Page 56 of 100 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Because I don’t think it’s coincidental that Claremont’s run is coming out right as this happens.
    Well the ad placement could not have been more obvious. I wonder if they released this mini because they knew people would hate the changes Gambit is/will undergo.. Typically I don't think Marvel cares about stuff like that, but it has me worried because they delayed his mini for wjhat seems like 2-3 months seemingly to sync with his death.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    He has ben missmanaged for years. Perhaps decades.
    Defiantly, do you think you can pinpoint an exact issues/arc where you first thought hmmm I don't like where this is going, not one bit.... For me it was defiantly the original Deathbit (them wanting him to be a bad guy so badly, trying to off Rogue the reason for joining Apoc... etc..) or somewhere around X-Men Legacy (when he turned into a moopey sideguy). We're just going to need a prayer circle that Remy boy comes out of this better, which he may. I just cant see them trying to ruin him anymore than he already has.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Spells need energy to work. Mutants have energy to spare. Voila.

Mutant magic.
    I remember many people, me included, still had problems understanding what Howard tried to establish with the whole "mutant magic" thing even after more than 12 issues of Excalibur.

Meanwhile this makes sense in just 3 sentences.

And involves no weird mystification of mutants, but just expand the potential behind their established super powers.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Which means the amount of magic a mutant can funnel into a spell, by hacking their own mutant energies and re-tasking them…is a direct reflection of how much energy a mutant normally has to work with. The more powerful the mutant, the more powerful the spells they can fuel. But all mutants are really doing different than other magic users is hooking up a different battery to the same set of power tools. So…they still need spells to channel all that magical energy INTO. Focuses to shape that energy and transform it into a specific outcome.

(...)

And maybe THAT’S the big secret of mutant magic, and why Apocalypse of all people was so keen on having mutant covens, first with the High Lords, then with their group, though he tried to control how much knowledge and info the rest of them had on all things magical, in order to keep those combined mutant energies directed where he wanted them to go…when feasibly, there’s every possibility that mutant magic at its core is simply a way to pool individual mutant energies in a coven so that ANY individual within the coven can draw from that combined pool of power to fuel a spell…no matter how much of that pooled power is from that individual mutant’s contribution to it.

If mutant technology is basically just all about cooperation, figuring out how to make individual mutant powers slot together in order to form bigger circuits capable of things those mutant powers can’t accomplish solo…maybe mutant magic is all about community. Figuring out how to make individual mutant energies mingle together in a shared pot any contributing mutant can dip into as needed.
    So basicly focusing the natural increased energy of mutants into a form the spellcaster can focus into a more specific purpose than the direct combination of their actual powers would allow?

You know. Back when it was established, i felt the whole "X is better than O for magic because it needs fewer people" concept was rubbish. Since it didn't make sense that not everyone would have discovered it ages ago and switched to it.

However if Apocalypse was intentionaly talking bull and it was only stronger for their spell because the people involved had a stronger personal connection to it as symbol, it would make a lot more sense.

Kind of like when in horror stories a religious symbol only works at repelling evil if the people wielding it belief in it.
    Last edited by Grunty; 06-28-2022 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    Well luckily were a week away from the big #03, so far its been like ripping the band aid off slowly.. But I'm really interested in what's going to happen. I don't know how you guys survived reading comics month to month, it feels like a real grind.

Speaking of powers can anyone explain this to me from X-Treme X-Men.

In the first image Gambit charges up a rock and flicks it to a pillar but it gets stuck in a forcefield.

Then in the next scene Gambit talks about pushing the rock through the forcefield even though hes still tied up, and cant make physical contact with the stone.

Then finally Gambit seems to push the rock?

