Page 53 of 100 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Why are people saying hes going to die. We also have the resurrection pods. Until I see it posted I dont think its happening.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Why are people saying hes going to die. We also have the resurrection pods. Until I see it posted I dont think its happening.
    The hints have been strong. I’m still believing in Remy though.

Mighty Member

I made a quick poll. Its a bit more optimistic than “Remy dies lol
    perhaps I’ll take Nico’s idea and make another poll simply on how you think he will die if you believe that that is a certainty. Let’s see how many actually think that’s what will happen

http://poll-maker.com/Q8M265NSE
    Last edited by Gripstir; 06-21-2022 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    I was deluded for quite some time. In total denial. I thought Marvel was being way to heavy headed with the clues. Now I'm certain Remy is defiantly biting the big one. I'm so certain I willing to wager five, no 10 otherworld Pop-tarts! Lets just hope it's not an embarrassing death and he goes out destroying like 10 Furies. Beyond that, the only thing to worry about is what is the endgame? What's all this going to lead to?

But yeah, put me down for Remy dies
    Yeah, he probably will die going up against boring cannon fodder like the Furies or something. He probably won't go out while taking out an important enemy that is for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    Yeah, the poll should either be HOW Remy dies or WHAT will they do about his death.

Another option: that Mr. Omega Mutant in Otherworld's Mercutio? Milquetoast? Mercadio? nevermind. Some character with reality warping abilities (seriously, there's like 10 of them now) just revives him.

Additional Option: They do nothing. Ignore what happened. No one mentions Gambit's disappearance and Rogue gets a new boyfriend/girlfriend. Wouldn't be the first time.
    Yeah, two other likely options.

The Resurrection Protocols don't work for people that die in Otherworld.

I will say again that it will be incredibly insensitive and insulting to all his in-universe loved ones if they really do use the Resurrection Protocols to bring some "version" of him into existence. At this point they KNOW it doesn't work, and it is not right to make all the people that knew and loved him have to deal and interact with some weird Gambit, but not Gambit composite. They should try to find some other way to bring him back, and Rogue especially should be focused on bringing him back as himself.
    Last edited by thjan; 06-21-2022 at 03:37 PM.

Be careful, theres a crazy amount of spoilers out on twitter. If you're not into that kind of stuff maybe go into hiding.

People are just complaining about his death on twitter without actually showing if it happened. Like if youre gonna spoil it show us!

They literally put all of X-Men 12 on Twitter.

People are just complaining about his death on twitter without actually showing if it happened. Like if youre gonna spoil it show us!

They literally put all of X-Men 12 on Twitter.
    Awww ok, I get a sense they were spoiling so I didn't look.

Fantastic Member

Our speculation is true ,

BANNED

Marvel continues to hate marriage.

Knights is Dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Logistically, if a major character does die and get resurrected in a new form/characterization in this arc.....that character is going to be then thrust into the spotlight in a big way. There's no way for Howard NOT to bring that character center stage in order to capitalize on the gimmick of death/resurrection. It basically demands follow-up and exploration of all the changes that ensue.....and does that really track for Gambit, with how she's handled him so far?
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    And lastly, in conclusion, even if there is an actual death coming...if I happened to be building towards a dramatic death where everyone is expecting a certain outcome (inevitable resurrection) with certain stakes accepted as a given (the nature of Otherworld resurrection rewriting the personalities of mutants who die there), and I wanted to throw in a twist nobody saw coming....
    The character I just handed a Tarot-themed spellbook to explore is the LAST person I'd kill off.

Sorry If I don't laugh, I'll cry ...

BANNED

I thought the point of this era was no shock-value deaths?

Another book that I will abandon, WTF.
    why ruin Remy,..... they hate him so much they want to bring him in as someone else????

I have won so many PopTarts!!!

There is but one freedom, to put oneself right with death. After that everything is possible.
    -Albert Camus

REMY IS FREEEEEE*

(*for like, two issues or so)

Not happy. Not happy at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I thought the point of this era was no shock-value deaths?
    Yeah, if she does not bring Gambit back by the end of this story then she is going against her mentor, Hickman's, philosophy of being additive not destructive. And bringing in a alternate Gambit is not fixing it. The character is as good as dead if a different version is brought in to replace him and that would make this lazy, shock-value writing for sure.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Not happy. Not happy at all.

Yeah, if she does not bring Gambit back by the end of this story then she is going against her mentor, Hickman's, philosophy of being additive not destructive. And bringing in a alternate Gambit is not fixing it. The character is as good as dead if a different version is brought in to replace him and that would make this lazy, shock-value writing for sure.

There was a lot of foreshadowing of different ways he could be brought back without using the pods. Gambit did say he had a plan before he blew himself up to stop Merlin. He also reminded us he was Death at one point, and his last card was Death so maybe we'll get Deathbit back for a bit, with another set of powers we never seen before (as is tradition). There is also the Siege Perilous.

I just hope he isn't podded. We won't get back our same Gambit and he sure as hell shouldn't stay married because that isn't the same person.