Page 72 of 100 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1498
    Mighty Member

I went back and looked at the thread that got so much traction. I’m surprised because there’s like almost no interaction on the tweets. That’s so weird. This is supposedly a big controversy and the original thread has no engagements. Even the Kitty tweet only has like 20 comments. Weird

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Yeah I'm not sure what to make of their reporting. I certainly wouldn't claim it's objective or unbiased, especially where CC is concerned. I've pretty much given up on that podcast.

Though the article from popverse feels like it also could also be smoothing things over significantly to come off more positive and agreeable too. That's journalism for you, though.

Basically Claremont's going to Claremont. I just think it's weird for him to keep bringing up the evil Gambit that seduces Kitty idea when he failed to carry through with that plan on X-Men: Forever when he had ample opportunity to do so. Maybe deep down he knows it was a bad idea? And the idea for race swapping Kitty ... knowing just how bad that sounds now and remembering what a mess it was for Betsy ... why would you even voice that idea OUT LOUD? Oh buddy ...

But hey, the Gambit solo has legit been great so far and I'm hopeful for X-Treme too. So when he's on, he's on. And he claimed to be having a good time writing it.

I still hate that Claremont can't acknowledge that other writers did some pretty great things with his characters, some that probably made them wildly more popular than they would have been had he had his way and followed his plans. I'm thinking of all the charm and lore that Nicieza and Asmus added to Remy and the character depth from Liu just to name a few. Claremont's Remy is still great and one of my favorites for certain, but had he been a Sinister clone or true villain as Claremont seems to have originally intended and not had all these great stories from other writers I likely would never have stayed with the character.

I just find it sad that he can't acknowledge that, at least not publicly, that other writers had some good ideas too. He's going to be mad for the rest of his life that someone else was given his toys to play with and they didn't use them specifically the way he wanted, except if they did then he'd likely be unimpressed with them for copying him. LOL

It is what it is. Sadly though, he still gives us a far more enjoyable Gambit than what TH has imo.
    For sure. It's like eating a delicious dinner and then the chef calls you up a week later and explains in excruciating detail what he wanted to do with the meal if he'd had the ingredients or more time and then complains about the meals that the other chefs are currently cooking up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    I went back and looked at the thread that got so much traction. I’m surprised because there’s like almost no interaction on the tweets. That’s so weird. This is supposedly a big controversy and the original thread has no engagements. Even the Kitty tweet only has like 20 comments. Weird
    Exactly. It really just feels like a non-story (for the most part). Like AppleJ said, "Claremont's going to Claremont"
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    For sure. It's like eating a delicious dinner and then the chef calls you up a week later and explains in excruciating detail what he wanted to do with the meal if he'd had the ingredients or more time and then complains about the meals that the other chefs are currently cooking up.
    LOL YES! This analogy is so on point.

So here's a tough question ... if you could pick anyone CURRENTLY on staff for Marvel or easily within reach of Marvel to write Gambit in the Krakoa era besides Claremont or Tini, who would you pick? Who do you think would give him the best treatment out of the present stable of writers?

My immediate thoughts go to RamV, Vita, Kelly Thompson, and Tom Taylor. Karla Pacheco could also be interesting, as could Leah. Ewing I think could treat him well, but I'm not sure he's interested. Not sure if Gillen or Alyssa Wong like him as a character.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

So here's a tough question ... if you could pick anyone CURRENTLY on staff for Marvel or easily within reach of Marvel to write Gambit in the Krakoa era besides Claremont or Tini, who would you pick? Who do you think would give him the best treatment out of the present stable of writers?

My immediate thoughts go to RamV, Vita, Kelly Thompson, and Tom Taylor. Karla Pacheco could also be interesting, as could Leah. Ewing I think could treat him well, but I'm not sure he's interested. Not sure if Gillen or Alyssa Wong like him as a character.
    Yes to who you said. I would also throw Cates in there even though I've heard some of his latest stuff has been met with some criticism.

And honestly, I would give Duggan a shot but I would want him on a tight leash. The few bits he wrote Gambit was the best stuff we've gotten in the last couple years
    Make Good Art

Mighty Member

Talking about Claremont I was rereading 266 and I had a mini epiphany. Gambit’s ability to “charm” people by talking to them is Chris Claremont’s kind of wish fulfillment that when he’s talking he is enrapturing people. That people are in awe of his thicc diction. When I heard how he had Storm describe Gambit it’s clearly Chris. Gotta respect it lol

The majority might not agree, but I'd give PAD another chance...

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Yes to who you said. I would also throw Cates in there even though I've heard some of his latest stuff has been met with some criticism.

And honestly, I would give Duggan a shot but I would want him on a tight leash. The few bits he wrote Gambit was the best stuff we've gotten in the last couple years
    Yeah! Duggan. Worth a shot, I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    The majority might not agree, but I'd give PAD another chance...

Yeah! Duggan. Worth a shot, I guess...

I LOVED Gambit in All-New X-Factor. I think PAD had Remy just how I like him. Even made me a bigger Polaris fan. Duggan is good as well he kept/used the whole poker plot multiple times in different books which I enjoyed. But as Gripstir suggested, I would really like to see Cates write him. Even though I haven't read anything by Cates (maybe I'll check him out on MU) I am always looking forward to the possibility of people who have stated they WANT to write him.

Fantastic Member

Cates is a fan of Gambit, let us see for a change what could he bring

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    I LOVED Gambit in All-New X-Factor. I think PAD had Remy just how I like him. Even made me a bigger Polaris fan.
    OMG! Glad to hear it!

