Page 2 of 100 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I love Remy more without much association with Rogue. All of my favorite Gambit stories are all without her. Not that I dislike their relationship, but I feel like she holds him down from further development. Im glad they are on separate teams now and am looking forward to his ongoing solo and more awesome Remy moments in 2022! Cheers!
    Not an unpopular opinion at all. Probably close to a 50-50 split of those who like Romy and those who prefer Gambit not be joined at the hip with Rogue.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Happy New Year to All Gambit fans!

I know it's coming out in 2023, but X-Men '97 is what I'm looking forward to the most. Even just some sneak peaks and interviews will be great. I know the voice actors have done some episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I love Remy more without much association with Rogue. All of my favorite Gambit stories are all without her. Not that I dislike their relationship, but I feel like she holds him down from further development. Im glad they are on separate teams now and am looking forward to his ongoing solo and more awesome Remy moments in 2022! Cheers!
    I would love for this to be true. Simply because it would mean that splitting them up would get them out of this krakoan shaped hole they been thrown into. I’m quite skeptic to if it would give Remy more exposure. If we look at Marvel and their history it would probably free him up for one of their famous traitor storylines again. They love their cycles.

Even as a fan of Romy I would like this because as it is now we aren’t getting anything with them anyway. Nothing on the horizon either. At best now their marriage and relationships grants them cameos they would not get otherwise. Probably just because they are an item in a universe who has very few couples and even fewer couples who are well known.

Gambit has his mini coming up. I’m excited about that but it has nothing to do with either the marriage or our current status.

I’m hoping for some external pressure on Marvel. Perhaps a MCU project or XTAS forcing them to look at Remy and think that he needs to have some sort or role in the current era.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I would love for this to be true. Simply because it would mean that splitting them up would get them out of this krakoan shaped hole they been thrown into. I’m quite skeptic to if it would give Remy more exposure. If we look at Marvel and their history it would probably free him up for one of their famous traitor storylines again. They love their cycles.

Even as a fan of Romy I would like this because as it is now we aren’t getting anything with them anyway. Nothing on the horizon either. At best now their marriage and relationships grants them cameos they would not get otherwise. Probably just because they are an item in a universe who has very few couples and even fewer couples who are well known.

Gambit has his mini coming up. I’m excited about that but it has nothing to do with either the marriage or our current status.

I’m hoping for some external pressure on Marvel. Perhaps a MCU project or XTAS forcing them to look at Remy and think that he needs to have some sort or role in the current era.
    Their is rumors that he will get a Disney+ show, I'm really hoping this is true. Mainly because everyone that has a Disney+ such as Hawkeye (Kate Bishop), She-Hulk, Moon Knight, seems to have an ongoing series. Which makes since because marvel will be banking on the influx of new readers. This is sorta why even though I wasn't super excited about Channing Tatum playing Gambit, I wish the movie happened, truth be told Channing was really excited to play the role, and I think if it was done right it would have been a success.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    Their is rumors that he will get a Disney+ show, I'm really hoping this is true. Mainly because everyone that has a Disney+ such as Hawkeye (Kate Bishop), She-Hulk, Moon Knight, seems to have an ongoing series. Which makes since because marvel will be banking on the influx of new readers. This is sorta why even though I wasn't super excited about Channing Tatum playing Gambit, I wish the movie happened, truth be told Channing was really excited to play the role, and I think if it was done right it would have been a success.
    I know what you mean. Tatum wasn’t my pick for Gambit but I bet the movie would have been solid and it would have drummed up interest in the character just based on his excitement
    Make Good Art

I have, with the exception of What If, enjoyed the marvel tv shows on disney+. I think a possible Gambit show would be overall high in standard. It might no reinvent the wheel but would be a solid outing for Gambit.

It will quite a challenge for whatever actor that picks the part. We are expecting quite a lot. There must be charm. Something that is hard to fake. Must be witty. Also the actor will play a role where there are several layers. A fundamental care free character who has been dealt a harsh hand by life and made his own mistakes.

What do you think of this. Say they do a 6-8 episodes tv show.

First episode: a retelling of Gambits youth. Narrated by Bella-Donna. Starting with the scene where he tries to pick her pocket. Then we go through the guilds, them falling in love, the marriage, Juliens death and Gambit leaving New Orleans. Let the episode end with someone coming to the assasins taking out a contract on Remy. They refuse and the customer replies with "I figured you might refuse. Will you still refuse if I say that it's for Mr Essex". Have the episode end with them preparing to go after Remy. Bella saying "Remy you promised me. In sickness and in health, to death do us apart".

