Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I hope Marvel does get the message we want more Gambit and Rogue. Both have so much potential for story-lines that I'd love to see explored. Maybe if KT ever gets to write an X-book again...
    PLEASE. Honestly, it wouldn't just have to be a Rogue and Gambit book either. Give Rogue her own team with some other people to draw in more sales. And I'm not even saying it should be an Excalibur type book where it's a Rogue/Gambit book disguised as a team book. We can get some Romy stuff, Marvel makes money, and some other characters' fans get to be happy too. Just give me a few panels of them and I'm happy. It would be way preferable to what we're getting now
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    PLEASE. Honestly, it wouldn't just have to be a Rogue and Gambit book either. Give Rogue her own team with some other people to draw in more sales. And I'm not even saying it should be an Excalibur type book where it's a Rogue/Gambit book disguised as a team book. We can get some Romy stuff, Marvel makes money, and some other characters' fans get to be happy too. Just give me a few panels of them and I'm happy. It would be way preferable to what we're getting now
    A team book built up around them as the two leads of separate units would actually be the ideal evolution/next step for them as characters to me. Kind of like where Claremont was going in Revolutions but with the follow-through. They are both well poised to be mentors.

It would be a perfect place to put some of the GenX and Academy X "kids". Names that come to mind immediately - Laura, Jubilee, Gimmick, Chamber, Bling!, Synch, Marrow ... maybe Hellion or Surge?

But yeah, I'm hoping Marvel hears our plea for MORE Mr. and Mrs. X. And obviously I'd prefer to have KT back to write them. I'm sure there is another writer out there who could do them both justice, but KT is right here! And I'm sure she has more story to tell!

Also, sounds like Remy and Mystique might finally be having some panel time together with Rogue either in X-Men #9 and/or #10. So perhaps we're being thrown a bone at last?

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    A team book built up around them as the two leads of separate units would actually be the ideal evolution/next step for them as characters to me. Kind of like where Claremont was going in Revolutions but with the follow-through. They are both well poised to be mentors.

It would be a perfect place to put some of the GenX and Academy X "kids". Names that come to mind immediately - Laura, Jubilee, Gimmick, Chamber, Bling!, Synch, Marrow ... maybe Hellion or Surge?

But yeah, I'm hoping Marvel hears our plea for MORE Mr. and Mrs. X. And obviously I'd prefer to have KT back to write them. I'm sure there is another writer out there who could do them both justice, but KT is right here! And I'm sure she has more story to tell!

Also, sounds like Remy and Mystique might finally be having some panel time together with Rogue either in X-Men #9 and/or #10. So perhaps we're being thrown a bone at last?
    Yeah, Idk why, but I always go back to them working with kids. Maybe it's me wanting them to have kids of their own eventually, but I like them as teachers and role-models (especially when they've been that in the past). I think it's kind of the next step in their evolution as characters and shows how far they've come since their villainous pasts.

That's interesting about Mystique. I really hope it's something somewhat positive, at least. As much as I enjoyed the poker scene, having another scene like that would just disappoint me after this long.
    Make Good Art

Yeah, Idk why, but I always go back to them working with kids. Maybe it's me wanting them to have kids of their own eventually, but I like them as teachers and role-models (especially when they've been that in the past). I think it's kind of the next step in their evolution as characters and shows how far they've come since their villainous pasts.

That's interesting about Mystique. I really hope it's something somewhat positive, at least. As much as I enjoyed the poker scene, having another scene like that would just disappoint me after this long.
    So apparently the rumor is it's Irene! (Not Mystique).

And yeah, I feel hopeful but a bit apprehensive too. I enjoyed the poker night bit a lot at first, but it has played less and less well for me when silhouetted against Gambit's poor usage in Excalibur. I also have gotten a mixed impression on whether Duggan likes Gambit as a character or likes Rogue with Gambit. Seems like he said he preferred them as exes in the past. So I hope he doesn't portray them like two characters who should be split up.

Astonishing Member

I know how you feel… :/

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ

True! I really do like the idea of the two leading their own teams harkening back to the Revolution era. And yea, touching upon both having good bonds with the younger generation would be neat. They may both be thieves in their own ways, but both appreciate found families (as two people raised by adoptive parents, well partially in Rogue's case).

Personally I'd want a combination of X-23, Hellion, Indra, Surge, Blindspot and Trance. Maybe throw in one of the kids from Remy's squad, Rain Boy is the first to come to mind but Onyxx should be around too. Oh! Also Wither could be good, poor boy probably needs a good mentor most of all, considering all the trauma from his powers and the entire debacle with Selene. I really wish Rogue would've reached out to him, since I feel his ordeal parallels hers a fair bit.

Been awhile, but y'all ... we have been fed again at last!

And SO close to Rogue and Gambit week too!

Back later for the discussion ... (winks)

Hey Hi Hullo fellow lovers of Mr & Mrs X.

