Page 19 of 100 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    Turns out the trap Gambit leads them to is in Castle Anthrax!

A SPANKING! A SPANKING!

Gambit must give them all a good spanking. And after that, the oral sex.
    LOL I will take this plot! Let's gooooo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Either Tini leaves or she kills him off. I know it's pessimistic but it doesn't seem like she has much interest in doing anything with him and Marvel has doubled down on keeping her as a writer
    UGH ... wouldn't THAT just be adding insult to injury at this point? Just give him to another writer FFS Tini. Steve Orlando sounds like a good option! Let Remy be the pirate he deserves to be.
    Last edited by AppleJ; 02-14-2022 at 12:34 PM.

Astonishing Member

Honestly, I just so badly want a book that's like the current era version of the AOA Gambit and the X-Ternals book. Just Remy with a team of mutant thieves made up of characters both new and old, running around the galaxy and Otherworld and stealing plans/weapons from enemies of mutantkind, secrets leftover from past mutant civilizations like Okkara and now locked up in the vaults of collectors who know not what they have but Gambit and crew do due to various ancient mutants pointing them in the right directions, stuff like that.

Like that long-running subplot of Emma Frost being after the mysterious box that was revealed in Marauders......I know it was ultimately used to give Mystique a bartering chip with Emma to get Destiny on the Council, but retrieving that sort of thing could have been a PERFECT use for Gambit's character.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I would love another book reminiscent of the X-Ternals book. That was a lot of fun. And it would be a good opportunity to get weird with the cast like they did in that book
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Honestly, I just so badly want a book that's like the current era version of the AOA Gambit and the X-Ternals book. Just Remy with a team of mutant thieves made up of characters both new and old, running around the galaxy and Otherworld and stealing plans/weapons from enemies of mutantkind, secrets leftover from past mutant civilizations like Okkara and now locked up in the vaults of collectors who know not what they have but Gambit and crew do due to various ancient mutants pointing them in the right directions, stuff like that.

Like that long-running subplot of Emma Frost being after the mysterious box that was revealed in Marauders......I know it was ultimately used to give Mystique a bartering chip with Emma to get Destiny on the Council, but retrieving that sort of thing could have been a PERFECT use for Gambit's character.
    Yes, yes, and YES!!!

Astonishing Member

Also I just loved that they had Remy and Lila working together, who are like a thief dream-team we should totally see more of in 616.

They were a lot of fun together and I didn't mind the romance all that much (at least for that AU), even if it was a little one-sided. And then having Jubilee on the team always adds a fun dynamic as well. Maybe we could get Gabby on the team instead of Jubilee is busy.
    Make Good Art

Astonishing Member

They were a lot of fun together and I didn't mind the romance all that much (at least for that AU), even if it was a little one-sided. And then having Jubilee on the team always adds a fun dynamic as well. Maybe we could get Gabby on the team instead of Jubilee is busy.
    Yeah I don't care about them being a couple lol, I have zero investment either way on that ship, I just think there's so many shenanigans to be had with Remy and an intergalactic teleporter who once tried to steal the Earth. Remy appreciates ambition in his friend groups, lmao.

Yeah I don't care about them being a couple lol, I have zero investment either way on that ship, I just think there's so many shenanigans to be had with Remy and an intergalactic teleporter who once tried to steal the Earth. Remy appreciates ambition in his friend groups, lmao.
    Same. I was pretty neutral on the relationship. Honestly I felt bad for Lila being a 2nd choice.

But as a team now? Well now that was amazing! An intergalactic thief team led by Gambit would be a ton of fun and totally what the character deserves. Plus Lila has her whole musical side gig to work in as a cover. They could bring along a few other underutilized characters as teammates. A illusionist and/or a shapeshifter would be handy - just not Mystique! LOL Luckily she's busy.

Would it be too weird to use Gimmick? I mean she's already a stan of Gambit.

Mighty Member

So I know most people found out about the 2015 version of the Gambit movie but seems the movie was going to end up a lot different by release time.

>” The Gambit movie with Channing Tatum was going to be like "mutant Goodfellas."

"We made this world in New Orleans that was a city of mutants that didn't care about saving the world. They went there so they could use their powers to party and hook up."

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/ga...nt-goodfellas/

Would give a good set up to see a lot of different mutants

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Death looms over the Knights — in more ways than one.
    Death persona return? I think I remember Howard hinting at it when Excalibur was first announced…
    Gambit Gazette, all the latest Gambit comic book and movie news: http://gambitgazette.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nah View Post
    Death persona return? I think I remember Howard hinting at it when Excalibur was first announced…
    Ugh, I hope not. I didn't even think of that possibility.
    Make Good Art

Astonishing Member

Nah, I think that's a direct reference to the Horseman Death who was last seen in Sevalith, the vampire province - considering that there he explicitly promised Betsy that if Otherworld went to war against mutants, he wouldn't forget whose side he's really on. Well, Otherworld went to war with mutants, and many of the people they're fighting on that cover are Sevalith vampires.....so I assume that solicit line is about Death being ready to make his move one way or another there. We did know that there were two remaining characters joining the cast. Kylun's one, obviously, and I'm guessing Death is the other.

(Also AppleJ, I would LOVE to see Gimmick on that kind of team/lineup, or just interacting with Remy directly given she's a fan. I think there's a lot of potential in a mentorship dynamic there, especially in regards to Carmen's inventions. She's one of my favorite new characters and really needs to be followed up on - I think its so interesting to have a mutant whose power seems largely incidental to them, like, she doesn't really even seem to think of herself as a shapeshifter yet, because she's more used to being an inventor/tech genius who can come up with all kinds of super-power gadgets like a mutant Iron Man whose ingenuity ISN'T derived from a mutation).
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 02-16-2022 at 12:48 PM.

Ugh, I hope not. I didn't even think of that possibility.
    like bobby's world said, nah. i doubt the author knows gambit was ever the horseman death. she thinks his beef with en sabah nur is because of that one time gambit tried to park in apocalypse's spot.

apocalypse: i am the rocks of the eternal shore, crash against me and be bro---

gambit: TOWANDAAAAA!!!

Also AppleJ, I would LOVE to see Gimmick on that kind of team/lineup, or just interacting with Remy directly given she's a fan. I think there's a lot of potential in a mentorship dynamic there, especially in regards to Carmen's inventions. She's one of my favorite new characters and really needs to be followed up on - I think its so interesting to have a mutant whose power seems largely incidental to them, like, she doesn't really even seem to think of herself as a shapeshifter yet, because she's more used to being an inventor/tech genius who can come up with all kinds of super-power gadgets like a mutant Iron Man whose ingenuity ISN'T derived from a mutation).
    Yeah she is a great new character who deserves a push. I was extremely disappointed Gambit never appeared in that CotA series and they actually never met or interacted, especially since she clearly stans him and borrowed his look. And he would have been so much more chill towards the kids than some of the other X-Men. But she would be in a perfect position right now to benefit from a mentor and Remy is so great in that role. Plus yeah, her skills (both her mutation and technical skills) would be very handy for heists! The challenge would be finding her motivation to get involved in thievery, but it could totally be accomplished. She seems like a character that would do anything to help her family if they had some kind of unexpected hardship for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    like bobby's world said, nah. i doubt the author knows gambit was ever the horseman death. she thinks his beef with en sabah nur is because of that one time gambit tried to park in apocalypse's spot.

apocalypse: i am the rocks of the eternal shore, crash against me and be bro---

gambit: TOWANDAAAAA!!!
    ok that’s a great point
    Make Good Art