So what's up with that? Can Gambit control things after he throws it? Am I missing something? Or is it just plot mechanisms? I mean I know it all depends on the writer, but I wish he controlled the movement of things he charges that would be cool. I know New Son could freeze things/people in place with his powers. Would be cool it Gambit could do the same with things he charges.
    in xtreme i believe Claremont identified gambit's powers as tactile telekinesis so i think that is why he was able to move objects he already charged and cause them to explode. Though he was also being amped up as mentioned.
    Last edited by jwatson; 06-28-2022 at 07:10 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Yeah low book sales probably contributed but I would think by now everyone would have got wind of it and really started talking about it. Or maybe the Resurrection Protocols have numbed everyone to deaths as meaningless. And not worth talking about. Has anyone big really big died since resurrection protocols were implemented?

Also I will say him dying to Merlin actually kinda annoys me cause I absolutely do not understand why we are fighting Merlin in an X-men book. That had been a big pet peeve of mine for awhile now. I simply do not give a single crap about a Merlin character in a X-men book. I would have preferred he died to a Fury or something. Merlin is such a bad character to me and I hate that he’s the one who did it. I at least better hear about some characters reacting to this next issues of X-men. Storm, Rogue, Wolverine heck even X23. I better see some kind of a reaction in universe even if we don’t get so much around here
    Yeah I expected it to be mentioned in X-men 12. A part of me is still stuck in the old times where issues where interconnected and characters reacted on a weekly basis. Perhaps the gala issue will be the one where it is mentioned. KoX is also separated from other teams with the whole stuck in otherworld theme. Can they communicate regularly? Does Rogue know yet? Anyone outside of KoX?

My guess atm is that the gala issue will use Gambits death to set up the next step in the Rogue and Irene plot. To be followed up in Immortal one would assume.

Well the ad placement could not have been more obvious. I wonder if they released this mini because they knew people would hate the changes Gambit is/will undergo.. Typically I don't think Marvel cares about stuff like that, but it has me worried because they delayed his mini for wjhat seems like 2-3 months seemingly to sync with his death.

Defiantly, do you think you can pinpoint an exact issues/arc where you first thought hmmm I don't like where this is going, not one bit.... For me it was defiantly the original Deathbit (them wanting him to be a bad guy so badly, trying to off Rogue the reason for joining Apoc... etc..) or somewhere around X-Men Legacy (when he turned into a moopey sideguy). We're just going to need a prayer circle that Remy boy comes out of this better, which he may. I just cant see them trying to ruin him anymore than he already has.
    I would say Antarctica was the start. All that build up and then a writer switch for that issue. Rogue and the team behaving odd. Marvel seemed to be unsure what they wanted to do with Gambit. We got Fabian’s great run. So perhaps it was just bad communication.

If not Antarctica then Quesada taking over. Canceling Gambits solo. Claremont saying he got Gambit in Xtreme because no one else had picked him and that felt odd to him.

So even if Claremont did good for Gambit it shows Marvel as a company was lost on Gambit.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Seeing the ad next to this page kind of makes my blood boil lol It's so obvious that Marvel is just trying to get us to keep throwing money at them even though they've done f*** all with Gambit the last couple years. And what sucks is if the book is boycotted then Marvel will just read it as "Gambit isn't as popular as he used to be" and won't use him again. Which, maybe is okay but now I'm all worried about Tini/Marvel trying to reinvent him, so another part of me feels like I need to pick this mini up bc Claremont writes him well (usually).
    Make Good Art

Has anyone else read X-Men Red #4 wow seems very relevant to Gambit's situation. And by the look of the original book order release schedule it should have come out before KOX #3.

I would say Antarctica was the start. All that build up and then a writer switch for that issue. Rogue and the team behaving odd. Marvel seemed to be unsure what they wanted to do with Gambit. We got Fabian’s great run. So perhaps it was just bad communication.

If not Antarctica then Quesada taking over. Canceling Gambits solo. Claremont saying he got Gambit in Xtreme because no one else had picked him and that felt odd to him.

So even if Claremont did good for Gambit it shows Marvel as a company was lost on Gambit.
    Hmmm from what I read they were going to use Gambit in New X-Men, Marvel even had a plot planned out for him, but Chris took him. And it sucks when Gambit's solo got canceled his solo was selling more than Deadpool's who still got to continue. odd stuff from marvel.

