Page 3 of 100 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    Begging for Scraps….

https://tinihoward.substack.com/p/ex...utm_medium=web

“Marcus To and I’s…”?

Attachment 117225

So he does hang out in the Treehouse. I guess it beats sleeping in that hole in the ground where Braddock Lighthouse used to be.
    One line that caught my eye (Other than the lack of naming ANY of the other cast members) was

"…what would bring them to this dangerous realm, far from the range of their resurrection technology?"

So it seems Otherworld is still the most dangerous place for X-Men to be. I thought what Scarlett Witch did in the trial of Magneto book may effect it but not sure it will, which can be a good thing for story writing purposes. But I'm still getting bad vibes from this book. Its hard to believe it can be as lackluster as Excalibur was but we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    One line that caught my eye (Other than the lack of naming ANY of the other cast members) was

"…what would bring them to this dangerous realm, far from the range of their resurrection technology?"

So it seems Otherworld is still the most dangerous place for X-Men to be. I thought what Scarlett Witch did in the trial of Magneto book may effect it but not sure it will, which can be a good thing for story writing purposes. But I'm still getting bad vibes from this book. Its hard to believe it can be as lackluster as Excalibur was but we will see.
    Betsy, Betsy is the reason for all the things. Betsy brought them to the dangerous realm bc Rachel loves her so very much. And they all go because…everyone loves Betsy, she’s great.

They’ll reopen the portal to get Apocalypsss back to defeat Merlin and his bigot army. Portals are made of dead-ass mutant bones. So yeah, we should be worried. We know one of the Frostitutes is going to end up dead in Otherworld per Destiny’s prophecy. Any excuse to work Frost into every story is a good excuse, I guess. Let’s kill off Phoebe or whoever. Or Saturnine, who cares, they are all equally interchangeable.

The self-congratulatory tone of the substack post leads me to believe this book will not change or improve one iota. How can you improve on perfection? The cast will remain an afterthought. I wish I hadn’t read the substack. it just fills me with despair.

All my eggs are in Claremont’s basket. Please don’t curdle them.

Betsy, Betsy is the reason for all the things. Betsy brought them to the dangerous realm bc Rachel loves her so very much. And they all go because…everyone loves Betsy, she’s great.
    Pretty much what I am expecting.

The self-congratulatory tone of the substack post leads me to believe this book will not change or improve one iota. How can you improve on perfection? The cast will remain an afterthought. I wish I hadn’t read the substack. it just fills me with despair.
    Yeah, that was a difficult read. Like you said, so self-congratulating, and she is actually proud that she did not resolve anything and had everything go wrong for the team in the finale of her first Excalibur 26 issue volume. I mean what in the world! Oh, and she is also "so proud of Betsy". You know the worst and most incompetent Captain Britain ever, who almost everyone in Otherworld or Britain dislikes, and who has served as more of a vessel of Krakoa than for the people she is always yelling at to tell them she is their Captain Britain and "deserves to be there". And the adulation in the comments is even worse. Calling her the greatest UK writer since Claremont and Moore. Seriously!

Oh well, I'm glad she at least had a good time working on Excalibur, I just wish the majority of the readers had as good a time.
    Last edited by thjan; 01-11-2022 at 06:12 PM.

Astonishing Member

Idle thought.....

If Remy were to die and be brought back via resurrection, technically wouldn't his new body be at his original, New Sun-esque power levels since the changes Sinister made so Remy could control them were said to be surgical alterations made to his brain? Meaning that the same or similar surgery would have to be done AFTER Remy was already 'hatched' and had his consciousness placed in the new body....unless of course, Hope via her omega level power manipulation powers, maybe with some help from Elixir or Proteus, was able to stabilize his powers without surgery or reducing them the way Sinister had?

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Idle thought.....

If Remy were to die and be brought back via resurrection, technically wouldn't his new body be at his original, New Sun-esque power levels since the changes Sinister made so Remy could control them were said to be surgical alterations made to his brain? Meaning that the same or similar surgery would have to be done AFTER Remy was already 'hatched' and had his consciousness placed in the new body....unless of course, Hope via her omega level power manipulation powers, maybe with some help from Elixir or Proteus, was able to stabilize his powers without surgery or reducing them the way Sinister had?
    That was my initial thought too, but Cyclops is brought back needing his visor, Karma with her mechanical leg, Greycrow as part machine (like, wut? when did that happen? i thought he had healing abilities). We're told these are the character's choices, they want to come back this way. So we'd probably be fed some line about how it was Gambit's choice to come back lobotomized. Though a line would be generous...I doubt anything that happened in Gambit's solos is ever considered or thought about at all. He might already be restored, since what Excalibur (the knight) did to him at the end of Asmus' solo. But what happens in a Gambit solo, stays in a Gambit solo.

