Page 16 of 100 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

It would be cool if it was one of those costume variant covers.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    It would be cool if it was one of those costume variant covers.
    Yeah! Remy has a lot of different costumes to make it great.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Russell Dauterman's IG story.

Ok, I'm pretty excited to see what this is!

Dauterman is drawing covers for X-Men RED so would be happy if it was for RED cover.
    Gloves on pic looks like from 90s costume and not from KOX.
    Gambit #1 2022 will arrive only with main cover and Alex Sinclair variant so it may be not for it too.
    I hate jumping to conclusions, but if Gambit gets a solo series in 2022 I REALLY feel he will get a Disney+ series. Geez I need to start using Instagram more...

All in all I would love one of those variant covers with all the Gambit costumes from over the years. But does Gambit have enough costumes to fill the quota?

New Claremont interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_14UnCkxWZU

Starts to speak about Gambit around 1h12m

He wrote treatment for Gambit movie. Thinks that Tatum has his own ideas and Claremont is not on his radar.

Gambit mini is 5 issues:
    3 stories,
    tries a sense of humor
    other X-Men will appear
    it is got romance
    we will learn secrets about his past
    He didn`t read any new Gambit books to write it because mini is set in a specific point of time during Claremont`s run.
    1:26
    Gambit that exists is nothing like a Gambit Claremont had created. He had a completely different origin.
    Everything he writes for Marvel is consistent to Marvel continuity and Gambit mini is in continuity.
    If Claremont hadnÂ’t left his Gambit would be vastly different character. His was there to seduce and destroy the core character of next X-Men generation Pryde.
    He had a much nastier Gambit mind than Gambit is always just on the side of angels.
    He is a thief and would steal the future from the X-Men.
    Gambit in new mini is totally consistent for the most part with the current Gambit.

1:27:40 something about Gambit`s past that I can`t get. Maybe someone will check it.
    Well that was ... interesting? Man ... much as I love Gambit in original recipe Uncanny and X-Treme, I'm absolutely glad that Claremont didn't continue on the book because I really don't love where he planned to take Remy. I don't think he'd be as popular a character as he is today and I'm not sure I would have become a fan. Like, it just seems a bit too cliche to make the thief with black eyes the sneaky big bad true villain. And SUPER uncomfortable to put him with underaged Kitty. Blech.

Especially considering how much I love the Nicieza '99 run, I am so glad we didn't get that Gambit. But it's weird too because Gambit from X-Treme and The End doesn't remotely fit Claremont's description in this interview. He's pretty charming in both runs. It's a bit weird how incongruent some of this information from CC gets. I seriously don't know if he remembers all his own canon half the time. Like ... he wrote Gambit and Rogue in X-Treme and The End. Pretty well, in fact. It's like it was all a fever dream.

At least the Gambit in this miniseries should be consistent with the Gambit we know in canon from the sounds of it. But wow, it just comes off as kind of disrespectful not to brush up on what other writers have done since you left or try to appreciate what interesting positives they might have brought to your creations. It's a very "get off my lawn" feeling. Like basically he never wanted to share his toys and is still mad about it. Hope he at least skimmed the Wiki. LOL Still probably going to be better than what Tini did with him though, so I'm still in.

And yes, can we dare to dream for that Gambit D+ series?! Maybe take what Claremont and Tatum had started, get some input from FabNic and Asmus.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I hadn’t heard the part about Remy stealing Kitty before. It sounds like a cool idea with true to Claremont style obvious consequences. I can see it working on Kitty back then. Now there seems to be a disconnect between Kitty and Remy in stories. They are two characters who should spark more and have a fun energy. I still believe there are good stories with those two to be written.
    Indeed. After Remy's return from his "Antarctic Sabbatical", the two of them hit it off quite well (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    All in all I would love one of those variant covers with all the Gambit costumes from over the years. But does Gambit have enough costumes to fill the quota?
    LOL! If that's goin' to be a problem, then just improvise.
    There were many times Remy wore plain, ordinary clothes that almost looked like he was wearing a costume
    (while also looking fabulously cool at the same time, 'natch ).

One great example would be: Joe Mad's Scarf Gambit
    Last edited by K7P5V; 02-09-2022 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

I hate jumping to conclusions, but if Gambit gets a solo series in 2022 I REALLY feel he will get a Disney+ series. Geez I need to start using Instagram more...
    I hope Gambit will get a solo movie in MCU and not a D+ project. Solo movie is the highest heights that any character can get from MCU. Movies has bigger budgets and better action scenes.
    I want Gambit vs Assassins fights to be as awesome as fights in Schang-Chi.

D+ series did nothing in comics for Loki, Clint Barton, Falcon and Winter Soldier (only a mini), Vision etc.
    But now Falcon to become Cap again and get a new solo because Cap 4 is in development, Wanda to get a series because she has a big role in MM2. Cap Marvel was rebooted and rebooted so she finally can have ongoing because she has a movie. Schang-Chi has solo series now where he can fight even Thor.

