Page 6 of 100 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    The Black womb Is a mutant incubator
    Gambits parents Gave there genetic material to the black womb project
    And gambit was carried and birthed by Amanda muller the black womb
    Yeah I want more of this story! Remy's one of the rarer mutants who has appeared mutant since birth. It's not impossible his parents were nobody's, but it seems like there is way more to the story from hints. And why has he never tried to track them down ... or HAS he? Now there's something for a miniseries!

Fantastic Member

https://strawpoll.com/29jfauaobHelp me votes Gambit as the last man in this poll.
    Last edited by Mutant101; 01-17-2022 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    https://strawpoll.com/29jfauaobHelp me votes Gambit as the last man in this poll.
    Yeah, I have been voting in these polls on Reddit. Just to be clear to everyone in this thread, you are supposed to vote for your least favorite character in this poll. If you want Gambit to make it farther in this game don't actually vote for him lol.

Unfortunately, given the nature of this kind of polling, I don't think Gambit will make it as far as he would in a regular popularity poll based on picking your favorite. Gambit, sadly, has a lot of haters.
    Last edited by thjan; 01-17-2022 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Unfortunately, given the nature of this kind of polling, I don't think Gambit will make it as far as he would in a regular popularity poll based on picking your favorite. Gambit, sadly, has a lot of haters.
    I remember these boards just to have several very vocal people who proclaimed to hate Gambit. Lot of trolling and hostility from them.

Things like that has shaped me to always remember that every character is someone's favorite. To try to have empathy and solidarity with other fans. If I liked a story that was controversial I listen to the fans of that character. See their point and let the facts change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Yeah I want more of this story! Remy's one of the rarer mutants who has appeared mutant since birth. It's not impossible his parents were nobody's, but it seems like there is way more to the story from hints. And why has he never tried to track them down ... or HAS he? Now there's something for a miniseries!
    Gambits birth records have been erased

But I Believe Gloria Dayne Aka Fontanelle and gambit are siblings

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Gambits birth records have been erased

But I Believe Gloria Dayne Aka Fontanelle and gambit are siblings
    Right. Pretty darn suspicious.

I need to read that new X-Men: Legends. No one ever made a spoilers thread!

Fabian`s Gambit solo hinted that he was a product of the Black Womb project (by Amanda Muller, Sinister and Dark Beast). Remy`s origin was similar to New Sun who had a bigger version of Black Womb project called as Alpha-One.
    Nothing was confirmed.
    X-Men Legends 10 gave some sparkles and I liked it.
    Also Claremont used Muller and Black Womb a little bit in his X-Men Forever so there is a chance we will get more in Gambit 2022.

Last edited by Purplevit; 01-18-2022 at 08:34 AM.

Astonishing Member

Marvel should just gone ahead and make Remy the third Summers brother.

I don't want Gambit to be just a one more Summers.
    Would be fine if Sinister used Summers energy to create machine that helped to bring back Adam Essex back to life. I want Gambit to be a real Sinister son. Not a clone.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 01-18-2022 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Would be fine if Sinister used Summers energy to create machine that helped to bring back Adam Essex back to life. I want Gambit to be a real Sinister son. Not a clone.
    Oh that’s amazing theory

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Yeah this is my favorite headcannon/fan theory - Gambit as an augmented Adam Essex clone, in Sinister's experiments to "fix" his deceased son.

Perhaps Amanda Mueller contributed her mutant DNA and/or served as the surrogate, which would give Remy a Summers connection though not make him a literal brother.

But then the question becomes how that fits in with Jean-Luc's story regarding stealing him for the Antiquary. Why wouldn't Sinister go looking for him, unless he was just one of many many embryos from the lab. Did Amanda Mueller arrange for the Antiquary to steal him? So many questions.

Yeah this is my favorite headcannon/fan theory - Gambit as an augmented Adam Essex clone, in Sinister's experiments to "fix" his deceased son.

Perhaps Amanda Mueller contributed her mutant DNA and/or served as the surrogate, which would give Remy a Summers connection though not make him a literal brother.

But then the question becomes how that fits in with Jean-Luc's story regarding stealing him for the Antiquary. Why wouldn't Sinister go looking for him, unless he was just one of many many embryos from the lab. Did Amanda Mueller arrange for the Antiquary to steal him? So many questions.
    Secret cult of magical thieves is prob the last place Sinister would look. Maybe Sinister couldn’t find him until Remy manifested his mutant abilities. Or Sinister chucked baby Remy in the garbage baby pile and someone snuck him out. Years later, Sinister says: oh, garbage baby is still alive? I’ll look into that.

