Page 54 of 100 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post

Sorry If I don't laugh, I'll cry ...
    LOL fair.

I'm just saying, the death is still only part of things, we always knew whoever died, they were going to come back, it was just a matter of how. If I've already played myself, no reason not to double down. Remy drew the Death card with intent and told Merlyn he had the perfect card for him, and the clear implication was that when Merlyn said he had no idea the power or magic he had in his hands there, he underestimated just what Remy does know and can make use of....and since as the story pointed out, Death in a Tarot sense actually just means transformation or change, I'm still not ruling out that Remy somehow engineered his own return. His death might have been this issue's dramatic cliffhanger moment, but given that we KNOW its not the end for him, we're just not sure HOW....and we still have several potential Chekhov's guns in play (possible magic from the Death card, the Siege Perilous, Mercator's own powers which have brought people back from death before, without changing them).....at this point I might as well stick with the theory that flawed resurrection and coming back changed isn't the only possible avenue still in front of Remy's character. *Shrugs*

If I still end up wrong, I end up wrong, lol. It won't be the first time, or the last. I'm cool with it, haha.

Remy is going to return to us with impervious abs that never disappear no matter how much he eats. His cuts will be so shredded and defined that he'll be added to the Omega list for impenetrable rectus abdominis muscles of an undefined limit.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I really wouldn’t be too worried about Gambit. Everything in this series with the Siege feels like it’s building up to fixing Otherworld Resurrection to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Remy is going to return to us with impervious abs that never disappear no matter how much he eats. His cuts will be so shredded and defined that he'll be added to the Omega list for impenetrable rectus abdominis muscles of an undefined limit.
    Ah, a palette cleanser!!! You do us all a service. ::tips hat::

What is all the more evident in seeing this picture again is that Gambit has pulled off the greatest heist in history. He has secretly stolen over into Duggan's X-Men, broken into Orchis-Sinister-Suit-Club's closet, stolen his pants, and in a comparison of WHO WORE IT BEST, GAMBIT IS VICTORIOUS.

This is a major coup, to be even more fab than Sinister. Now I wanna see him in the fringed cape.

Also, I was staring at Gambit's pants for...research. Research. Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    Ah, a palette cleanser!!! You do us all a service. ::tips hat::

What is all the more evident in seeing this picture again is that Gambit has pulled off the greatest heist in history. He has secretly stolen over into Duggan's X-Men, broken into Orchis-Sinister-Suit-Club's closet, stolen his pants, and in a comparison of WHO WORE IT BEST, GAMBIT IS VICTORIOUS.

This is a major coup, to be even more fab than Sinister. Now I wanna see him in the fringed cape.

Also, I was staring at Gambit's pants for...research. Research. Yes.
    The bit of hair on the pecs and around the navel... I'm sorry what were we talking about? Yes to all of the above!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I really wouldn’t be too worried about Gambit. Everything in this series with the Siege feels like it’s building up to fixing Otherworld Resurrection to me.
    I hope it means his marriage is over. Is it?
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Mighty Member

Well. Wow. They uh…they merc’d him. Only two pages dedicated to it. First off shout out to the artwork it was pretty good. And some pretty nice panels. But could you imagine if Gambit did all that and Merlyn is just ok after that? Rogue is leaving the X-men team I believe as well so I wonder if she will be brought in to fill Gambit’s role for awhile. I wonder if this will have something to do with Destiny hating him. So many thoughts.

I do want to give them credit because actually killing him off does take some balls to do knowing how popular Gambit is. But if his death was just a setup im gonna rage

I owe some people some pop tarts cause I secretly made the bet with everyone in the thread because I really thought they were faking us out

I'm sad. He had a good run though. Like 32 years without being killed off. That's pretty good in comics. Was he in X-Men #12 at all? How long is KoX supposed to be? Shatterstar is my 2nd favourite character but I might drop it out of spite of there's more than 3 issues left.

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 2.36.38 PM.jpg

there's an itty bitty laughing remy in the flashback where rogue gives her impassioned "why i want to be an x-man" speech. btw, that word bubble is the speech. the whole speech.

remy did die once before. cich aerated his brain and fazia brought him back.

I'm really not very worried about this, there's been a ton of set up in Knights about the Siege Perilous and Otherworld resurrections and all that. I would be surprised if Gambit is not back by the end of the arc.

I'm really not very worried about this, there's been a ton of set up in Knights about the Siege Perilous and Otherworld resurrections and all that. I would be surprised if Gambit is not back by the end of the arc.
    It is highly likely. What I do doubt is that this death will do Gambit any good. Tini seems incapable of writing a halfway decent Gambit and otherworld+resurrection leaves many open doors for changes. Small or big.

Death or not this issue did him no favors. Gather all the unfavorable situations Tini has put Gambit in over the course of Excalibur and KoX and it’s hard not to see this as just escalation in what seems like mission to move Gambit away from what he, largely, has been since his debut.

I don't count the Cich death because he was back a few panels later. If you factor in those kind of quick deaths pretty much everyone died during big cosmic events like Secret Wars or Infinity gauntlet stuff.

After reading the last page with the Grimoire, I'm really thinking Gambit is coming back as Death or something. There are some lines that specially talk about Death needing to be selfless and also be willing to die etc. and Gambit was already death and conically never got ride of it. Call me delusional (no really call me it, maybe I will snap back to reality) but I think Gambit will be ok, he's just going to go through a little rough patch. He will be back better than ever under Tini's pen!! Defiantly!!!.... Well... Maybe... I hope........ He's %^&*@# isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Nopozyzy View Post
    I'm sad. He had a good run though. Like 32 years without being killed off. That's pretty good in comics. Was he in X-Men #12 at all? How long is KoX supposed to be? Shatterstar is my 2nd favourite character but I might drop it out of spite of there's more than 3 issues left.
    Yeah 32 years wow, and so many writers wanted to kill him off before this too...

So is Knight's a Mini series or is it a full blown ongoing? About the spite thing... Yeah I'm definably feeling spittey, but I don't wanna jump to conclusions. Only good thing was just before Remy bit it there was a timely placed ad for his Solo coming out probably to cushion the blow... Wow really?

Is this a spoiler free thread or is it better not to post images? I feel like we are already talking a lot about it. Just wanna make sure.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    LOL fair.

I'm just saying, the death is still only part of things, we always knew whoever died, they were going to come back, it was just a matter of how. If I've already played myself, no reason not to double down. Remy drew the Death card with intent and told Merlyn he had the perfect card for him, and the clear implication was that when Merlyn said he had no idea the power or magic he had in his hands there, he underestimated just what Remy does know and can make use of....and since as the story pointed out, Death in a Tarot sense actually just means transformation or change, I'm still not ruling out that Remy somehow engineered his own return. His death might have been this issue's dramatic cliffhanger moment, but given that we KNOW its not the end for him, we're just not sure HOW....and we still have several potential Chekhov's guns in play (possible magic from the Death card, the Siege Perilous, Mercator's own powers which have brought people back from death before, without changing them).....at this point I might as well stick with the theory that flawed resurrection and coming back changed isn't the only possible avenue still in front of Remy's character. *Shrugs*

If I still end up wrong, I end up wrong, lol. It won't be the first time, or the last. I'm cool with it, haha.
    Your analysis might still be on point. Remember what you said in your previous analysis about Justice? Seems kind of odd that Gambit is randomly yelling at Merlin about how he was Death before. I initially wrote it off as bad dialogue but when I thought about your previous analysis about him going on his weird soliloquies was really him activating a spell, maybe he really did have a plan, and that Death card essentially tanked the death for him. He might just stand back up next month.