Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Long time lurker of the X-Men boards, I just want to wish you Rogue and Gambit fans some glorious content. It really is true that you guys are going through a dry spell. Hope everything turns around once they are introduced in the MCU. Don't forget there is other fandoms out there, I just became aware of Arcane, and I find it to be the bee's knees. Anyways carry on, Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Jottma View Post
    Long time lurker of the X-Men boards, I just want to wish you Rogue and Gambit fans some glorious content. It really is true that you guys are going through a dry spell. Hope everything turns around once they are introduced in the MCU. Don't forget there is other fandoms out there, I just became aware of Arcane, and I find it to be the bee's knees. Anyways carry on, Peace.
    Thanks, Jottma! Definitely come again to join us!

And no worries. I think we're all finding ways to fill the void. With Saga back I have that to read and a few other books. Lots of great content out there. Also catching up on some older runs and other Marvel characters.

But there are ways to keep the flame burning for Rogue and Gambit, even in these slow times.

Fanworks week starts next Sunday! I'll be sure to share links and maybe post some fan art.

Also, y'all need to check out the love our couple got this week in X-Men: Monday https://aiptcomics.com/2022/02/14/x-...s-day-special/
    Last edited by AppleJ; 02-14-2022 at 06:29 AM.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jottma View Post
    Thanks, friend. Here's hoping we get some good stuff soon.

Yeah, I've heard Arcana is good. I've never played LoL but the animation for that show is enough to get me interested.

I've lately just been getting back into D&D, honestly. Why wait for the X-Men World to get better when I can just make my own world? lol Now I just need to find some time and people to play with
    Make Good Art

Adding these Q & As:

AIPT: Welcome, everybody! Who is your all-time favorite X-Couple — or — what is your all-time favorite X-Romance?

Javier Pina (X-Men Artist): Rogue and Gambit. Can’t help it, I got emotionally involved while drawing them kissing.

Israel Silva (Colorist): Gambit and Rogue, because of the great chemistry they had and they were the coolest of them all!

Declan Shalvey (X-Men Unlimited Artist): This is a very ‘basic’ answer to have, but it’s got to be Rogue and Gambit. They both had sexy accents (‘cherie,’ ‘shugah,’ etc.) but the added tragedy of Rogue not being able to get close to Remy no matter how much she wanted to be with him. And I mean, he was irresistible, am I right…?

Pepe Larraz (X-Men Artist): Rogue and Gambit. I’d love to say Toad and Husk but I’m a classic.

Andrea Broccardo (X-Men: Curse of the Man-Thing Artist): It’s a great question! There are so many awesome X-Couples that I love, but if I have to choose, Rogue and Gambit are absolutely on the top of my list! I love the badass couple, especially the ’90s version! I love their love story, they can’t touch each other, nor a kiss, but their relationship is full of passion! If I have to choose a second option, my vote goes to Logan and Jean Grey ( sorry, Scott!).

Steve Orlando (Marauders Writer): I’m partial of course to my own work with Somnus and Akihiro. But I do also love the classic persevering romance of Rogue and Gambit, characters intent on loving each other despite huge obstacles both internal and external. And that’s something that I think is relatable across multiple life experiences. With all the forces of the world against them, they’re intent on building and continuing, a loving relationship. And I have to mention Apocalypse and Genesis here too, such high mythic romance between these two.
    Just needed to point out all these creators with amazingly good taste.

Of course we can thank Javier Pina for those gorgeous last few issues of Mr. & Mrs. X! Glad to see him drawing Rogue again next issue of X-Men!

And I REALLY think Duggan needs to work Gambit into another issue to give Pepe the same opportunity!

Also ... Steve Orlando is getting his chance at Gambit (and Rogue) WHEN?? @Marvel!

Glad to see to people like Steve Orlando and Pepe Larraz are fans.
    Pina did a great job on that last issue of MMX.

Artists love them! And why shouldn't they?!

IMG_20220215_205956.jpg
    Look at this beauty from Pere Perez!

Also this amazing piece from Richard Luong on art.sideshow:
    IMG_20220215_205933.jpg
    I particularly like how Gambit is positioned here. Very dynamic!

Dang, that Perez one is especially so damn good.

From both of these pieces, I understand why artists would like Rogue and Gambit so much. They both have very distinct looks but also their powersets make for really cool imagery. Like, Rogue being the strong one makes it so she can be the one flying Gambit around or Gambit's kinetic charges can add some splashes of bright pink here and there.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Dang, that Perez one is especially so damn good.

From both of these pieces, I understand why artists would like Rogue and Gambit so much. They both have very distinct looks but also their powersets make for really cool imagery. Like, Rogue being the strong one makes it so she can be the one flying Gambit around or Gambit's kinetic charges can add some splashes of bright pink here and there.
    Definitely. I also like to think it's because pink and green are basically complimentary colors (red/green) from an art perspective.

Peach Momoko did this in 2018. I haven’t seen it before but damn that is adorable.

AF2630C3-3B36-42EA-A758-16571B7BE105.jpg

I love that one. Their expressions are so freakin cute
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Peach Momoko did this in 2018. I haven’t seen it before but damn that is adorable.

AF2630C3-3B36-42EA-A758-16571B7BE105.jpg
    Oh I adore that sketch! It's just adorable and joyful. Rogue looks like she's giggling, like she's ticklish or something and he just looks super content.

I do sincerely hope you all come check out the Fanworks week on Tumblr for Rogue and Gambit which started today.

All the posted fanworks are being collected here:

http://roguegambitweek.tumblr.com

Day 1 is Thieves Guild/King and Queen of Thieves for the theme/prompt and we are already off to a fantastic start.

Check out this amazing illustration made for Day 1 by Anna-Dela-Luz
    Tumblr_l_534878814110540.jpg

The detail is blowing my mind.

Right though? That's such a great way to start the week. I can already tell this year is going to be cathartic for a lot of Romy fans lol
    Make Good Art

My Gambit and Rogue question for Chris Claremont from X-Men: Monday:

AIPT: Now, we can’t have a Gambit-focused interview without a little Rogue talk. X-Fan Jacki (AppleJ) said that in X-Treme X-Men and X-Men: The End, you wrote a delicious dynamic between Gambit and Rogue — they even had kids. What do you think makes them a good match and what do you think they would struggle with as a couple aside from Rogue’s powers?

Chris: Well, I have to say, Rogue’s powers are a pretty impressive challenge in their own right. On the other hand, over the years — for example, in X-Treme X-Men — there have been occasions where one or the other, or both, have found themselves without super-abilities. Seems to me they’ve handled things just fine. I think what makes them a good match is embodied in both their names: one’s a ‘rogue,’ the other runs ‘Gambit’s’ galore. In short, at heart-’n’-soul, they’re both thieves. What more fun could be had by either, yah?

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I do sincerely hope you all come check out the Fanworks week on Tumblr for Rogue and Gambit which started today.

All the posted fanworks are being collected here:

http://roguegambitweek.tumblr.com

Day 1 is Thieves Guild/King and Queen of Thieves for the theme/prompt and we are already off to a fantastic start.

Check out this amazing illustration made for Day 1 by Anna-Dela-Luz
    Tumblr_l_534878814110540.jpg

The detail is blowing my mind.
    Great art.
    I did a Rogue/Gambit piece in January on my DA page, but it's a generic portrait/pose of the two them, not sure if it fits any of the themes.
    Btw, I noticed Lenore Zann's been responding to some of your tweets, she seems really hyped about the ROMY stuff, obviously she won't spoil anything, but it's a no-brainer that we'll get some Rogue and Gambit interaction, hopefully some deeper development.