Page 75 of 100 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1498
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    I’ve only read from the 90’s so my first real exposure to Lila was in Gambit and the X-ternals. I also remember her showing up in X-treme X-men towards the last arc. She showed up in x-force/x-factor a few times. I definitely took a liking to her after the AoA crossover. Heck I may go pull it up on MU. But overall Lila doesn’t have to many appearances.

I also noticed CC really doesn’t use characters he has not created. He seemed to like Bishop. But I can’t think of many mutants he’s prominently used that he didn’t create. But I suppose that may be normal.
    Everything I seen Chris absolutely wants to use his own creations. Idk how comic pay structure works but maybe he gets money for his own creations work. Or maybe he simply wants to keep his ideas alive

I want to see some 616 appearances. I think I read the AoA storyline awhile ago when I was reading up on a bunch of Gambit stuff.

Her early appearances in New Mutants are good. First one being the first New Mutants annual(I remember enjoying it). She dated Cannonball for a while too. The looks he adopted for her were hilarious. Like was said, there are not a whole ton of appearances so just find a reading order for Lila Cheney and have at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Anyone know any Lila Cheney comics to check out?
    I’ve only read from the 90’s so my first real exposure to Lila was in Gambit and the X-ternals. I also remember her showing up in X-treme X-men towards the last arc. She showed up in x-force/x-factor a few times. I definitely took a liking to her after the AoA crossover. Heck I may go pull it up on MU. But overall Lila doesn’t have to many appearances.

I also noticed CC really doesn’t use characters he has not created. He seemed to like Bishop. But I can’t think of many mutants he’s prominently used that he didn’t create. But I suppose that may be normal.
    Similar situation for me, as well. Only know her from supporting roles & some speculation she might be related to another character from X-lore.
    Other than that, my best recommendation would be the saga from the Jim Lee/Claremont Collection

Gambit #5 Variant was really hoping he was doing one of these.
    Can you identify all the outfits?

Love it

Astonishing Member

I notice it even includes his Revolution outfit (red scarf and shoulder pads on the trenchcoat).

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I notice it even includes his Revolution outfit (red scarf and shoulder pads on the trenchcoat).
    Indeed. But, they still keep forgetting the Joe Mad version (red scarf, jeans & leather jacket):

I have tried to identify all the outfits-

The late 2010s look I said I would elaborate on would be this-

The upper right barely seen costume I am only guessing about being the space suit from the beginning of Mr. and Mrs. X-

Ohh ok I wasn’t able to place the 2004 look. It seemed so similar to the xxm outfit

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Indeed. But, they still keep forgetting the Joe Mad version (red scarf, jeans & leather jacket):
    Question one....why does Gambit look so sinister (lower case 's') there? If I didn't know that was Gambit, just going on look alone I'd think it was a villain.

Question two....why is his head so small?! At first I was going to ask why are his hands so huge, but then I realized its not just the hands. His feet and his biceps are also larger than his head! Is this just a quirk of the art, or has something happened to Remy in that scene that explains why his body proportions are distorted? The women in the scene don't have the same problem.

All-New Member

I feel like Pedro Pascal should portray Gambit as it would be cool hope someone can make fan art out of that would love to see that��

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by galactu5d4d View Post
    I feel like Pedro Pascal should portray Gambit as it would be cool hope someone can make fan art out of that would love to see that��
    Pedro Pascal definitely has the charisma and sex appeal but he's too old imo
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    I have tried to identify all the outfits-
    Aw great work. Until I saw your post I totally missed Deathbit lurking back there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Question one....why does Gambit look so sinister (lower case 's') there? If I didn't know that was Gambit, just going on look alone I'd think it was a villain.

Question two....why is his head so small?! At first I was going to ask why are his hands so huge, but then I realized its not just the hands. His feet and his biceps are also larger than his head! Is this just a quirk of the art, or has something happened to Remy in that scene that explains why his body proportions are distorted? The women in the scene don't have the same problem.
    Early JoeMad before he found his ‘voice.’ Frankly, wish I’d never heard him. I want to unsee tiny head big hands Gambit. This is more nightmarish than the phalanx.

From the Claremont interview: "We end on a cliffhanger, resolve a cliffhanger, do it again, and ideally get to the end of the miniseries leaving readers screaming, "More! More!" Then I go to C.B. Cebulski and say, "You heard them."

Since when do they listen to Gambit fans?

“I figured out why Gambit's outfit looks like that. I've been complaining about it, because I was too lazy to unlock my brain and say, "Okay. Think. Jim Lee wasn't just fooling around." There is a really sensible rationale for it. You'll have to read the book to find out, but it works for me.”

I don’t need his outfit explained, it’s badass. But I’m glad he’s caught on. Best worst costume ever. Also, Gambit’s the only one smart enough to wear armor. His powers make him a ballistics expert. Seems obvi.

"Let's try something new. Instead of having kids become superheroes, let's have moms become superheroes and see if we can start a new trend."

This is interesting bc my villain origin story actually started when I became a mother. Now I star in the adventures of ‘Mean Mommy’. This week, Mean Mommy Takes Away Tablet Time! Find out who cracks first!

Interior art for Gambit #2 looks awesome.

Mighty Member

I figure it’s a good time to post this gambit costume quiz again
    https://www.sporcle.com/games/Mitche...ostumes-gambit