Hmmm from what I read they were going to use Gambit in New X-Men, Marvel even had a plot planned out for him, but Chris took him. And it sucks when Gambit's solo got canceled his solo was selling more than Deadpool's who still got to continue. odd stuff from marvel.
    I can’t remember exactly where I read that part with Claremont and extreme. I think it was an interview or perhaps an old forum thread with him.

Quesada and those cancelings lost me Gambit and X-man(I really liked the Ellis era). Such a shame. I think Bendis and that weird HoM cameo was a bad sign.

Has anyone else read X-Men Red #4 wow seems very relevant to Gambit's situation. And by the look of the original book order release schedule it should have come out before KOX #3.
    Please share your thoughts on how Red#4 relates to Gambit’s situation!

Mighty Member

Yeah whatever they planning seems controversial. They doing some prep work probably. The only other option is they are testing Claremont’s abilities now to see if he can still bring good content

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    in xtreme i believe Claremont identified gambit's powers as tactile telekinesis so i think that is why he was able to move objects he already charged and cause them to explode. Though he was also being amped up as mentioned.
    I always went back and forth between if Claremont meant for Gambits powers to just be a simple supercharge or he meant for powers to be more complex. Though we do have hints about Gambit’s telekinesis with his ability to resist telepaths. There’s been several different explanations of this from mental powers to having a energy field made up of kinetic energy.

Yeah I expected it to be mentioned in X-men 12. A part of me is still stuck in the old times where issues where interconnected and characters reacted on a weekly basis. Perhaps the gala issue will be the one where it is mentioned. KoX is also separated from other teams with the whole stuck in otherworld theme. Can they communicate regularly? Does Rogue know yet? Anyone outside of KoX?

My guess atm is that the gala issue will use Gambits death to set up the next step in the Rogue and Irene plot. To be followed up in Immortal one would assume.
    I don’t think they finally had Gambit meet her and her hate him for nothing. Hoping it leads to something

Mighty Member

I haven’t read #4 because I stopped after they…you know…with Vulcan and Tarn. But it’s interesting how two of the strongest energy manipulators in X-men both shared the same fight in basically the same issue number. If both return at their peak power I need to see an interaction. Especially with them both being gone for the complete opposite reasons. One selfish, one selfless

I was enjoying reading the book somewhat but it kinda just seems like a Storm and Magneto book. I like both of their characters don’t get me wrong but I never read comics for them.

In theory, if continuity is respected, Remy should return with his personality without any change.... WANDA RECENTLY FIXED THINGS SO THAT THESE TYPES OF THINGS HAVE A SOLUTION.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    In theory, if continuity is respected, Remy should return with his personality without any change.... WANDA RECENTLY FIXED THINGS SO THAT THESE TYPES OF THINGS HAVE A SOLUTION.
    The Waiting Room has nothing to do with the Otherworld changes. They've plainly established this and its why the Waiting Room hasn't been used to restore Rockslide or Gorgon. The Waiting Room is a solution for 'grabbing' any mutants who are lost or out of reach of Cerebro, or are latent mutants or who died before Cerebro came online. None of that is the issue with Otherworld resurrections - with Otherworld resurrections, the back-ups are THERE, its just they're over-written by the amalgamative properties of Otherworld. There's nothing for Wanda's Waiting Room TO fix, because as far as the parameters she created it with are in mind, there's no problem.....Otherworld resurrectees already HAVE an essence that can be placed into their husks, its just....a whole new being copied and pasted ATOP the previously existing version of themselves.

I still think there's plenty of different ways they can take Remy's return and I honestly have no idea at this point which one they'll use, but the Waiting Room isn't one of them, and its not due to ignoring continuity or the existence of the Waiting Room, its just....the WR has never been a fix for Otherworld resurrections, and there's never been any indication given that it might be. Again, its why Rockslide and Gorgon remain as they've been post-Otherworld resurrection, even as they've appeared multiple times IN books that directly acknowledge the Waiting Room's existence.