Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I know I am repeating myself, but Neo-Year is a far better version of Batman Beyond than "Beyond the White Knight." White Knight has now gone off on a Red Hood tangent. Although the last issue of Beyond The White Knight told us the story would "continue" in the Red Hood spin off, that isn't technically correct...yet. The first issue seems to be set quite some time prior to the events of Beyond. I am sure it will eventually catch up but, frankly, it all smells to me more like a marketing scheme than a story.

By contrast, Neo-Year is approaching its finish in style. A superior storyline to White Knight and with a recognizable Terry-being-Terry and showing (one again) that he is the One True Future Batman.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

I'm a very happy person!

'Batman Beyond To Return From DC In 2023, Honest': https://bleedingcool.com/comics/batm...n-2023-honest/
    Last edited by The Invincible Beawulf; 09-04-2022 at 11:37 PM.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Quote Originally Posted by Tulku View Post
    I know I am repeating myself, but Neo-Year is a far better version of Batman Beyond than "Beyond the White Knight." White Knight has now gone off on a Red Hood tangent. Although the last issue of Beyond The White Knight told us the story would "continue" in the Red Hood spin off, that isn't technically correct...yet. The first issue seems to be set quite some time prior to the events of Beyond. I am sure it will eventually catch up but, frankly, it all smells to me more like a marketing scheme than a story.

By contrast, Neo-Year is approaching its finish in style. A superior storyline to White Knight and with a recognizable Terry-being-Terry and showing (one again) that he is the One True Future Batman.
    Agreed.
    Happy to know that Neo-Year is coming back in 2023. Hopefully we are talking first half of the year.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    I'm a very happy person!

'Batman Beyond To Return From DC In 2023, Honest': https://bleedingcool.com/comics/batm...n-2023-honest/
    Neat! I should've figured they wouldn't have given Terry a brand-new design just to show it off for a single issue.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

So the mini wrapped up and I don't know. I think that it is always an issue when superhero comics deal with A.I. because they have to punch things and A.I. is not really something that you can punch, but I feel like this is was one of the weaker endings for A.I. threat that I have seen in a while. Sword of Gotham and Lumus also ended up being just there.

I tend to agree with you that evil A.I. tends to be a poor choice for a comic book villain. The writer can really only make them interesting by having the A.I. not behave like an A.I. Still, I thought this miniseries handled the concept better than, oh, the Brother Eye storyline from a few years back (when brilliant Brother Eye can defeat all superheroes but can't find Gotham on a map. Literally.)

I admit that I did not like the "kill Bruce" start to this story, but now that we are at the end, I have to say that I am looking forward to a Batman Beyond series that does not have Bruce lurking in the background and just letting Terry be Batman. I hope that is what the return of the series in 2023 will be.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Yeah, good point on Brother Eye and whole Futures End storyline by extension.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Draper-Ivey confirmed at NYCC that he will be penning and illustrating a Static/Batman Beyond one-shot next year.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

I thought this was a random pairing until I realize they teamed-up in the cartoons.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought this was a random pairing until I realize they teamed-up in the cartoons.
    "Future Shock" is where it happened. Definitely, a classic (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Exactly. The two animated series did a fun cross-over. I am on board for the one-shot!

And speaking of cross-overs, there were the episodes that connected to the Zeta Project. I'd welcome another one-shot with Zeta. And Ro.

Awesome! Now that he's (relatively) back to his old self, I'd welcome the return of...

Mr. Freeze

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Terry and the general Beyond-verse was a perfect example of how to move on from OGs and bring in exciting new characters/villains and its a shame that DC never grew to know how to take full advantage of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Terry and the general Beyond-verse was a perfect example of how to move on from OGs and bring in exciting new characters/villains and its a shame that DC never grew to know how to take full advantage of that.
    Yeah, I mean...I'm as big of the OG's as anyone, but it really set a bar for legacy heroes in a way.