Can those who've had the early pleasure of enjoying today's Duggan content share via spoiler tags or DM?

I'm all shivery with anticipation

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

Can those who've had the early pleasure of enjoying today's Duggan content share via spoiler tags or DM?

It's hard to describe because its pretty wordy but it's the highlight of the book for me, i literally laughed out loud.

spoilers:
    Gambit and Rogue show up on a backwater moon using gates to get info on gameworld, irene is there and gambit is like "this is my mother in law" and Rogue is like "ya" and refers to Irene as "ma." Rogue and Gambit basically go Rogue and Gambit to get the info because a battle breaks out all the while irene, gambit, rogue are talking and Destiny truly hates gambit and feels rogue could do better but yet she still warns him to "move right" lol. They didn't get the info and leave. Best line was "When i came back and found out my daughter was married to you, i asked them to kill me again." LMAO
    end of spoilers Sorry it's a little incoherent but it really is one of those must read scenes.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Thank you jwatson. I very much appreciate you taking the time. I'm super looking forward to seeing/reading it. XOXO

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

It’s a mixed bag. Rogue is pretty flip about Destiny and her meeting each other. This can not be taken as the reunion scene people want. Other then that the meat of the scene is Gambit and Destiny. Witch mostly plays out like a typical scene between Mystique and Gambit.

It’s kind of hard to have a well defined reaction and I don’t know how I really feel yet.

First of I applaud Duggan for giving us this scene. It’s fun and we where by no means guaranteed that it would be given to us any time soon. Or the scene itself being longer then a panel or two.

It’s well written and spaced out. Art is gorgeous.

Personally I think Destiny and Mystique are to similar here. I mean the joke kind of becomes to tragic. Who would want to be together with Rogue and have them as in-laws. The only ones they approve of are their own handpicked puppets.

Overall it sets up a let’s say frosty relationship between Gambit and Destiny and therefor Rogue as well. She will come to blows with them if they are this tactless. Now she is happy to have Irene back but with this attitude that might change sooner rather then later.

The fight is fun but Gambit takes some hits. This is a reflection of the dialogue but it still irks me to see. Gambit should not be good at taking hits. I interpreted the exchange that Jwatson mentioned a bit different. As Destiny intentionally misdirecting Gambit.

I would say that Duggan Gambit got better the longer he was on page. Like he needed to get warm with the character. The end was a really nice jab. Kudos on that one. Very Gambit.

It's Gambit and Rogue against the world and the odds. It has always been that way so I'm OK with Destiny not approving. I agree that it's the same with Mystique, so I'd prefer if at least the delivery was a bit different. It was fun and Gambit had the last word.

I guess we'll always have this moment to treasure:

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    It's Gambit and Rogue against the world and the odds. It has always been that way so I'm OK with Destiny not approving. I agree that it's the same with Mystique, so I'd prefer if at least the delivery was a bit different. It was fun and Gambit had the last word.

I guess we'll always have this moment to treasure:

Yeah my misgivings about the scene is mostly from future implications and my own hope that Destiny would add something different to the dynamic. The scene itself is fun. It also leaves me torn because for all my own opinions I can see the other side of the argument. It makes sense for Mystique and Destiny to be similar otherwise a lot of that relationship would be Raven hoping Irene doesn’t know what she did and how she did it. Witch of course becomes a bit problematic with a precog.

I just want some fun scenes with them that doesn’t require Rogue to tell her parents off. But I guess we are revving up for one big scene where Rogue must confront them. She is far to independent, brash and stubborn not to.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

I feel my only waffle on this issue is that Rogue isn’t really present. Like, this is her book and it’d be one thing if she’d had focus and moments prior to this. But each issue focuses on a specific member. And hers… focuses on her mom & husband. Rogue, while fun & spunky which I’m ALWAYS here for, doesn’t even get her own head space for her focus. It’s all framed through Irene & Remy. Which is a bit of a bummer.

That said, I loved everything else. Gambit & Mystique love to hate each other, Irene just as much suffers no fools. Gambit has her number too, he states “okay, I’ll bite” implying he’s fully aware that Irene is saying shit to get a rise out of him. Irene is disappointed about Rogue no longer being wild & independent which Gambit counters that his love has zero strings - Rogue’s allowed to be whoever she wants to be with him.
    Gambit & Rogue destroy the fucking bar, good use of both of their powers, and they were both on the same page with Irene - they think she’s just cockblocking their trip after a lotta lack of alone time. Irene wants Rogue to back her & Mystique for whatever comes next on Krokoa, bold of her to assume Rogue will. I agree that Gambit is a wild card; he could potentially sway Rogue to not listen to her moms.

All in all, fun issue! Just dying for Rogue herself to have some focus

Yeah, was definitely hoping Destiny would differ from Mystique in her opinion of Gambit, but that's a small complaint. I really liked those couple of pages and love how cool-headed Gambit is portrayed in this
    Make Good Art