I only know of Rockslide resurrected weird, with no memories at all, from the Otherworld. So Gambit coming back as a vegetable is possible. Oh, and Nanny, Orphan Maker, and Wildchild dying in Amenth(sp?) which is maybe a part of Otherworld (again, I'm confused), and they came back ripped and super-violent but then seemed to reset thanks to Tarn. Maybe it depends where you die. Gambit could die in the Crooked Market and come back permanently as a catboy maid. :-\

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Pretty much what I am expecting.

Yeah, that was a difficult read. Like you said, so self-congratulating, and she is actually proud that she did not resolve anything and had everything go wrong for the team in the finale of her first Excalibur 26 issue volume. I mean what in the world! Oh, and she is also "so proud of Betsy". You know the worst and most incompetent Captain Britain ever, who almost everyone in Otherworld or Britain dislikes, and who has served as more of a vessel of Krakoa than for the people she is always yelling at to tell them she is their Captain Britain and "deserves to be there". And the adulation in the comments is even worse. Calling her the greatest UK writer since Claremont and Moore. Seriously!

Oh well, I'm glad she at least had a good time working on Excalibur, I just wish the majority of the readers had as good a time.
    I noticed there was an opportunity to comment on her post. I am ever the optimist that she will read it and be open to respond and have an actual dialogue. So I’m thinking about posting something. Just trying to decide if it’s hopeless or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I noticed there was an opportunity to comment on her post. I am ever the optimist that she will read it and be open to respond and have an actual dialogue. So I’m thinking about posting something. Just trying to decide if it’s hopeless or not.
    I thought about saying something along the lines of: "It's really interesting how you set Excalibur up to reflect imperial colonialism. I can't wait to see the repercussions to come for the high-handed actions of Krakoan mutants!"

Non-spoilers:
    There's a tiny Gambit appearance in X-Men Legends #10 today. It takes place during X-Men #34, when Gambit, Psylocke, Beast and Rogue break into Sinister's lab and run into Threnody. They show up on a security monitor while Sinister and Amanda Mueller are talking. Remy does show up multiple times behind Mueller, so I'd love for it to mean something.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

Gambit is my favorite X-Men character. I really want them to focus more on his role as leader of the Thieves Guild. They should have him with the Marauders instead of wasting time with Excalibur.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magha_regulus View Post
    Gambit is my favorite X-Men character. I really want them to focus more on his role as leader of the Thieves Guild. They should have him with the Marauders instead of wasting time with Excalibur.
    I agree 100%. He’s been in Otherworld too long. It’s time to get an update on his kingdom
    Make Good Art

Non-spoilers:
    There's a tiny Gambit appearance in X-Men Legends #10 today. It takes place during X-Men #34, when Gambit, Psylocke, Beast and Rogue break into Sinister's lab and run into Threnody. They show up on a security monitor while Sinister and Amanda Mueller are talking. Remy does show up multiple times behind Mueller, so I'd love for it to mean something.
    Fascinating! I really need to read this one. I keep thinking Gambit has to have a bigger connection to Amanda Mueller. Anything in the story that might seed a plot for the present era?

And have we gotten a date yet for Claremont's Gambit series? I'm absolutely dreading what Tini might do with Gambit in Excalibur 2.0. Honestly, if anyone has a target on their back for her to kill it's him.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Fascinating! I really need to read this one. I keep thinking Gambit has to have a bigger connection to Amanda Mueller. Anything in the story that might seed a plot for the present era?
    Maybe? I mean, it sure does seem to suggest Sinister sends a message to himself (like, that makes sense, because there are multiple Sinisters). I don’t know how to do spoiler tags so I can’t tell you. But it does look like it ties into the previews we saw of Destiny of X featuring Sinister.

I thought about saying something along the lines of: "It's really interesting how you set Excalibur up to reflect imperial colonialism. I can't wait to see the repercussions to come for the high-handed actions of Krakoan mutants!"

Non-spoilers:
    I think there’s a hint that Amanda created gambit

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Anyone ever read any of the X-Men novels from the 90s? I just finished Jewels of Cyttorak and it was decent. Remy had a large role and it dealt with Guild stuff (and tied into the comics at the time). It also has one of the funniest covers I've seen in a while:

512451._UY630_SR1200,630_.jpg

Anyone know of any others that are any good that involve Gambit?
    Make Good Art

https://twitter.com/ComicsXF/status/...531122692?s=20

Yannick Paquette, now there's a name I haven't heard since the second half of Gambit's solo.

KOX came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I agree 100%. He’s been in Otherworld too long. It’s time to get an update on his kingdom
    I concur. Remy's involvement with The Thieves Guild has always been quite fascinating (IMHO):