyke's booty. Eek.

Oh and by the by, did y'all see our babies got a great cameo on the Marvel SNAP promo video?

https://youtu.be/J5spiMVI9U8

I really think 2023 could be a great year for them.

Oh and by the by, did y'all see our babies got a great cameo on the Marvel SNAP promo video?

https://youtu.be/J5spiMVI9U8

I really think 2023 could be a great year for them.
    they keep reminding us they they are one of the best couples in the marvel universe all the time. I can't wait for the MCU. I play Marvel Snap and they recently got a bundle that I am sooooo tempted to get but its expensive as heck.

I may cave on the last day and get it.. >.< but yeah I think 2023 will be much better than 2022.. with '97 coming out.

I know, right?! Definitely, brings back memories from...

X-Men: Evolution

As someone that hated KT's stories before, this was much better. Gambit felt like an actual human being and not just Rogue's appendage. The main drawback is death is kind of cheapened here because we know they can be brought back although that is not KT's fault of course.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Some good old fashioned 90's Gambit/Rogue stuff I found...

XCU001.jpgXCU002.jpgXCU003.jpg
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

ROGUE & GAMBIT #1 (OF 5)
    Stephanie Phillips (W) • Carlos GÓMEZ (A) • Cover by Steve Morris
    Variant Cover by ZU ORZU • Pulp Variant Cover by MARC ASPINALL
    STORMBREAKERS VARIANT COVER BY LUCAS WERNECK
    TIMELESS MYSTIQUE VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY ALEX ROSS
    TIMELESS MYSTIQUE VIRGIN SKETCH VARIANT COVER BY ALEX ROSS
    DESTINY STRIKES YOUR FAVORITE X-MEN DUO!
    Krakoa is on a precipice. Destiny alone can see what's coming – but the precog cannot act. For that, she'll need her adoptive daughter, Rogue. Husbands need not apply…but with mutant duties stealing Rogue away so much these days, Gambit is determined to make the most of the mission and put some Cajun spice back into their increasingly complicated love affair. He just has to make it out of the bar first. Powerhouse writer Stephanie Phillips (Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman, Millie the Spy) joins fan-favorite artist Carlos Gómez (X-Terminators, Amazing Spider-Man) for a thrill ride that'll lay bare some of Krakoa's biggest secrets!

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I don't know how to feel about this. On one hand, I'm very excited that they are getting another book and it seems Phillips could be a good writer for them (and Gomez's art is amazing). On the other hand, from that description it sounds like it could be more a Rogue book with her sidekick Gambit if not done well. Trying to stay positive, though
    Make Good Art

Yeah, I am still excited they are getting a book and I am trying to remain optimistic, but there are a lot of red flags in that solicit. Gambit tagging along on Rogue's mission, "increasingly complicated love affair", and the part about if Gambit can make it out of the bar(!?). Yikes! Hoping for the best though, and I am always willing to give a new writer a chance.