Page 49 of 100 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Gambit charging Red Eyes ablack dragon would be cool
    To the utmost, I agree.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    To the utmost, I agree.

Such a good picture. I’d love a card series or something of X-men as yugioh card characters

I'm trying to get my GF into X-Men comics and want to try showcase Gambit. Problem is that he peaked in the 90s and those comics may be a little too old. Ideally I would start at his first appearance. But I am wondering if I should start at the Blue Team #1. Or any of his solos. It's hard for me to choose because I've never introduced someone to comics before and I want to showcase how cool Gambit is.

Mighty Member

https://twitter.com/davidnakayama/st...KhF9_lRYJ2C_tQ

The gambit Hellfire cover is gonna be available. Also it’s supposed to match up with last years Rogue cover.

Also there’s Krakoan on both covers. I don’t have time right now to translate but could be something

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I wonder what he stole and from whom?

"Oh you're mad I took your margarita machine, Scott? But ... technically there's nothing you can do about it. It's not illegal and we have no law enforcement. Alors! LOL"
    Lol, the marg machine and not the Three Stooges VHS collection?

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    It will come into play again. It was used twice in Excalibur and not using it more would earn Tini a place on those lists of adonden storyline or forgotten plots.
    She was willing to give a grieving mother a single panel to absolve Cap Brit of stealing Shogo. I’m sure she’ll give Gambit a panel or two to do and say something stupid. Then quickly get back to telling us how awesome and amazing Betsy is. I mean. Such a great leader. So compassionate. So strong. Beautiful. And like, everyone wants to get with that. Rachael, Doom, Vampires, Wisdom, and now Death. She’s just so so amazing. Gambit? Who cares!

Quote Originally Posted by Nopozyzy View Post
    I'm trying to get my GF into X-Men comics and want to try showcase Gambit. Problem is that he peaked in the 90s and those comics may be a little too old. Ideally I would start at his first appearance. But I am wondering if I should start at the Blue Team #1. Or any of his solos. It's hard for me to choose because I've never introduced someone to comics before and I want to showcase how cool Gambit is.
    The first Gambit mini? I don’t think I’d ever ask my SO to read a comic bc he likes reading manuals. He loves that I love comics, so that’s ok. But if she’s open to it, I guess maybe the romantic aspect might appeal? So Mr x Mrs X? What is she in to? I like adventures, explosions and spy stuff, so I’d say the 1st year of FabNic’s solo or Asmus’.

Amazing Member

On the cover of Gambit it says The original ragin' cajun.

I'm a sucker for his 1st solo, then I would go into Rogue 1st solo. Or I'd go with the Nicieza run then into X-Treme. I think X-Treme X-Men has aged nicely.

One big benefit with Nicieza’s run is that it show us a young gambit. So it might be a good start.

Otherwise I would go with:

First solo for great art and mysterious gambit.

Nicieza for adventure and charm. Especially the first half.

Asmus solo for sexy gambit.

X-treme for a more mature X-men.

Mr and mrs for romance and relationships.

Or X-23 if you think she might enjoy her as a character. I have the impression that Liu stealth converted many readers to Gambit fans with this run.

What types movies/books does your GF tend to like? That probably would be a good guide for where to start. Is she already a comics reader?

Although personally I love his 90s stuff, I also lived in the 90s so I'm not thrown off by perspectives of that time. A lot of that stuff isn't going to land well for a modern mindset.

I would say either Gambit 2012 or Mr. & Mrs. X are good places to start and work backwards from for a modern reader. The art is cleaner and there is lots of adventure, humor, and sexy times. If you do want to start in the 90s, Niceiza's '99 Gambit solo probably presents Remy at his best imo. But for someone not accustomed to readering older comics, Skroce might be a bit overwhelming with the level of details and action and thought bubbles.

Is it universally accepted amongst Gambit fans to totally ignore Gambit's 2004-2005 solo series? I rarely ever see anyone mention it at all. I'm not even sure I completed it. I may start it today. I really do like Bella Donna for some reason, she was great in the Fabian run. I'm going to give it a go.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    Is it universally accepted amongst Gambit fans to totally ignore Gambit's 2004-2005 solo series? I rarely ever see anyone mention it at all. I'm not even sure I completed it. I may start it today. I really do like Bella Donna for some reason, she was great in the Fabian run. I'm going to give it a go.
    I enjoyed it. I liked that it was mostly all set in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    I enjoyed it. I liked that it was mostly all set in New Orleans
    Same, it's light and enjoyable snack food. I enjoyed some of the characters that were brought in, Dan and Brother Voodoo. I'm forgetting the woman's name right now, the one who has all the monitoring equipment. The part where Gambit talks to the kids is cute. It's also funny that Gambit has Wolverine in his phone as an emergency contact.

We don't talk about the Gambit mini with the nun though, no no no.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    I found it pretty "meh" ... though definitely not as bad as the one with the nun and the angel.

I just generally don't like how most writers were treating Gambit during the early 2000s post X-Treme ... like a skeezy, incompetent jerk. This overlapped with the Austen and Milligan runs and the crappy Rogue solo. It all collectively was dissapointing and frustrating for me and I quit reading comics for about a decade as a result.

Thanks for the suggestions. It's a new relationship but I know that she likes Tom Clancy books, Archie comics, and she lightly dabbled in both DC and Marvel. She mostly knows X-Men from the movies.

I hated that Gambit cheated in his second ongoing and I didn't care for the demon storyline. I didn't care for demon/supernatural story of his second mini either.

Fantastic Member

any updates on when will Gambit series will release? Is it true that no.1-3 will release in July?