Page 14 of 100 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Betsy is very Bella Swan from Twilight to me. Very self-absorbed, world revolves around her problems (that she creates), constantly complaining, completely uninteresting, but everyone within a fifty mile radius falls in love with her and wants to be her BFF even though she has the personality of wallpaper paste. Bella was also a writer self-insert...so...

273391061_10227277638507004_8744923960509001062_n.jpg

I'm adding this to the Gambit quotes. Don't get mad. I think its funny in context, and hilarious outside of context.

"I'm gonna ride dat big fella like a four-wheela."

Haha, okay Remy.

Awesome! Since it's alright to make additions to the Gambit quotes list, here's my contribution:

"...like havin' jambalaya without the spice, girl."

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-05-2022 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

I just pretend Gambit was kidnapped by Candra at the end of the Romy book and replaced with one of Sinister's clones.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    I just pretend Gambit was kidnapped by Candra at the end of the Romy book and replaced with one of Sinister's clones.
    Screen Shot 2022-02-06 at 5.02.22 PM.jpg

That certainly would explain Howard's dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    Screen Shot 2022-02-06 at 5.02.22 PM.jpg

That certainly would explain Howard's dialogue.
    Ok what book is that from?

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    Gillen's run.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Uncanny XMen (2011-2014) #14, during the AvX thing and Sinister being a huge d— and being weird was the best thing to happen on the whole. Gambit clones in undies act as suicide bombers. It’s very bizarre, but it delights me Sinister took the time to train his Gambit clones to talk.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    Uncanny XMen (2011-2014) #14, during the AvX thing and Sinister being a huge d— and being weird was the best thing to happen on the whole. Gambit clones in undies act as suicide bombers. It’s very bizarre, but it delights me Sinister took the time to train his Gambit clones to talk.
    They totally need to play up the Gambit+Sinister connection. I always look forward to it.

Incredible Member

They totally need to play up the Gambit+Sinister connection. I always look forward to it.
    One of the worst parts about the Krakoa era is that when faced with tough questions like why does Gambit tolerate being around Mr. Sinister - questions that being on Krakoa should bring up - they just avoid it because it's too tough to come up with a satisfactory answer. Like, I love this era but that peeves me off, avoiding tough questions about the situation.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    One of the worst parts about the Krakoa era is that when faced with tough questions like why does Gambit tolerate being around Mr. Sinister - questions that being on Krakoa should bring up - they just avoid it because it's too tough to come up with a satisfactory answer. Like, I love this era but that peeves me off, avoiding tough questions about the situation.
    I agree 100%. Tini kind of danced around it with Gambit not trusting Apocalypse but never really went in-depth with why he didn't trust him (considering their history) and everyone just treated him like a joke for not having faith in Apocalypse.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I agree 100%. Tini kind of danced around it with Gambit not trusting Apocalypse but never really went in-depth with why he didn't trust him (considering their history) and everyone just treated him like a joke for not having faith in Apocalypse.
    To be honest the handling of Gambit in that regard has been a joke. It’s so bad that Tini Howard should be embarrassed. These are not words I use gently, but they are warranted. So many opportunities to give us even a semblance of a motivation or just some insight but nothing has been done beyond some hand waiving. He is on the team. We get nothing more then that.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

You're not wrong. And any of that precious character development he could have gotten had to go to someone else
    Make Good Art

When the characters don’t seem to care why they’re there, what incentive does the reader have to care either? Who likes to read about someone showing up to work, having zero impact, accomplishing nothing, getting disregarded by their co-workers, and not giving a s— because no one else seems to care. It’s like being middle management in corporate America.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    How much is he actually around Sinister though? It seems to me that Remy is steering clear of him as much as possible, which makes sense. Its not as if Gambit was consulted on Sinister getting to be a Krakoan citizen or personally issued him the invitation. So Gambit has a choice -- reject being a part of Krakoa because he doesn't want to live on the same island as Sinister, or accept that Sinister was given a pardon as part of this 'fresh start' for mutantkind....and just make the best of it, and stay out of his way.

To me, it just doesn't seem like that much of a big mystery. Is Gambit going to turn his back on mutant paradise (and ask his wife to do the same) and let Sinister get to be a part of it in his place? I wouldn't think so. No, if it had been Sinister on the Excalibur roster with Gambit rather than Apocalypse, then I'd definitely say there were issues that needed to be addressed. In that particular case though I'd expect the reasoning would be that Gambit didn't trust him and wanted to keep a personal eye on him for everyone's safety (and hopefully catch him in the act at something to get him thrown in The Pit).

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I wouldn't say that Gambit got treated like a joke by the others. He wasn't the only one who expressed distrust in Apocalypse--aside from Rictor, all of the team had issues with him (and even Rictor wasn't fully on board right from the start). Some of the team tried to get Remy to dial it back a bit, since his blaming Apocalypse for Rogue ending up in a coma for the first arc caused Gambit to be a bit excessively hostile...but I don't recall any of them treating him as a joke.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    How much is he actually around Sinister though? It seems to me that Remy is steering clear of him as much as possible, which makes sense. Its not as if Gambit was consulted on Sinister getting to be a Krakoan citizen or personally issued him the invitation. So Gambit has a choice -- reject being a part of Krakoa because he doesn't want to live on the same island as Sinister, or accept that Sinister was given a pardon as part of this 'fresh start' for mutantkind....and just make the best of it, and stay out of his way.

To me, it just doesn't seem like that much of a big mystery. Is Gambit going to turn his back on mutant paradise (and ask his wife to do the same) and let Sinister get to be a part of it in his place? I wouldn't think so. No, if it had been Sinister on the Excalibur roster with Gambit rather than Apocalypse, then I'd definitely say there were issues that needed to be addressed. In that particular case though I'd expect the reasoning would be that Gambit didn't trust him and wanted to keep a personal eye on him for everyone's safety (and hopefully catch him in the act at something to get him thrown in The Pit).
    The thing is, Gambit is the one on the X-Men most connected with Mr. Sinister, he's probably the man's clone son or his prototype chimera or something. Take the scene in Wolverine where Logan puts Omega Red in check and makes it clear he'll be watching and waiting for him to slip up. That should have happened between Gambit and Mr. Sinister the moment he got let onto the island since he is the person that knows Sinister the best. Him just avoiding Sinister and allowing him to run around willy nilly is out of character when in truth, he should be spying on him and ready to turn in evidence against him at any turn.