Page 47 of 100 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Artists love Remy and I can't blame 'em
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Artists love Remy and I can't blame 'em
    This is very true. Pepe larez, Blachelo, and a bunch of other notable artist have said in interviews they like drawing him. We just need to work on these pesky writers/editors

Looks like Remy has at least 3, maybe 4, appearances in June - his solo, '92, and KoX. Potentially the Gala if he's not perma-dead in KoX.

None of these are exactly what I want for him though. I agree, the potential and even likely crappiness of KoX has a negative impact on my interest in the other books. The solo looks fun, but unlikely to build any significant changes for him. '92 is a self contained AU unlikely to do anything major with him. KoX is as likely to tear down and undermine him as a character then kill him off, as to do anything in the way of real character development for him. And he's probably just another face at the Gala like last year provided he even makes it, amazing design or not. It could easily be a red herring to give him a design.

Big sighs, Marvel. Do better, please.
    Last edited by AppleJ; 05-19-2022 at 03:53 PM.

Marvel is releasing a new mobile card game. Marvel snap. Seems like most characters are in it. So is Gambit.

Featured-Marvel-Snap-Card-Game-Show-768x432.jpg

Hearts…diamonds…clovers and blue moons! Sinister’s lucky charms are magically malicious!

Those associated pictures got me thinkin’. You know, as much as Shaw has his shirt off, I have to wonder if he’s related to Gambit in some way. I mean, there’s the energy conversion thing too. Carter Ryking (Hazard, uncontrollable energy powers) has some connection to Black Womb as well. Where’s that guy at? Still dead? Put him in the queue, we need to talk with him.

So I was on the X-men Reddit and someone made a post about how some of the Krakoa teams don’t fit such as Gambit, Rogue, and Jubbs being in a magic book. I always thought Gambit would have fit marauders better since they originally were supposed to be smuggling people and Krakoa drugs internationally and he’s the king of thieves and should have connections globally. It it seems they just want Gambit to be a petty thief.

But more importantly they could have played up the whole Marauders title and explore how Gambit would feel being on a team with that name. We could have also seen Gambit and Calisto interact. Which is weird since I can’t remember Gambit ever interacting with a morlock outside of Marrow. I’ve always wanted to see him interact with them more.

So my question is would you guys have liked to see Gambit atone for his actions directly with the morlocks or should marvel just move past all that stuff like they seem to be doing. Or maybe you think he’s done enough?

Honestly I think marvel probably regrets the whole plot. It was so stupid.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Marvel needs to move past the massacre imo. Gambit has beat himself up over it plenty and he's not even the one who committed the worst crimes.

I do agree that it would have been nice to see him on Marauders, conceptually, but from what I've heard of it, it's been mostly a Emma/Kitty-featured book, so who knows if that would have even been a good fit for him either. I've also always wanted to see him on X-Force, but again, I'm not sure the current iteration would be a good fit for him.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    So I was on the X-men Reddit and someone made a post about how some of the Krakoa teams don’t fit such as Gambit, Rogue, and Jubbs being in a magic book. I always thought Gambit would have fit marauders better since they originally were supposed to be smuggling people and Krakoa drugs internationally and he’s the king of thieves and should have connections globally. It it seems they just want Gambit to be a petty thief.

But more importantly they could have played up the whole Marauders title and explore how Gambit would feel being on a team with that name. We could have also seen Gambit and Calisto interact. Which is weird since I can’t remember Gambit ever interacting with a morlock outside of Marrow. I’ve always wanted to see him interact with them more.

So my question is would you guys have liked to see Gambit atone for his actions directly with the morlocks or should marvel just move past all that stuff like they seem to be doing. Or maybe you think he’s done enough?

It seems most teams are made with a division already in place. Witch members do you want and as a separate category: what is the team's mission statement.

Otherwise it would have been a debate on if the smuggling team should have the king of thieves.

Unless ofc Tini actively blocks any inquires.

I think he'd be a great fit for any team. He'd be an awesome fit on Knights of X, he's from a cult of mystic thieves! We're just not given any motives or reasoning or storyline that would actually make him a member of the team. Instead he is a token 'rogue' D&D character who stands in the background. A plot device for Betsy at most. What a waste!

I'd like to see him on a pirate boat, sure. Drama between Callisto and Gambit is begging to be written. Plus, Bishop is there! All aboard!

X-Force - yeah, maybe in the capacity he served in the Black and White and Red Deadpool mini, like a secret-ops spy guy. Let's have Gambit, Forge, Domino and Sage all together for a super sexy James Bond style operation. So hot.

Or Rogue says she wants to be an X-Man another year and she's a package deal with Gambit. Two X-Men for the price of one.

He could bring some levity to X-Men Red and tell Storm not to take herself so seriously.

Literally, ANYTHING!

I mean, throw me a freakin' bone here.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post

If they did address it I would want it to be a setup for a bigger story. I’m still not a fan of the Morlock massacre being the sole thing that haunts him because I genuinely don’t find it to be something super evil on his part. And his guilt shouldn’t be tied to one event.

I’d prefer him getting a proper good origin story then focus on the morlocks more.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    I think he'd be a great fit for any team. He'd be an awesome fit on Knights of X, he's from a cult of mystic thieves! We're just not given any motives or reasoning or storyline that would actually make him a member of the team. Instead he is a token 'rogue' D&D character who stands in the background. A plot device for Betsy at most. What a waste!

I'd like to see him on a pirate boat, sure. Drama between Callisto and Gambit is begging to be written. Plus, Bishop is there! All aboard!

X-Force - yeah, maybe in the capacity he served in the Black and White and Red Deadpool mini, like a secret-ops spy guy. Let's have Gambit, Forge, Domino and Sage all together for a super sexy James Bond style operation. So hot.

Or Rogue says she wants to be an X-Man another year and she's a package deal with Gambit. Two X-Men for the price of one.

He could bring some levity to X-Men Red and tell Storm not to take herself so seriously.

Literally, ANYTHING!

I mean, throw me a freakin' bone here.
    You hit the nail on the head!

He could be great in any of these titles provided the writer took their time to know who he is as a character and provided him a meaningful motivation. Honestly X-Men under Duggan has treated him the best which I never would have expected.

I still would have loved a pirate Gambit and seeing Thieves Guild/Hellfire Club dealings and tensions. Bishop is there and Storm was for a while. And I do wish Remy had a chance to address the Morlock Massacre more directly, with say Callisto or even better with Marrow. Beyond that, he's done what he could to atone/make amends and there are far more guilty parties on Krakoa such as Sinister (who isn't sorry) and John Greycrow (who seems ready for redemptio ).

Just give him a different writer.

Fantastic Member

Screenshot_20220526-083641-011.jpg
    Gambit is mentioned by Kurt in Legion of X

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    Screenshot_20220526-083641-011.jpg
    Gambit is mentioned by Kurt in Legion of X
    Truths: Acting out to get attention does seem to be Gambit’s MO.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    Truths: Acting out to get attention does seem to be Gambit’s MO.
    I wonder what he stole and from whom?

Can't say I blame him though. He's bored to death on Excalibur and nobody remembers he has the Thieves Guild to manage. Plus it would be a fun way of pointing out the flaws in their system.

"Oh you're mad I took your margarita machine, Scott? But ... technically there's nothing you can do about it. It's not illegal and we have no law enforcement. Alors! LOL"