Page 8 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I more have a problem with the reaction from the X-Men to his involvement than the involvement itself. People act like he actively killed them when he really tried to stop it when it realized what was happening.
    Same. And anyway, there's not a logical way to put that idea back in the box at this point. It's too interwoven with years and years of canon.

Considering how many X-Men have done things just as bad or even much much worse, it doesn't really bother me. It makes for an interesting aspect to his character with this need for redemption. That's why he isn't a villain. He has remorse for the harm that his mistakes have caused and wants to make it right. It's a big part of why he built the connection to Laura that he did and how he relates to Sinister and Greycrow and Sabretooth. I wouldn't want to loose any of that as those have been some of his best storylines.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Same. And anyway, there's not a logical way to put that idea back in the box at this point. It's too interwoven with years and years of canon.

Considering how many X-Men have done things just as bad or even much much worse, it doesn't really bother me. It makes for an interesting aspect to his character with this need for redemption. That's why he isn't a villain. He has remorse for the harm that his mistakes have caused and wants to make it right. It's a big part of why he built the connection to Laura that he did and how he relates to Sinister and Greycrow and Sabretooth. I wouldn't want to loose any of that as those have been some of his best storylines.
    Yeah, I like how it informs his redemption arc and guilt too. I wouldn't want it removed from his history. I do agree with y'all that the X-Men were too hard on him over it, but that is nothing new. Magneto, Emma Frost, and Namor(how many times has he atttacked humanity?) received less grief from the X-Men than Gambit did over his involvement in the Massacre and his general status as a thief.

Anyway, I am not the greatest at photoshop, but I like to dabble and have fun with it every once in a while. Here is a Gambit collage I had fun making and just finished(be as harsh as you want on it, ha)-

I just wish I could have managed to fit a Lee Weeks Gambit on there.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Nice work, Thjan. It’s cool to see all of his different looks throughout the years
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    French actor Gaspard Ulliel dies at 37 after skiing accident.
    Terrible news.
    He was fancasted as Remy by most fans. Rest in peace.
    Adonis would have looked at that face and wept. French actors get done bad by Hollywood (see: Vincent Cassell, Louis Garrell, Tahar Rahim) and I was always grateful he stuck to French cinema and got to actually act in interesting roles. Such a loss to culture and cinema.
    Last edited by Foon4000; 01-20-2022 at 12:09 PM.

No Claremont`s Gambit in April 2022 solicits. No one announces books in December 2021 that will be released half a year later in May 2022 or even later.
    It seems that Marvel finally noticed that Gambit fans are not excited for KOX and won't buy relaunch of trash Excalibur with a new Logo so decided to throw a bone and announce an unready Gambit mini with rushed cover to keep Gambit fans buying books.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 01-20-2022 at 04:47 AM.

No Claremont`s Gambit in April 2022 solicits. No one announces books in December 2021 that will be released half a year later in May 2022 or even later.
    It seems that Marvel finally noticed that Gambit fans are not excited for KOX and won't buy relaunch of trash Excalibur with a new Logo so decided to throw a bone and announce an unready Gambit mini with rushed cover to keep Gambit fans buying books.
    Won’t work on me. Gambit mini is a buy. Knights if X have to change drastically for me to pick it up. The last issues didn’t even use Gambit beyond a throwaway line or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    Adonis would have looked at that face and wept. I've been following his career for years because he's the exact same age as me (take a few days). French actors get done bad by Hollywood (see: Vincent Cassell, Louis Garrell, Tahar Rahim) and I was always grateful he stuck to French cinema and got to actually act in interesting roles. Such a loss to culture and cinema.
    A tragedy. No death makes sense but to die in a random accident like this is rough. I haven’t seen him in any project that I can remember but I will watch Moon Knight when it’s released.

Maybe everything got pushed back a month due to the logistics/paper shortage/shipping issues.

But yeah, not excited about KoX solicits AT ALL. “Betsy is the ONLY ONE who can save us!” Urgh. More of the same, as predicted. If Betsy’s our only hope, they should just write Otherworld off as a bad job and call it a day. So the series will be the knights saving a bunch of mutants in Otherworld? ARE there any known mutants there, or is this a ‘rescue generic mutants’ kind of situation? “Essential piece” of Krakoa? Lols. Cover up, your desperation is showing.

David Talaski variant for X-MEN ‘92: HOUSE OF XCII #1

David Talaski variant for X-MEN ‘92: HOUSE OF XCII #1

I miss this trio

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    I miss this trio
    I would love to see a book that had these 3 in it, with Storm leading. Throw in Laura and maybe Nightcrawler and it would be really good.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    “Betsy is the ONLY ONE who can save us!”
    Yeah I read that line, and I did a face palm. Did we not get enough from the 26 issue run....

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Yeah, I like how it informs his redemption arc and guilt too. I wouldn't want it removed from his history. I do agree with y'all that the X-Men were too hard on him over it, but that is nothing new. Magneto, Emma Frost, and Namor(how many times has he atttacked humanity?) received less grief from the X-Men than Gambit did over his involvement in the Massacre and his general status as a thief.

Anyway, I am not the greatest at photoshop, but I like to dabble and have fun with it every once in a while. Here is a Gambit collage I had fun making and just finished(be as harsh as you want on it, ha)-

I just wish I could have managed to fit a Lee Weeks Gambit on there.
    Aeesome! Love it!

I would love to see a book that had these 3 in it, with Storm leading. Throw in Laura and maybe Nightcrawler and it would be really good.
    It's a great cover! And yeah, I would love a book with those three as well. I would not be against Laura and Bishop(instead of Nightcrawler) being thrown in there.

Nice work, Thjan. It’s cool to see all of his different looks throughout the years

Aeesome! Love it!
    Glad y'all liked it! And yeah, I was trying to get a lot of different looks on there. I unfortunately did not get as many on there as I initially planned. I especially wanted to include a Lee Weeks Gambit, Gambit from X-Men: The End, the Madureira Shi'ar costume, and a few more casual looks on there, but couldn't make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Glad y'all liked it! And yeah, I was trying to get a lot of different looks on there. I unfortunately did not get as many on there as I initially planned. I especially wanted to include a Lee Weeks Gambit, Gambit from X-Men: The End, the Madureira Shi'ar costume, and a few more casual looks on there, but couldn't make it work.
    Maybe try to use this grid. Itsaves me every time

More info about grids here.
    https://www.makingcomics.com/2014/05...-golden-ratio/