Page 25 of 100 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast

The cover for Knights of X in June. Maybe Remy will do something. I don’t remember him getting a solo cover at all in the Excalibur run of 2019. Dare we dream?
    F586727B-FF12-4F47-9392-34007C433755.jpg

hey cool!

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/03/11/ma...ny-of-x-x-men/

"KNIGHTS OF X #3. Gambit and his team gain a momentary victory over the Furies in Crooked Market, but as the group is hit by another wave of attacks by Merlyn’s army, Rachel Summers’ connection with Captain Britain is severed before she can call in reinforcements. In Sevalith, the Captain and her team face off against blood thirsty vampires as they seek out a lethal potential ally. Their quest required ten knights to begin, but no one said anything about the end. A knight dies here – and the hateful quest goes on"

Hateful indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    The cover for Knights of X in June. Maybe Remy will do something. I don’t remember him getting a solo cover at all in the Excalibur run of 2019. Dare we dream?
    Absolutely gorgeous cover! Now if only it was an indication of good things on the inside. Hope is eternal I guess. What am expecting though is Gambit as the most incompetent team leader ever. Howard already made Betsy a terrible leader and she was the focus character of the last run and the character she actually wanted to build up.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post

Hateful indeed.
    Ha! I caught that too. I am sure it was supposed to be "fateful", but I am sure this will be a far more appropriate description.
    Last edited by thjan; 03-11-2022 at 03:15 PM.

Mighty Member

Interesting artwork they are using for these upcoming Gambit comics. Very, cheerful looking art I will say. I’m curious what the inside art will look like.

I think if Gambit can be like a leader “holding down the fort” they hard to be able to get some good moments out of that. I imagine if connection is severed then Gambit will be able to step up. Maybe a setup that he has sort of been coasting since on Krakoa and lost his edge. Maybe this could be the thing that brings Gambits street cunning back.

Mighty Member

@EyeofUatu on Twitter. Takes photos of action figures. These are really great.

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Absolutely gorgeous cover! Now if only it was an indication of good things on the inside. Hope is eternal I guess. What am expecting though is Gambit as the most incompetent team leader ever. Howard already made Betsy a terrible leader and she was the focus character of the last run and the character she actually wanted to build up.
    Arrghhh ... here we go again with art that tempts me so strongly, but I've been dissapointed and burned on Tini's writing too many times now to trust her as a writer.

I DO hope it's better this time. I really do. Maybe even tolerable or good. But I'm not sinking a dime into this title until I hear positive reviews.

The notion of making Gambit a team leader appeals to me immensely, but yeah ... like you said, that didn't exactly pan out so great with Betsy in the last 26 issue. I can easily see Tini making Remy the Knight ahe kills off.

I still hope this ends up a miniseries and Gambit can finally be moves to a new team. I'm still annoyed that they relaunched this under a new name and number when it's seriously the same team and same story.

Astonishing Member

You know what would be interesting? Gambit used the deck of cards he stole from Saturnyne to unlock somewhere in the Citadel, by like, using the fortune Tarot card's innate magic to do it....I forget how exactly they described what he did there but it was something like that.

What I'm thinking is.....what if in finally delving into what mutant magic is, they play it like, its another way for mutant powers to manifest via a manipulation of magical energies that PARALLELS the way they manipulate physical/non-magical energies. Or like a sympathetic magic manifestation of their mutant powers, when in environments steeped in magical energies or forces like Otherworld.

Basically....what if the magic Gambit used there didn't come from Saturnyne's deck being inherently magical....but rather was a magical manifestation of Gambit's own mutant power? His power is he charges objects with kinetic energy so they explode on impact, but what he's actually doing there has also been described as taking the potential energy inherent in any object's molecules and like......activating it, turning the object into the equivalent of a bomb so charged with energy that any interaction with it - even just physical impact - results in an explosion.

One could argue that a sympathetic magic version of that same power, a magical manifestation of that mutation, would be the ability to charge or activate the potential magic inherent in any object or symbol and turning it into a kind of talisman, like a magical bomb so primed with occult energy that any interaction with it unleashes that innate magic.

And thus a Tarot representation of fortune, once charged in Otherworld by Gambit's mutant power, just switched over to its 'use magical energies instead of physical ones' setting....would become a kind of one-usage 'luck bomb' that results in a supernatural explosion of lucky fortune upon impact.

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    I am sure it was supposed to be "fateful", but I am sure this will be a far more appropriate description.
    hehehe....Typo, or Freudian Slip?

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    The notion of making Gambit a team leader appeals to me immensely, but yeah ... like you said, that didn't exactly pan out so great with Betsy in the last 26 issue. I can easily see Tini making Remy the Knight ahe kills off.

I still hope this ends up a miniseries and Gambit can finally be moves to a new team. I'm still annoyed that they relaunched this under a new name and number when it's seriously the same team and same story.
    Egg him, and he can wake up in the Hatchery not remembering the last two years. Something I'm sure a lot of us would probably say, "yeah, that actually don't sound too bad!"

I doubt he escapes that easy. Not looking forward to him as bumbling leader.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    You know what would be interesting? Gambit used the deck of cards he stole from Saturnyne to unlock somewhere in the Citadel, by like, using the fortune Tarot card's innate magic to do it....I forget how exactly they described what he did there but it was something like that.

What I'm thinking is.....what if in finally delving into what mutant magic is, they play it like, its another way for mutant powers to manifest via a manipulation of magical energies that PARALLELS the way they manipulate physical/non-magical energies. Or like a sympathetic magic manifestation of their mutant powers, when in environments steeped in magical energies or forces like Otherworld.

