Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100
Results 1,486 to 1,498 of 1498
    Mighty Member

Welcome to 100 pages Gambit fans! One of only 4 characters to reach 100 on the X-books board and the only male on the list.

There’s a lot on the horizon hopefully and everyone has things they want to see in the new year

And this is where the love of Gambit started for a lot of people. He won everyone over within the intro of the first episode of the series. (Many before that in the comics themselves)

Let’s go 2023 and Laissez les bons temps rouler cheries!!
    Last edited by Gripstir; 12-29-2022 at 07:07 PM.

Whoooo! Happy to be here with my guild members. 2023 will be 150 pages because we’ll have SO MUCH more to talk about. Allons-y mes amis.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Welcome to 100 pages Gambit fans! One of only 4 characters to reach 100 on the X-books board and the only male on the list.

And this is where the love of Gambit started for a lot of people. He won everyone over within the intro of the first episode of the series. (Many before that in the comics themselves)

Let’s go 2023 and Laissez les bons temps rouler cheries!!
    Nice! 100 pages! And that's not even counting the fact that he also has the Rogue and Gambit thread where a lot of discussion about him takes place.

With the new year almost upon us how would you rate Gambit’s year on a scale of 1 to 10? With what high points and low points?

For me I’d give it a solid 6 with the Low point being his death in Knights of X, which besides issues 1 and 5, was somewhat good. Also another high point was his appearance in the main X-Men book, also his solo book by Claremont and the announcement of the Rogue & Gambit series.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I think 6 is a fair ranking. Knights was awful imo but he at least had a solo with Claremont, which was big, and also X-treme has been decent so far. Plus, Gambitxremy's insight from Bob Q and Mike Carey helped color some his old and new appearances in a more interesting/positive light.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Yeah Beau Demayo. I honestly keep forgetting the roles. He seems to have been fired from the Witcher or quit depending on who you ask. But Kevin Feige seems to have loved his work on X-men enough to have him try and rewrite Blade. I kinda wish the show wasn’t a continuation cause I just want to fall in love with characters again rather than carry over my nostalgia but we will see. It’s my most nervous but most anticipated project from Marvel live action or cartoon.
    Oh gotcha, I didn't realize he was involved in Witcher at all. Yeah, he seems to like the 90s characters a lot but seeing some of his interactions on Twitter has definitely made me a little nervous as well
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Yeah, he seems to like the 90s characters a lot but seeing some of his interactions on Twitter has definitely made me a little nervous as well
    Big same, especially with his stated character preferences matching the current push in the X-Office. Fingers crossed we see some variety in character spotlight in that show.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Nice! 100 pages! And that's not even counting the fact that he also has the Rogue and Gambit thread where a lot of discussion about him takes place.
    You’re right I didn’t even think about the Rogue and Gambit and the times he was mentioned in Rogue’s threads as well

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    With the new year almost upon us how would you rate Gambit’s year on a scale of 1 to 10? With what high points and low points?
    I’m gonna go with a 6 too. I think even with the lack of actual progression he has been a lot of different books in 2022 and it seems to be ramping him up. I think he’s been in more books than a lot of characters and that says something.

Oh gotcha, I didn't realize he was involved in Witcher at all. Yeah, he seems to like the 90s characters a lot but seeing some of his interactions on Twitter has definitely made me a little nervous as well
    He’s always posting about the old show and claiming he demanded every new writer have been a fan of the original. As long as it comes out professional and not coming out like fan fiction it should do well.

Fantastic Member

I think 6 is a fair ranking. Knights was awful imo but he at least had a solo with Claremont, which was big, and also X-treme has been decent so far. Plus, Gambitxremy's insight from Bob Q and Mike Carey helped color some his old and new appearances in a more interesting/positive light.
    Also Gambit as guest in Captain Marvel

It’s a 5 for me. Delighted Gambit got a solo, but then I have to wonder: why? Was it to give CC something to do? Was it to reintroduce readers to this character? The characterization was spot on, 10 out of 10, but the final issue was super upsetting to me. I don’t even want to talk about it.

I’m glad TH’s stint with Remy is over, and the story …it’s so far off the beaten path, everything done in Excalibur can be easily ignored as if it never happened. Fair is fair, if continuity and character development can be disregarded for the current authors’ story, then we can just as easily ignore anything TH has written for the next slate of authors. Bye KoX! :snaps fingers: like it didn’t even happen. Like an AU, It’s the St. Elsewhere of stories. What? Death Tarot? Lol, that didn’t happen!

The random appearances of Gambit in X-Men were great, he was true to form. Gambit should always be doing his own sketchy things, like having an illicit gambling ring in the basement of the Treehouse. It starts out as bad optics but ultimately having an ear to the ground in the superhuman underworld proves beneficial in decimating Gamesworld. Gambit is brilliant that way. Like Messiah Complex, he is the covert hero of every story.

For me I would give this year a 6 too(leaning closer to a 5 than a 7 because of KoX). Knights of X was just a miserable experience, but I really enjoyed the Claremont solo, and I liked his appearances in X-Men and Captain Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    The random appearances of Gambit in X-Men were great, he was true to form. Gambit should always be doing his own sketchy things, like having an illicit gambling ring in the basement of the Treehouse. It starts out as bad optics but ultimately having an ear to the ground in the superhuman underworld proves beneficial in decimating Gamesworld. Gambit is brilliant that way. Like Messiah Complex, he is the covert hero of every story.
    Love this! Especially the bolded part.

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    Love this! Especially the bolded part.
    Agreed. There's no better way for Remy to shine, than when he's doing his own thing (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    Also Gambit as guest in Captain Marvel
    Oooo good point. KT undid a fraction of Tini's damage in just a couple panels
    Make Good Art