Page 10 of 100 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Potentially random thought, but I think it'd be interesting if someone brought back Jacob Gavin aka Courier....he and Remy had an interesting dynamic at times that I'd like to see explored more in the current era.
    I think about him a lot. He was a great foil for Gambit. Looking back at the story, there were definitely some questionable/insensitive moments in light of today's society when it comes to gender/sex. But also in re-reading it, I kind of feel like Jake was the "Damsel in Distress" Gambit was intended to rescue all along. Sek was a red herring, and Gambit was meant to be with Jake the whole time. XD

Already well on our way:
    100 Quotes:
    1) Uncanny X-Men #350
    "Every Man Has A Price To Charge And A Price To Pay."

2) The Uncanny X-Men #361
    "I'm A Thief When All Else Fails...And All Else Failed."

3) Uncanny X-Men #312
    "After All This Time--And I Still Manage To Impress Myself."

4) Uncanny X-Men #350
    "Forget It... As Of Today, You Can't Afford Me No More."

5) Avengers West Coast #101
    "Playing For Keeps Is Still Playing, Mon Ami, So Take A Card...Any Card!"

6) Uncanny X-Men #361
    "To My Friends, The Name's Remy LeBeau. To My Enemies, It's Gambit! You Can Go Ahead And Forget That First Name Right About Now."

7) Gambit #16
    "Our First Order Of Business Is...Finding Out Who--Other Than Most Of You In This Room, That Is--Wants Me Dead!"

8) Rogue
    "Look At This Here. I Be The Thief...There You Go Off Stealing My Heart."

9) X-Men #92
    "If I've Learned Anything About Life With The X-Men...It's That Anything Is Possible."

10) Gambit #1
    "Mon ami-- I am at least a ten-bit thief!"

I dunno, I didn't include the XTAS quote...we can add it back if anyone feels strongly about it. #2 from the article is the one I think of most often.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I would love to see Courier brought back. Its a shame no one has used him/her since the end of Fabian Nicieza's GAMBIT run.

Speaking of which, I know we're already getting a Claremont GAMBIT series apparently showing an untold tale from the past--but after that I'd love to see a Fabian-written GAMBIT mini, picking up after the end of Fabian's original run, revisiting Courier and some of the other supporting players from that run--maybe tie up any loose ends that Fabian feels like revisiting and otherwise just having another fun caper.
    It's been a couple years, but I talked to him at a con and he mentioned that he would love to be able to write the character again and even has an idea of a storyline for it. I think Marvel just doesn't want to let him write it for whatever reason and I think he was hesitant to come back after all these years. Maybe things have changed, though, since he's been writing Legends
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    I think about him a lot. He was a great foil for Gambit. Looking back at the story, there were definitely some questionable/insensitive moments in light of today's society when it comes to gender/sex. But also in re-reading it, I kind of feel like Jake was the "Damsel in Distress" Gambit was intended to rescue all along. Sek was a red herring, and Gambit was meant to be with Jake the whole time. XD

Already well on our way:
    100 Quotes:
    1) Uncanny X-Men #350
    "Every Man Has A Price To Charge And A Price To Pay."

2) The Uncanny X-Men #361
    "I'm A Thief When All Else Fails...And All Else Failed."

3) Uncanny X-Men #312
    "After All This Time--And I Still Manage To Impress Myself."

4) Uncanny X-Men #350
    "Forget It... As Of Today, You Can't Afford Me No More."

5) Avengers West Coast #101
    "Playing For Keeps Is Still Playing, Mon Ami, So Take A Card...Any Card!"

6) Uncanny X-Men #361
    "To My Friends, The Name's Remy LeBeau. To My Enemies, It's Gambit! You Can Go Ahead And Forget That First Name Right About Now."

7) Gambit #16
    "Our First Order Of Business Is...Finding Out Who--Other Than Most Of You In This Room, That Is--Wants Me Dead!"

8) Rogue
    "Look At This Here. I Be The Thief...There You Go Off Stealing My Heart."

9) X-Men #92
    "If I've Learned Anything About Life With The X-Men...It's That Anything Is Possible."

10) Gambit #1
    "Mon ami-- I am at least a ten-bit thief!"

