Page 60 of 100 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Knowing our luck, it’s Mystique
    Make Good Art

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Knowing our luck, it’s Mystique
    or COT's Gimmick whose all time idol is Gambit.

Astonishing Member

I totally get you guys pessimism (and mostly agree with it ) but at the same time why? Why on earth would Gimmick appear as gambit, that’s just creepy/stalker-ish. And Mystique, loves to mess with rogue, but tricking her into thinking she’s gambit? Does she want her daughter playing footsies with her under the table at the fancy party, and that’s the least awkward/ horrible thing that could happen…

Astonishing Member

I think Gambit being revived as a vampire is a more likely possibility than Gimmick impersonating him as some kind of weird fangirl thing, lol.

(Yes, I'm retroactively adding that to my list of possible outcomes for his resurrection/revival. His 'death' happened in Sevalith, the kingdom of the vampires, and Gambit's naturally red eyes mean you could hide a vampire reveal in plain sight....the red vampire eyes would look the same as his natural mutant eyes in most artist depictions. And lol, this is mostly a crack theory, I don't think that's actually Vampire Remy, I'm just saying I wouldn't die of shock if it was. Stranger things have happened, and not just on Netflix).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    I totally get you guys pessimism (and mostly agree with it ) but at the same time why? Why on earth would Gimmick appear as gambit, that’s just creepy/stalker-ish. And Mystique, loves to mess with rogue, but tricking her into thinking she’s gambit? Does she want her daughter playing footsies with her under the table at the fancy party, and that’s the least awkward/ horrible thing that could happen…
    Gimmick last appearance is with Mystique, Mystique can ask Gimmick to impersonate Gambit so that Rogue would not notice.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I think Gambit being revived as a vampire is a more likely possibility than Gimmick impersonating him as some kind of weird fangirl thing, lol.

(Yes, I'm retroactively adding that to my list of possible outcomes for his resurrection/revival. His 'death' happened in Sevalith, the kingdom of the vampires, and Gambit's naturally red eyes mean you could hide a vampire reveal in plain sight....the red vampire eyes would look the same as his natural mutant eyes in most artist depictions. And lol, this is mostly a crack theory, I don't think that's actually Vampire Remy, I'm just saying I wouldn't die of shock if it was. Stranger things have happened, and not just on Netflix).
    Reminds me that I should reread Mutant X.

Think the Gala look is just a promo image for Gambit’s solo title. You can’t have a book out and not slap Gala promos on it. Wouldn’t make sense to put someone else on Gambit’s solo cover, though someone here said they wouldn’t be surprised if they put Emma on Gambit’s cover and cracked me up.

I thought Crooked Market was in Blightspoke, or affiliated somehow? Ugh, I’m so confused. This is why I don’t read high fantasy, too much walking from one weird named place to another.

Gambit has a snowball’s chance in Limbo of being at the Gala. He’d have to spontaneously respawn somewhere on the island.

Only 2 more weeks until the solo. Has it been a full year since it was announced?

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    My comment was mostly a joke, but at this point, nothing would surprise me
    Make Good Art

Spectacular Member

My left-field theory is that Gambit will make a surprise appearance at the gala, everyone will be shocked since he was supposed to be dead, and we'll find out Sinister just fired up another Gambit since (as we'll learn) the original was just something he created anyway. This will somehow be the same Gambit we've always known.
    Gambit Gazette, all the latest Gambit comic book and movie news: http://gambitgazette.tumblr.com

What happened to that Captain Britain version of Gambit? Seemed so random.

Travis fimmel as either gambit or wolverine

he would dominate as wolverine.

No Gambit in the Hellfire Gala issue. Of course. Marvel sure loves to toy with Gambit fans and to use, but not use him for promotional purposes. I think he was the only one that got a special Dauterman design that didn't show up. I sadly just expect it at this point. Sigh.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    No Gambit in the Hellfire Gala issue. Of course. Marvel sure loves to toy with Gambit fans and to use, but not use him for promotional purposes. I think he was the only one that got a special Dauterman design that didn't show up. I sadly just expect it at this point. Sigh.
    There was that throw away line where Jean told Scott that he could replace Gambit in the kitchen if he didn't get reelected. I'm guessing that is the reason he was kinda in Duggan's X-Men while never being elected. He was the team cook. It's a brilliant way to get the kind of teammate to support the team with a needed skill set who would never be actually elected to the team. Just give them a staff job. That line was also vague enough to imply Gambit was not around due to Knights of X.

Surprises: zero.

What would surprise me is Gambit getting mentioned in an X-book until December. No one involved in the upcoming event knows he’s dead, so even this devastating character change has no impact on the ongoing storyline.

The solo adventure will have to fill the gaping chasm where my heart used to be.