Basically....what if the magic Gambit used there didn't come from Saturnyne's deck being inherently magical....but rather was a magical manifestation of Gambit's own mutant power? His power is he charges objects with kinetic energy so they explode on impact, but what he's actually doing there has also been described as taking the potential energy inherent in any object's molecules and like......activating it, turning the object into the equivalent of a bomb so charged with energy that any interaction with it - even just physical impact - results in an explosion.

One could argue that a sympathetic magic version of that same power, a magical manifestation of that mutation, would be the ability to charge or activate the potential magic inherent in any object or symbol and turning it into a kind of talisman, like a magical bomb so primed with occult energy that any interaction with it unleashes that innate magic.

And thus a Tarot representation of fortune, once charged in Otherworld by Gambit's mutant power, just switched over to its 'use magical energies instead of physical ones' setting....would become a kind of one-usage 'luck bomb' that results in a supernatural explosion of lucky fortune upon impact.
    Cool. I would dig Gambit tapping into the potential energy of anything, including magical mojo. Powering portals. Tapping into those crystal power storage thingies. It could be super interesting and play with Gambit's existing power-set in a new way. Love it.

Or maybe some random fairy people will show up, paint his face and say: you're a druid now! like what happened with Ric.

Astonishing Member

Okay the more I think about this, the more I love it. In the normal world, Gambit's a charmer. In Otherworld, his archetype is enchanter. His mutant power lets him tap into symbolism, iconography, and turn the potential power there into actualized power. Thus he can make cards actual luck talismans, enchant water from pure, clean Otherworld streams to act as healing potions, charge or enchant a cloak that's meant to act as a disguise or enable one to hide in the shadows with enough energized magic that it acts as a cloak of invisibility. Maybe his enchantments aren't super long-lasting but they don't need to be. He's not suddenly a spellcaster or a wizard, he's just a mutant whose power has additional or divergent properties in Otherworld. The weirdness that results in mutant resurrection being dangerous in Otherworld has its flip side and can be harnessed to make Otherworld's altering and otherworldly effects on mutants an advantage that makes them more dangerous or capable of things they wouldn't be capable of elsewhere.

Remy's enchantments are flareups of magical energy that supercharge ordinary objects and turn even the most basic of items into a dangerous weapon or useful tool in his hands just as happens elsewhere.....its just here in Otherworld it happens a little differently is all. And opens up a whole new array of possibilities for him.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    Egg him, and he can wake up in the Hatchery
    Lowkey, this has been a secret wish of mine. Maybe just MAYBE if Remy dies his powers would return to his omega levels from his solo series. TBH I doubt Tini even knows about that so it won't likely be address. But on the other hand, isn't Otherworld the most dangerous place in the universe for mutants? Wont Gambit be lost due to the weird things that happen there if you die in relations to backups for resurrections a la Rockslide? Or did Scarlett Witch change all that? I think if you die in Otherworld you are dead for good.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post

OMG I need to PM you. There's something you've said here that parallel's the idea of a hobbyist animator part of a fanime project. I'll even link you to its trailer in the PM.

Lowkey, this has been a secret wish of mine. Maybe just MAYBE if Remy dies his powers would return to his omega levels from his solo series. TBH I doubt Tini even knows about that so it won't likely be address. But on the other hand, isn't Otherworld the most dangerous place in the universe for mutants? Wont Gambit be lost due to the weird things that happen there if you die in relations to backups for resurrections a la Rockslide? Or did Scarlett Witch change all that? I think if you die in Otherworld you are dead for good.
    Probably, but they’ve brought back people from Otherworld before. Resurrection is inconsistent, unexplained, and whatever is convenient to the plot is what happens. Rockslide - is a vegetable. Wild Child - got super strong, then was stripped of his powers by Tarn. Nanny - super powered for a minute, died, came back normal. Or as normal as she gets.

But any mutant has the potential for power boost from Resurrection, regardless of Howard’s awareness of Gambit history. Synch came back more powerful.

I don’t really want Gambit to be killed in any case. I was really upset Polaris got killed so callously and Resurrected. I am glad I’m not a diehard Cyclops or Wolverine fan, to watch your fave be murdered in grosser and more disturbing ways. Hate it. Didn’t start reading X-Men to watch characters get brutally murdered and their skin worn as a suit. Friggin sick. I want to participate in x-fandom again but they are making a case for me to stop trying. I want to enjoy Krakoa. I hope the Resurrection protocols get cancelled. They could’ve been used for emotional returns of dead characters. Instead it’s an endless machine to satisfy a writers desire for fake shock value.

I honestly want to muster a reaction to KoX. Any reaction would do, but I got so burnt by Tini in Excalibur. I think that even if she chooses to focus on Remy and make him seem more competent(damn that bar is low) it won’t matter much. Before I would have jumped on that but I sincerely doubt she can write a good Gambit. How he does is just superfluous in that respect. I want him charming with a bit of an edge.

Quinn or To. That stuff doesn’t matter much for me. They are roughly equall in that the art can only do so much.

Fantastic Member

Yes I also does not want Gambit to died and ressurect.
    I feel all those resurrected are now clones or variant of the original characters
    Gambit would be one of the characters that never touch by the krakoan's resurrection .

Mighty Member

The only way I would want Gambit to go Omega full power is if it is integral to the story. Like if they just revert him back as a clone and have him be omega all the time that would be kinda lame especially if he’s stuck on Knights of X the whole time.

I much prefer his powers evolve like when he went blind and became precog for a quick minute