If given another chance, I'd be interested in seeing PAD continue developing the rivalry/bromance which seemed to be brewing between Pietro & Remy (LOL):

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    Duggan is good as well he kept/used the whole poker plot multiple times in different books which I enjoyed. But as Gripstir suggested, I would really like to see Cates write him. Even though I haven't read anything by Cates (maybe I'll check him out on MU) I am always looking forward to the possibility of people who have stated they WANT to write him.
    Didn't realize the love Cates has for Remy. If he's still interested, then it's definitely worth a shot...

[center]The majority might not agree, but I'd give PAD another chance...
    I doubt PAD would want to write Remy again after he blamed the cancelation of All-new factor on Gambit and his fans.

Early run all-new was fun but the longer the run went on the less interested PAD seemed to be of using Remy.

Fantastic Member

Didn't realize the love Cates has for Remy. If he's still interested, then it's definitely worth a shot...
    https://mobile.twitter.com/doncates/...78786751090688
    He is the one who suggest for the wedding twist (Kitty/Peter) to (Rogue/Gambit).

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I doubt PAD would want to write Remy again after he blamed the cancelation of All-new factor on Gambit and his fans.

Early run all-new was fun but the longer the run went on the less interested PAD seemed to be of using Remy.
    Bummer. And I had such high hopes, too. Guess the dream ends here, then (T^T)

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/doncates/...78786751090688
    He is the one who suggest for the wedding twist (Kitty/Peter) to (Rogue/Gambit).
    Thanks! First time hearing about this.

Wow! Truly Romantic. He's definitely deserving of a chance, then...

Last edited by K7P5V; 08-10-2022 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Talking about Claremont I was rereading 266 and I had a mini epiphany. Gambit’s ability to “charm” people by talking to them is Chris Claremont’s kind of wish fulfillment that when he’s talking he is enrapturing people. That people are in awe of his thicc diction. When I heard how he had Storm describe Gambit it’s clearly Chris. Gotta respect it lol
    XD XD lol

See, as someone who is socially inept, I totally feel that being able to talk to other people is definitely a superpower!

On re-read I enjoyed ANXF and was trying to remember why it had left a bad taste in my mouth - now it’s all coming back to me!

Poor victimized writers, so abused by comic fans. I mean, writers only control the direction of the storyline and choose how to portray their characters. Really, no power at all. Those mean fans voicing their dumb opinions on the internets. The nerve of them choosing NOT to buy things when they don’t like how the story is going or the characterization. Boo on them! Terrible people!

I did like the ANXF team though. And the artist.

I had a dream Fabian was writing x-stories and I was soooo happy. This probably is a sign

…that I need to stop looking at the internet before bed.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    XD XD lol

See, as someone who is socially inept, I totally feel that being able to talk to other people is definitely a superpower!

lol I can be a bit of a social butterfly but I more just prefer to chill than have to talk to people lol. If I had a social power it would be the power to get other people to end the convo when I want so I can hit the food table lol

What did gambit fans do exactly?

JULY 2022 SINGLE ISSUE COMIC BOOK SALES RANKINGS
    X-Men Franchise
    9 X-Men Hellfire Gala #1

11 Immortal X-Men #4

18 Wolverine #23

20 Gambit #1 (Of 5)

37 Sabretooth #5 (Of 5)

39 New Mutants #27

51 Marauders #4

56 Legion of X #3

79 Knights Of X #4

101 X-Men Red #4 (Resolicitation)

108 X-Men #12 (Resolicitation)

115 Wolverine Patch #4 (Of 5) (Resolicitation)

129 X-Cellent #5

131 X-Force #29 (Resolicitation)

134 Deadpool Bad Blood #3

141 Immortal X-Men #3(Resolicitation)

167 Sabretooth #4 (Of 5)(Resolicitation)

195 Wolverine Patch #3 (Of 5) (Resolicitation)

"The X-Men had a nice rebound in July 2022. The X-Men franchise placed one title in the Top 10, four titles in the Top 25, and six titles in the Top 50. This is much better than in June 2022 when the X-Men franchise had zero titles in the Top 10, only one title in the Top 25, and four titles in the Top 50.

X-Men Hellfire Gala #1 managed to squeak into the Top 10. Fan interest seems to remain strong for the Hellfire Gala gimmick. The highest selling monthly title from the X-Men franchise was Immortal X-Men #4 taking the number 11 spot. This is a nice sales bump from the number 28 rank that Immortal X-Men #3 had in June 2022.

Wolverine also got a small sales bump, too. In June 2022, Wolverine #22 was at the number 26 spot. Logan’s old nemesis ended on a high note by taking the number 37 spot. This is much higher than the previous two issues which had been at the number 81 spot and number 108 spot.

New Mutants really stunned me as issue #27 took the number 39 spot. This was much higher than the number 76 spot in June 2022, and almost the same as the number 40 spot in May 2022. I do not get the appeal of this title at all. I am amazed it is even in the Top 50! I am keeping my eye on you guys. There are some shenanigans going on here!

Even Legion of X enjoyed a small sales bump as issue #3 took the number 56 spot which was better than the number 68 spot in June 2022.

However, do you know who did not enjoy a sales bump? Tini Howard’s Knights of X. Issue #4 dropped down to the number 79 spot. No surprise. This title already failed as Excalibur. I have no idea why Marvel Comics thought rolling out the exact same title with the same writer but under a new name would actually trick readers into thinking this was worth reading.

X-Cellent #5 continues to be a sales dud. But, this cannot be a surprise to anyone at all. This title is incredibly niche."