Page 46 of 100 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast

Does the gala happen before or after KoX 3? I don’t want to get my hopes up but it seems he will feature in the gala issue. Love the cover. It might not be my taste but it fits Gambit.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Does the gala happen before or after KoX 3? I don’t want to get my hopes up but it seems he will feature in the gala issue. Love the cover. It might not be my taste but it fits Gambit.
    Knights of X #3 comes out like 2-3 weeks before the Gala. Not sure which is first continuity wise. Pretty sure its KOX.

I’m gonna speculate that Gambit is rumored to be dead in KOX, but makes a grand “rumors of my death have been exaggerated” entrance wearing this ensemble. Everyone on the KOX team dies of horniness.

I like that theory! And the cover.

Spectacular Member

My assumption is that this is all just a misdirect so people are surprised when he dies, especially given the “Hope his trip to Otherworld doesn’t prevent him from attending” or whatever promo blurb, and the fact that he literally never gets a spotlight like this lmao
    Gambit Gazette, all the latest Gambit comic book and movie news: http://gambitgazette.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nah View Post
    My assumption is that this is all just a misdirect so people are surprised when he dies, especially given the “Hope his trip to Otherworld doesn’t prevent him from attending” or whatever promo blurb, and the fact that he literally never gets a spotlight like this lmao
    It’s all possible. I just hope he will feature in the gala issue. Such a waste to finally give him a good look and then not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    I’m gonna speculate that Gambit is rumored to be dead in KOX, but makes a grand “rumors of my death have been exaggerated” entrance wearing this ensemble. Everyone on the KOX team dies of horniness.
    That would be perfect! I hope it's what we get.

Also, shame on Marvel Meow having an X-Men issue that doesn't involve Gambit and his cats ... talk about rude.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    That would be perfect! I hope it's what we get.

Also, shame on Marvel Meow having an X-Men issue that doesn't involve Gambit and his cats ... talk about rude.
    I'm hearing they had Sinister in it?? These people are shameless! I'll forgive them when we get an oversized issues for Gambit. It's coming I got a feeling!

As for the Gala stuff, I just hope what ever they have planed its something that give Gambit some direction and he's not just another plot device. But the fake out idea you guys brought up has me worried.

BANNED

If they kill him off then I’m done.

Marvels weird fetish for single superheroes is creepy and pathetic.

My enthusiasm for the Gambit solo would be greatly diminished if Remy was killed in KoX. How would that be part of good marketing? "We killed him off so this will keep you happy! I mean, he's totally dead so nothing he does here will have any ramifications or will lead to further development, but look, it's in the 90s and totally radical!" Talk about my having a lack of incentive to purchase. I was glad the solo was kept separate from whatever is going on in Otherworld. But I despise that KoX would influence my enjoyment or lack of enjoyment of another writer's work. Insidious.

Gambit's cats not in Marvel Meow? Beginning to feel like a snub at this point. Fine, then. Even less pressure to subscribe to Unlimited. Good call there.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    My enthusiasm for the Gambit solo would be greatly diminished if Remy was killed in KoX. How would that be part of good marketing? "We killed him off so this will keep you happy! I mean, he's totally dead so nothing he does here will have any ramifications or will lead to further development, but look, it's in the 90s and totally radical!" Talk about my having a lack of incentive to purchase. I was glad the solo was kept separate from whatever is going on in Otherworld. But I despise that KoX would influence my enjoyment or lack of enjoyment of another writer's work. Insidious.

Gambit's cats not in Marvel Meow? Beginning to feel like a snub at this point. Fine, then. Even less pressure to subscribe to Unlimited. Good call there.
    100%. And the worst part is that if we don't support it and it doesn't sell well then Marvel's takeaway will just be, "Gambit doesn't have that many fans anymore."
    Make Good Art

Mighty Member

Gambit had a small cameo in Xforce. Well not so much a cameo, he was in a group shot of tons of mutants. Still he was pretty prominent in the shot

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Gambit had a small cameo in Xforce. Well not so much a cameo, he was in a group shot of tons of mutants. Still he was pretty prominent in the shot
    Is this what we've been reduced to?? Tears ;; hopefully we see him step up after his little rendezvous with death.
    Last edited by Romy134; 05-18-2022 at 11:55 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    Is this what we've been reduced to?? Tears ;; hopefully we see him step up after his little rendezvous with death.
    I found a image of it online. For what it’s worth it’s a cool shot

Mighty Member

Also don’t know if anyone read the immortal X-men issue but Sinister is straight up getting Gambit’s story arc. An actual villain story where he keeps teetering with doing good acts but is still bad. He took on a kaiju in the last issue. He’s essentially infiltrated there X-men, gained their trust but has his own agenda on his mind. I really think they could bring Gambit in with him on some stuff.