Moon Khight and She-Hulk are exceptions but maybe it is how all it will work in future.

Gambit must shine on a big screen.

Very successful Gambit movie is the biggest chance to get more solo Gambit projects, Gambit in games and other merchandise.

Last edited by Purplevit; 02-09-2022 at 04:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Indeed. After Remy's return from his "Antarctic Sabbatical", the two of them hit it off quite well (IMHO):

LOL! If that's goin' to be a problem, then just improvise.
    There were many times Remy wore plain, ordinary clothes that almost looked like he was wearing a costume
    (while also looking fabulously cool at the same time, 'natch ).

One great example would be: Joe Mad's Scarf Gambit
    Both issues are awesome!

I remember on a forum over 20 years ago (I think it was around 2001) where I asked him if the Gambit/Rogue romance was his idea, he actually confirmed that it was and that Gambit was supposed to seduce Rogue but he was Sinister all along...or something along those lines. In this new interview here, he says it's Kitty Pryde. I'm still under the impression that it was meant to be Rogue because Kitty was long gone from the X-Men during that time, Rogue was much more prominent.

That said, when Claremont returned to X-Men in 2000, he did some great things for Gambit's development, had him leading, and had some great scenes in X-Treme, he took the angst out of Romy and made them fun to read. Not sure how the writing will go in this new mini, but you'll see a formidable Gambit at the very least, which is something that character has lacked in the last couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Well that was ... interesting? Man ... much as I love Gambit in original recipe Uncanny and X-Treme, I'm absolutely glad that Claremont didn't continue on the book because I really don't love where he planned to take Remy. I don't think he'd be as popular a character as he is today and I'm not sure I would have become a fan. Like, it just seems a bit too cliche to make the thief with black eyes the sneaky big bad true villain. And SUPER uncomfortable to put him with underaged Kitty. Blech.
    Yeah, I am glad too! Plus, in most of the "original" plans he had for the character, Gambit wouldn't have been a real character at all, just a projection of some other character.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Especially considering how much I love the Nicieza '99 run, I am so glad we didn't get that Gambit. But it's weird too because Gambit from X-Treme and The End doesn't remotely fit Claremont's description in this interview. He's pretty charming in both runs. It's a bit weird how incongruent some of this information from CC gets. I seriously don't know if he remembers all his own canon half the time. Like ... he wrote Gambit and Rogue in X-Treme and The End. Pretty well, in fact. It's like it was all a fever dream.
    Oh yeah, I am glad he didn't let his original plans for the character interfere with how he wrote him later. He is the writer that has written a lot of my favorite Gambit moments, and the character is at his best under his pen.

He easily has enough costumes to make one of those covers. Now whether we get one or not, I am not holding my breath. It will be nice if he is on a Dauterman cover though.

I hope Gambit will get a solo movie in MCU and not a D+ project. Solo movie is the highest heights that any character can get from MCU. Movies has bigger budgets and better action scenes.
    I want Gambit vs Assassins fights to be as awesome as fights in Schang-Chi.

D+ series did nothing in comics for Loki, Clint Barton, Falcon and Winter Soldier (only a mini), Vision etc.
    But now Falcon to become Cap again and get a new solo because Cap 4 is in development, Wanda to get a series because she has a big role in MM2. Cap Marvel was rebooted and rebooted so she finally can have ongoing because she has a movie. Schang-Chi has solo series now where he can fight even Thor.

Moon Khight and She-Hulk are exceptions but maybe it is how all it will work in future.

Gambit must shine on a big screen.

Very successful Gambit movie is the biggest chance to get more solo Gambit projects, Gambit in games and other merchandise.
    I would prefer a D+ project over a solo movie honestly. I love the MCU movies, but I have never cared about action scenes that much(too fake and over the top) and I actually prefer long-form storytelling and character development over a comparatively shallow movie. With a movie we only get 2 hours at most and then have to wait years for another. You are right though that the movies are what get the most attention and then comics priority. My hope is that we get the best of both worlds with Gambit staring in the main X-Men movies(with Rogue!) and then also getting a D+ solo series to really explore his character more.
    Last edited by thjan; 02-09-2022 at 06:54 AM.

Hmm... original costume, AOA costume, space costume, Revolutions era costume, X-treme X-men costume, AOX costume, Rogue & Gambit series costume, current Excalibur costume, maybe some variations of his casual wear… what am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Hmm... original costume, AOA costume, space costume, Revolutions era costume, X-treme X-men costume, AOX costume, Rogue & Gambit series costume, current Excalibur costume, maybe some variations of his casual wear… what am I missing?
    Horseman of Apocalypse costume
    Blue and gold uniform
    ANXF costume
    Last edited by rhaenylis; 02-09-2022 at 08:18 AM.

I am sure at least 1 would be shirtless Gambit.

Last edited by Purplevit; 02-09-2022 at 08:31 AM.

Shirtless Jim Lee early 90s era basketball-playing Gambit with the doo rag on his head for the win!