Page 9 of 100 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Anyway, I am not the greatest at photoshop, but I like to dabble and have fun with it every once in a while. Here is a Gambit collage I had fun making and just finished(be as harsh as you want on it, ha)-

I love it. Great work! Its definitely cool to see all those different looks from across the years and different books.

Yeah, I like how it informs his redemption arc and guilt too. I wouldn't want it removed from his history. I do agree with y'all that the X-Men were too hard on him over it, but that is nothing new. Magneto, Emma Frost, and Namor(how many times has he atttacked humanity?) received less grief from the X-Men than Gambit did over his involvement in the Massacre and his general status as a thief.

Anyway, I am not the greatest at photoshop, but I like to dabble and have fun with it every once in a while. Here is a Gambit collage I had fun making and just finished(be as harsh as you want on it, ha)-

I just wish I could have managed to fit a Lee Weeks Gambit on there.
    Very cool.
    Where's the second last pic at the bottom from? The black and white outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Maybe try to use this grid. Itsaves me every time

More info about grids here.
    https://www.makingcomics.com/2014/05...-golden-ratio/
    Very nice! Thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I love it. Great work! Its definitely cool to see all those different looks from across the years and different books.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Very cool.
    Where's the second last pic at the bottom from? The black and white outfit.
    It is from Gambit #8 from the 2012 Asmus run. The art is by Pasqual Ferry. I loved his art that issue even though he did not do the whole issue.
    Edit: You can actually see the page it is from on the preview for the issue here- https://www.comixology.com/Gambit-20...al-comic/36352
    Last edited by thjan; 01-21-2022 at 05:56 AM.

Very nice! Thanks for the link.

Thanks!

It is from Gambit #8 from the 2012 Asmus run. The art is by Pasqual Ferry. I loved his art that issue even though he did not do the whole issue.
    Edit: You can actually see the page it is from on the preview for the issue here- https://www.comixology.com/Gambit-20...al-comic/36352
    Thanks!
    I remember the issue now.

Fantastic Member

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenr...en-member/amp/ 10 Quotes that proves Gambit is the best X-man

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenr...en-member/amp/ 10 Quotes that proves Gambit is the best X-man
    I love those quotes!

One of my favorites didn't make it:
    X-Cutioner: And a two-bit thief like you would know from cops.
    Gambit: Mon ami-- I am at least a ten-bit thief!

He's so cute when he's being charmingly self deprecating.

I notice "Gambit train runs on Gambit power" didn't make it. And there's not a single mention of cats. Who'd have thought he'd have more to say?

Cool!
    Never even knew that Gambit appeared in West Coast Avengers. Surprised how someone found this quote.

It was probably during the Bloodlines crossover where Exodus took on the Avengers and X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Nopozyzy View Post
    It was probably during the Bloodlines crossover where Exodus took on the Avengers and X-Men.
    Yes. Gambit fared well in that crossover. I liked him and Sersi flirting.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    I love those quotes!

One of my favorites didn't make it:
    X-Cutioner: And a two-bit thief like you would know from cops.
    Gambit: Mon ami-- I am at least a ten-bit thief!

He's so cute when he's being charmingly self deprecating.

I notice "Gambit train runs on Gambit power" didn't make it. And there's not a single mention of cats. Who'd have thought he'd have more to say?
    How about let us do that 100 BEST QUOTES of GAMBIT ? I think Gambit will still be the wallpaper for Knights, so let us do something to talk about.
    Last edited by Mutant101; 01-23-2022 at 05:24 PM.

Astonishing Member

Potentially random thought, but I think it'd be interesting if someone brought back Jacob Gavin aka Courier....he and Remy had an interesting dynamic at times that I'd like to see explored more in the current era.

How about let us do that 100 BEST QUOTES of GAMBIT ? I think Gambit will still be the wallpaper for Knights, so let us do something to talk about.
    These quotes are great and I love that idea! Gambit seriously has some of the best lines of any X-Man. The fact almost no writers seem to remember that right now is just plain sad.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Potentially random thought, but I think it'd be interesting if someone brought back Jacob Gavin aka Courier....he and Remy had an interesting dynamic at times that I'd like to see explored more in the current era.
    I'd love to see Courier back. Did we ever figure out if he's not a mutant where he got his ability from?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    These quotes are great and I love that idea! Gambit seriously has some of the best lines of any X-Man. The fact almost no writers seem to remember that right now is just plain sad.
    do you think can we come up with 100 quotes?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I would love to see Courier brought back. Its a shame no one has used him/her since the end of Fabian Nicieza's GAMBIT run.

Speaking of which, I know we're already getting a Claremont GAMBIT series apparently showing an untold tale from the past--but after that I'd love to see a Fabian-written GAMBIT mini, picking up after the end of Fabian's original run, revisiting Courier and some of the other supporting players from that run--maybe tie up any loose ends that Fabian feels like revisiting and otherwise just having another fun caper.