Page 35 of 100 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast

This year sucks enough without the return of angsty 90s Gambit and Rogue. I didn't like reading it 25 years ago and I don't want to read it now.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Yeah, it is a reoccurring problem. If they did kill off gambit (sigh) Betsy would be sad briefly, but use it as motivation to become more super awesome (roll eyes) Dugan probably would have rogue being upset, but probably have Deadpool show up conveniently to comfort her. Roll eyes some more ) I’m not sure about some of the other current writers, most probably won’t care.
    All of this. No one really seemed to care about Rogue when she was in a coma and when Gambit did show that he cared, he was ridiculed for it. I can't imagine Tini's version of these characters would care for very long if Gambit would die. We're not going to have Rictor-levels of angst anywhere like when Apocalypse left the team
    Make Good Art

Tini Howard did an interview on the Battle of the Atom podcast. Going to give it a listen crossing my fingers for some tidbits.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Oh boy. Thanks for taking that bullet for us
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    This is sad as most of X-men even his current team would never care if Gambit died.
    The only established friendship Gambit had in X-book are with Storm and X23.
    I think Jean would care.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think Jean would care.
    Yes but Jean cares about pretty much everyone :-p

She and Gambit usually are fun to read but there isn’t many times they have interacted. I liked them in Red witch is the most recent I believe.

Aww another false alarm. The Battle of the Atoms pod was just a review of Excalibur. Muh bad.

If they kill off Gambit I am probably done with Marvel comics. It was a fun 30 years or so of reading monthly �� Anyone know if he shows up in comics this week? Possibly X-Men or X-Men '92.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Yes but Jean cares about pretty much everyone :-p

She and Gambit usually are fun to read but there isn’t many times they have interacted. I liked them in Red witch is the most recent I believe.
    I know, right?! I remember there were rumors during "Revolution", that Claremont had ideas of pairing Remy with Jean

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-11-2022 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    Aww another false alarm. The Battle of the Atoms pod was just a review of Excalibur. Muh bad.
    Like for a book coming out they really aren’t doing a lot to promote it

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think Jean would care.
    I mean why would she? They have never been particularly close. I think Jean is an empathetic character but I doubt the writers will use up valuable Jean panels to mourn Gambit

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! I remember there were rumors during "Revolution", that Claremont had ideas of pairing Remy with Jean

Is that true? Jean was the one I shipped with Gambit but I didn’t know Chris had those ideas. I mean this panel definitely seems to hint at that, though I’m pretty sure gambit had at least one romantic panel or line about every female character

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    I mean why would she? They have never been particularly close. I think Jean is an empathetic character but I doubt the writers will use up valuable Jean panels to mourn Gambit
    She's always been fond of Gambit. They're not best friends or anything but she'd care if he died.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Yes that's an excellent point. Regardless of how we'd view various characters, the problem boils down to the writers themselves. And with Jean being writers' A-Lister, the fact of the matter is, if Gambit were to get killed off, its highly unlikely they would use any of Jean's "valued panels" to mourn Gambit's death. If Jean were to die, you can bet your ass the whole story will halt for everyone, Gambit included to be sad and mourn her, even go as far as reverencing her in other stories in someway shape or form (like naming a school after her. I don't recall anything reverence like that given to other X-Men members like that). But the truth cannot be said if its Gambit to die. Writers care about Jean, not Gambit.
    Last edited by GMikey; 04-11-2022 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nopozyzy View Post
    If they kill off Gambit I am probably done with Marvel comics. It was a fun 30 years or so of reading monthly �� Anyone know if he shows up in comics this week? Possibly X-Men or X-Men '92.
    Well don't "quit" so soon. Even if they do "kill him off", don't quit the fandom itself around his character. On FB, there is a fandom-based project where fans take control of the narrative, and its within Marvel Studios' official fan group. Despite them creating a trailer, I haven't been allowed to share it (yet) outside the group, but once its fully kicked off, a huge part of creating this IS to pool renewed interest in fan faves, FOR Marvel to see. A number of Gambit fans are involved and what is planned for his character development is incredible, especially diving into character mythos and exploring his powers more. He's not the only one, but there's a great attention brought to other underdogs and lesser known heroes as well.

I know I've brought it up before and, unfortunately I haven't really been given much to share. But this is will soon be a platform for fans to voice their opinions, see those opinions manifest, be showcased to be further popularized within Marvel's own pool of up close fans, and for Marvel themselves to see new value in such characters. An aim for this IS change in better equality and care for various fan favorites