Page 59 of 100 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    When I got to meet James Asmus at my LCS I asked him if Gambit could play an instrument and he said harmonica.
    Whoa! Was it a big comic shop?

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    Whoa! Was it a big comic shop?
    http://www.cnjcomics.com/site/

it's this one. it's big to me. and when i say 'local' its still an hour and a half away. i was the only one there to see mr asmus - but it was xmas time, late at night, and he was just home for the holiday. he remembered me from the Gambit Guild forum! soooo nice.

claremont was there last year, but the line was 8 hours long so i never got to meet him. my friend ahead of me in line took my copy of XXM8 (with the gambit cover) and CC was so happy to see it bc no one else brought any xxm comics.

i just got my cc and asmus signed comics framed, just need to put up the picture shelves! i'll have my comics and my comiccon my little ponies on my home office wall.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    If Gambit were to play an instrument, I always thought he'd be a bass player...or play the harmonica.
    Of all the instruments I could see him playing harmonica for fun. But I personally see him learning piano. Cause he’s a thief. It helps with finger dexterity and if he’s a good pianist rich people would invite him to play which would allow him to rob them from inside the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    I’m

That’s a choice. lol looks like he and Jean are looking at each other or maybe she’s looking away
    I know, right?! Makes one wonder, though. I mean, considering what she said about him back in X-Men #1 (1991):

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! Makes one wonder, though. I mean, considering what she said about him back in X-Men #1 (1991):

I have always liked Remy and Jean. There is something there to build on. Though most seems content with using her with Scott, Logan and Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    I have always liked Remy and Jean. There is something there to build on. Though most seems content with using her with Scott, Logan and Emma.
    saaame! it's very uptown girl/downtown man energy.

Astonishing Member

There was a brief window around the 2000/Revolution era, when Jean and Remy were on a team together and Cyclops was still off being carjacked by Apocalypse's ghost, when Jean/Remy had a fair number of shippers in fandom. Back when X-Men fandom congregated around various geocities sites, fic archives and yahoo mailing list groups fhaklhfklahfklhfaklfa.

Y'know. The Ancient Times.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I kind of thought Remy and Jean would happen in Red, which would’ve been interesting
    Make Good Art

I think I remember some super cute fanfic about Gambit/Jean around that time. Maybe by Dandesun? title: ‘I Saw Mommy Kissing…That Flonquing Bastard Remy LeBeau’ or something similar. Haha loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    There was a brief window around the 2000/Revolution era, when Jean and Remy were on a team together and Cyclops was still off being carjacked by Apocalypse's ghost, when Jean/Remy had a fair number of shippers in fandom. Back when X-Men fandom congregated around various geocities sites, fic archives and yahoo mailing list groups fhaklhfklahfklhfaklfa.

Y'know. The Ancient Times.
    Yeah, and you'll never guess who was the writer during that 2000/Revolution era (LOL):

Looks like Claremont still held on to his ideas from his last stint with the X-Men!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

They couldn’t get along. Cooking would just destroy them lol.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yHTAUclH01U

The cooking episode is forever ingrained as an essential part of their characters in my mind, I don’t care if it’s not in the 616 comic universe.

I was trying to remember what happened when the x-men got the Siege Perilous the first time after Fall of the Mutants, and from what I recall 9 XMen sacrificed their souls to save the world from a demon invasion. Roma was impressed and brought them back to life and gave them the SP as like a bonus gift.

This time, Gambit ‘sacrificed’ himself while Roma watched, can’t she just bring him back too? If she can do 9 mutants, why not one scrappy Cajun? Is it coincidental that it took 9 XMen to close the demon gate portal in Fall of the Mutants and we currently have 9 knights left on the roster?

Wouldn’t it be a trip if they gave Excalibur back to CC after KoX?

I feel like Tini would want to put her own spin/mark on the SP thingy. I just hope it’s wrapped up by issue 5 and doesn’t become a D plot for what ever book is going to spawn from KOX.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    The cooking episode is forever ingrained as an essential part of their characters in my mind, I don’t care if it’s not in the 616 comic universe.

I was trying to remember what happened when the x-men got the Siege Perilous the first time after Fall of the Mutants, and from what I recall 9 XMen sacrificed their souls to save the world from a demon invasion. Roma was impressed and brought them back to life and gave them the SP as like a bonus gift.

This time, Gambit ‘sacrificed’ himself while Roma watched, can’t she just bring him back too? If she can do 9 mutants, why not one scrappy Cajun? Is it coincidental that it took 9 XMen to close the demon gate portal in Fall of the Mutants and we currently have 9 knights left on the roster?

Wouldn’t it be a trip if they gave Excalibur back to CC after KoX?
    CC's instagram that was posted here says he has another book after Gambit. I think it is either Exiles or the follow up on KOX.

Well the Gala is almost here. Wanna get your bets in on whether or not Cinderella (Remy, he's got a gown and everything) will make it to the ball? When his outfit came out I was 99.9999% sure he was. Now honestly I'm at 15%? And that's pushing it. And yet I'll still be a little shocked if they trolled us with an outfit. They really like to twist the knife before the pull it out don't they?