Page 88 of 100 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1498
    Spectacular Member

I'm really enjoying the series! So far it's essentially Road House starring Gambit (or just a play on the old samurai/ gunfighter archetype) which is a great fit for the character, and a refreshing change of pace from essentially every other superhero story these days which all have absurdly high and ever-escalating stakes--I'm tired of reading about reality getting saved. It's just a fun, down to earth story about charming characters! What could be better.
    Gambit Gazette, all the latest Gambit comic book and movie news: http://gambitgazette.tumblr.com

Oh, I see what you did there

What does his suite not have? Bulletproof, hidden parachute, hidden poker card storage plus its pink.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nah View Post
    I'm really enjoying the series! So far it's essentially Road House starring Gambit (or just a play on the old samurai/ gunfighter archetype) which is a great fit for the character, and a refreshing change of pace from essentially every other superhero story these days which all have absurdly high and ever-escalating stakes--I'm tired of reading about reality getting saved. It's just a fun, down to earth story about charming characters! What could be better.
    That’s a good way of putting it. The smaller stories are needed. Id just like to see more of the story through Remy’s POV. I think the story keeps shifting between Storm or Marissa oe Warhawk. Gambit isn’t really moving the emotions of the series so far

Agreed, Storm is seeing the character development and not the headliner. Hopefully the next two books show some sort of conflict in Gambit’s character with him having to choose to be a hero.

The bar is pretty low with Gambit at present, so I’m satisfied with him not falling into holes or running away crying from warwolves.

Spectacular Member SavageJudgeDredd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nah View Post
    Sounds awesome! Happy to hear Chris delivering the goods.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    Oh, I see what you did there

Good find!

Here’s a video I found of them talking about it in Arkham Knight game. It’s the first thing I thought of when I read it. It’s at the 7:30 mark. If the X-men were the justice league Gambit could easily be seen as the Batman. So it makes sense to have similarities

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    Agreed, Storm is seeing the character development and not the headliner. Hopefully the next two books show some sort of conflict in Gambit’s character with him having to choose to be a hero.

The bar is pretty low with Gambit at present, so I’m satisfied with him not falling into holes or running away crying from warwolves.
    Overall I’m liking it. He’s crafty and he’s smart in this which gives me confidence

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    What does his suite not have? Bulletproof, hidden parachute, hidden poker card storage plus its pink.
    and this

Do you think we’ll meet his “friend” that gave him his uniform?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    Do you think we’ll meet his “friend” that gave him his uniform?
    I assumed that his uniform was a training suit from thieves guild, as we saw his childhood on Nicieza's run.

Did Chris Claremont come up with the whole thieves guild or was that Jim Lee and Nicieza or someone else?

Mighty Member

BF62E1A8-00F1-4872-A854-B978F252D74E.jpg his armor predates his coat. I don’t recall the childhood of his runs in terms of where he got his armor cause my first thought was Sinister. Idk though

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    and this
    That just made me think of something. Could you imagine?

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    Did Chris Claremont come up with the whole thieves guild or was that Jim Lee and Nicieza or someone else?
    Someone may need to correct my memory but I believe thieves guild was created in 93 by Mackie in Gambit’s first title run . The tithing mini series. I think Claremont left somewhere in 1990 before then. Could be wrong though on Claremont

I greatly enjoyed issue three. Gambit, Storm, and Marissa were all great! I could have done without the "explanation" for the suit, but other than that it was a fun read.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Someone may need to correct my memory but I believe thieves guild was created in 93 by Mackie in Gambit’s first title run . The tithing mini series. I think Claremont left somewhere in 1990 before then. Could be wrong though on Claremont
    The Thieves and Assassin's Guilds were introduced in X-Men 8 along with Bella Donna from what I recall, which led into the Brood Trouble in the Big Easy storyline that was a crossover over with the Howard Mackie written Ghost Rider series. I imagine their creation was a collaboration between the three creators credited with plotting those issues(Jim Lee, Scott Lobdell, and Howard Mackie).