I dunno, I didn't include the XTAS quote...we can add it back if anyone feels strongly about it. #2 from the article is the one I think of most often.
    Yeah, the XTAS wasn't one of my favorites, by any means lol the syntax he speaks in that show is really jarring when written down anyways
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I don't want Gambit to be just a one more Summers.
    Would be fine if Sinister used Summers energy to create machine that helped to bring back Adam Essex back to life. I want Gambit to be a real Sinister son. Not a clone.
    Given the Witness is a temporal anomaly and Apocalypse's reference to how Gambit should be a leader of the X-men due to his unique heritage, I always thought his origins should be more meanginful.

It would make more sense to me that the present version of Gambit is an unawakened External hence why Candra and Apocalypse appear drawn to him.

Gambit inadvertently delayed his awakening when he had Sinister remove a portion of his brain as his powers were flaring up. He will awaken in the future once he regains his New Sun/Witness powers.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Fantastic Member

11.Uncanny X-Men #273
    Gambit to Wolverine.

"For the record though, just to make this official!
    ..Bang...
    you dead..."

bangyoudead1c.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    11.Uncanny X-Men #273
    Gambit to Wolverine.

"For the record though, just to make this official!
    ..Bang...
    you dead..."

bangyoudead1c.jpg
    Ah yes, a classic. That might really be Gambit's best and most defining line. Like his absolute catch phrase.

So I'm also rather partial to this one:

12. "... so den I said to my man Thibedeaux --" "--you gettin' all dis, hommes? I get the impression, you got other t'ings on your mind."

82901f3496b2c59d1c3af0a6d9e3c399.jpg

I have a fascination with who exactly is this Thibedeaux! But this scene cracks me up because he banters on telling this rando story while kicking the crap out of these guys like it's the best time he's ever had. Just so fun.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Given the Witness is a temporal anomaly and Apocalypse's reference to how Gambit should be a leader of the X-men due to his unique heritage, I always thought his origins should be more meanginful.

It would make more sense to me that the present version of Gambit is an unawakened External hence why Candra and Apocalypse appear drawn to him.

Gambit inadvertently delayed his awakening when he had Sinister remove a portion of his brain as his powers were flaring up. He will awaken in the future once he regains his New Sun/Witness powers.
    I would love that. Impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post

That makes sense and it doesn't limit or shoehorn Gambit. If they just could decide how they want to portray the Externals. They are due for a revamp otherwise and Gambit could be a part of that.

Overall I like that idea. A good middleground where he is important but not saddled with messes like Omega has become.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Ah yes, a classic. That might really be Gambit's best and most defining line. Like his absolute catch phrase.

So I'm also rather partial to this one:

12. "... so den I said to my man Thibedeaux --" "--you gettin' all dis, hommes? I get the impression, you got other t'ings on your mind."

82901f3496b2c59d1c3af0a6d9e3c399.jpg

I have a fascination with who exactly is this Thibedeaux! But this scene cracks me up because he banters on telling this rando story while kicking the crap out of these guys like it's the best time he's ever had. Just so fun.
    Ooh! You beat me to it. I love it because Remy is always saying something completely inappropriate to what the situation would warrant. He’s either snarky or irreverent in the face of adversity or doom.

Gambit has a cameo in Black Panther #3

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Gambit has a cameo in Black Panther #3
    Interesting. I saw a couple panels of Storm's involvement in the issue. I'm assuming it has to do with that?
    Make Good Art

Remy had 1 line and looked kinda short.
    Nothing to check it for. Probably the only time we will see Gambit on Arrako.

Gambit: Stormy said her ex-husband was coming by.
    Gambit wanted to make sure you ain't here to break her heart. Again.

He did nothing in it. I just glad that he wasn't used as punching bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Remy had 1 line and looked kinda short.
    Nothing to check it for. Probably the only time we will see Gambit on Arrako.

Gambit: Stormy said her ex-husband was coming by.
    Gambit wanted to make sure you ain't here to break her heart. Again.
    Ah ok. Well, it's cool that he's there to watch out for Storm at least. They haven't had near enough interactions
    Make Good Art