Then we get episodes of different killers go after Remy with Bella and him meeting again. Ending with Sinister getting involved and some exploration on their connection. Possibly Bella dying.

First episode: a retelling of Gambits youth. Narrated by Bella-Donna. Starting with the scene where he tries to pick her pocket. Then we go through the guilds, them falling in love, the marriage, Juliens death and Gambit leaving New Orleans. Let the episode end with someone coming to the assasins taking out a contract on Remy. They refuse and the customer replies with "I figured you might refuse. Will you still refuse if I say that it's for Mr Essex". Have the episode end with them preparing to go after Remy. Bella saying "Remy you promised me. In sickness and in health, to death do us apart".

Then we get episodes of different killers go after Remy with Bella and him meeting again. Ending with Sinister getting involved and some exploration on their connection. Possibly Bella dying.
    Yeah I think you could definitely do something like this but break it up with flashbacks so the first episodes aren’t too heavy on exposition. Like you could bring in the past scenes by tying them into the modern-day story as it progresses. Maybe even the assassins all hold puzzle pieces to the full story that Gambit begins to put together that ultimately leads to Sinister
    Make Good Art

I can totally see a series focused around on a heist. Like you said 1st episode Gambits past. Then perhaps a mysterious man hires the thieves guild or Gambit himself to steal something from Tony stark or the Avengers or kingpin. Later its reviled its Sinister who hired him then we learn a little bit about the history of Sinister and a history between the two of them. All I know is I'm sure Gambit will be in the MCU so I hope he's a major player in it. Then I hope his exposure benefits him in the comics.
    Last edited by Romy134; 01-09-2022 at 04:15 PM.

I can totally see a series focused around on a heist. Like you said 1st episode Gambits past. Then perhaps a mysterious man hires the thieves guild or Gambit himself to steal something from Tony stark or the Avengers or kingpin. Later its reviled its Sinister who hired him then we learn a little bit about the history of Sinister and a history between the two of them. All I know is I'm sure Gambit will be in the MCU so I hope he's a major player in it. Then I hop his exposure benefits him in the comics.
    Loving this. I really hope we see it happen!!

Spectacular Member

I'm happy to hear there is a new Gambit series coming up apparently. It's been 10yrs since Asmus's run. I didn't even know til now he was writing Rick and Morty's comics.
    And new XTas eppys coming up with Chris Potter returning? All kinds of win.

I didn't even know there was an unofficial film of Gambit from couple years ago and the producer/actor got Eric Roberts to play a bad guy in it Wow! I've watched it few times, just pretty good for a fanmade film!

Spectacular Member SavageJudgeDredd's Avatar

Could always use more Gambit! I'm a big fan of the romance with Rogue as well, ideally you can use them both well. All we need is a writer who sees his potential, or has Gambit among their favs. Hopefully sooner rather than later!

Begging for Scraps….

https://tinihoward.substack.com/p/ex...utm_medium=web

“Marcus To and I’s…”?

A8873CEB-7483-4F6E-8DDE-B426CBE16EC7.jpg

So he does hang out in the Treehouse. I guess it beats sleeping in that hole in the ground where Braddock Lighthouse used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by smokey78 View Post
    I'm happy to hear there is a new Gambit series coming up apparently. It's been 10yrs since Asmus's run. I didn't even know til now he was writing Rick and Morty's comics.
    And new XTas eppys coming up with Chris Potter returning? All kinds of win.

I didn't even know there was an unofficial film of Gambit from couple years ago and the producer/actor got Eric Roberts to play a bad guy in it Wow! I've watched it few times, just pretty good for a fanmade film!
    Yeah, I'm hoping the new TAS and CC's series will re-ignite some excitement for character because Excalibur ain't doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by SavageJudgeDredd View Post
    Could always use more Gambit! I'm a big fan of the romance with Rogue as well, ideally you can use them both well. All we need is a writer who sees his potential, or has Gambit among their favs. Hopefully sooner rather than later!
    Exactly. It's not a radical concept. Just give him to someone who likes the character. If only they would give him to Thompson or get Taylor back

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    Begging for Scraps….

https://tinihoward.substack.com/p/ex...utm_medium=web

“Marcus To and I’s…”?

A8873CEB-7483-4F6E-8DDE-B426CBE16EC7.jpg

So he does hang out in the Treehouse. I guess it beats sleeping in that hole in the ground where Braddock Lighthouse used to be.
    ctrl+f "Gambit", ctrl+f "Remy", "0 results". Well that's unsurprising.

That's cool that Duggan mentioned Remy, though.
    Make Good Art