Mueller’s longevity could have been imparted on Gambit. The Witness looks hella old. Boy, if he and Fonte end up siblings, that’s going to be an awkward Luke and Leia moment, considering Fontanelle couldn’t keep her hands off dream-Gambit. Ew.

Please no clones, please no Summers relation. Think Remy is safe from that, no way the writers would make Gambit part of the Cyke the golden boy’s famdamnly.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    Secret cult of magical thieves is prob the last place Sinister would look. Maybe Sinister couldn’t find him until Remy manifested his mutant abilities. Or Sinister chucked baby Remy in the garbage baby pile and someone snuck him out. Years later, Sinister says: oh, garbage baby is still alive? I’ll look into that.

Mueller’s longevity could have been imparted on Gambit. The Witness looks hella old. Boy, if he and Fonte end up siblings, that’s going to be an awkward Luke and Leia moment, considering Fontanelle couldn’t keep her hands off dream-Gambit. Ew.

Please no clones, please no Summers relation. Think Remy is safe from that, no way the writers would make Gambit part of the Cyke the golden boy’s famdamnly.
    I used to want Gambit to be a Summers brother but then I looked at what happened to those characters. Did they benefit?

Havok and Cyke have had a tumultuous relationship. Havok has not been treated great over the years. To many inversion, villain, brainwashed and so on stories.

Vulcan. Mentally unstable. But then he is an omega and suffers because of that. His Summers connection and opposition role is the driving force behind his reason to exist.

Adam X. He has been a internet joke longer then a character. Of course he can be salvaged but he has suffered the great expectations of being a Summers.

So I ask myself what would Gambit gain by being a Summers? More exposure? Probably.
    Beneficial exposure? If they find a good sibling balance between Scott and Remy then yes. Looking at the other brothers it seems to be an uphill battle.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post

LOL Oh man ... something about Sinister having a collection of garbage babies just seems hilarious and spot on. Like all just sitting in a can and angrily looking up at him. But seriously when you're working in genetics it's not like you create one embryo usually. If Sinister or Mueller were tinkering there would probably have been a whole batch of different genetic combinations and a single embryo could easily be misplaced or stolen.

The thing with Amanda Mueller though ... is isn't she a distant relative back in the Summers family tree? Making Remy related to her would be an interesting way to throw credence to the Summers brother theory, without making him any sort of actual Summers brother. More like ... distant uncle or cousin twice removed blah blah thing. I don't see much resemblance to Fontanelle, but who knows. Definitely awkward, but it could be worse.

Astonishing Member

LOL Oh man ... something about Sinister having a collection of garbage babies just seems hilarious and spot on. Like all just sitting in a can and angrily looking up at him. But seriously when you're working in genetics it's not like you create one embryo usually. If Sinister or Mueller were tinkering there would probably have been a whole batch of different genetic combinations and a single embryo could easily be misplaced or stolen.

The thing with Amanda Mueller though ... is isn't she a distant relative back in the Summers family tree? Making Remy related to her would be an interesting way to throw credence to the Summers brother theory, without making him any sort of actual Summers brother. More like ... distant uncle or cousin twice removed blah blah thing. I don't see much resemblance to Fontanelle, but who knows. Definitely awkward, but it could be worse.
    Yeah, Scott, Alex and Gabe's grandfather Philip Summers is the grandson of Daniel Summers and Amanda Mueller. Don't care enough to try and navigate the headache of what manner of second cousin or uncle that would make Remy if Amanda Mueller is his mother in some fashion, lol, but there would be a definite relation.

Tbh, I wouldn't mind Remy being revealed as the fifth Summers brother or some kind of Summers family relation just for Scott to try and be like "hey welcome to the family - " only Remy just shuts that **** down, and is like nope, nope, nope. Not doing this. And he's like wait what?

Remy: "No offense, Cyke, I like you and your brothers and your multiple versions of the same wife and your time traveling future kids and messianic granddaughter and all that, but you messy. Your family be messy as hell, always just one family tree branch shy of destroying de whole space/time continuum with the sheer weight of your collective absurdity, and I just don't got time for that, non? So let's just pretend we never found out what we just found out and you go be a Summers and I be a LeBeau, and that's that."

Scott: "But..."

Remy: "Nope."

Scott: "I can't just...."

Remy: "Hear anything over all dis noise outside? Me neither."

Any time after that Scott tries to reveal their connection or tell people that Remy's a Summers brother or uncle or cousin or whatever:

Remy: "Got literally no idea what this man is talking about. Can you imagine? Me? A Summers? LOL. Someone better get down to Arbor Magna and check that things all ship-shape with the rez protocols, cuz sounds to me like this latest batch of Cyclops came out de EZ-Bake oven a little too early, you know what I'm saying?"
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 01-19-2022 at 01:30 AM.