Page 76 of 100 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1498

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    Gambit #5 Variant was really hoping he was doing one of these.
    Can you identify all the outfits?
    not enough shirtless versions in the front. :-( #bigthirsttrapfail

also reminds me that his 90s look in the middle is absolutely perfect.

Kind of funny Gambit only has 1-2 uniforms with pink. Wouldn’t you say pink is Gambit’s official color?

Mighty Member

Kind of funny Gambit only has 1-2 uniforms with pink. Wouldn’t you say pink is Gambit’s official color?
    It’s technically considered fuschia. Which is a purplish reddish color. It’s named after the fuschia plant. It’s a way we could justify liking gambit as kids without saying pink lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    It’s technically considered fuschia. Which is a purplish reddish color. It’s named after the fuschia plant. It’s a way we could justify liking gambit as kids without saying pink lol
    Dies screaming laughing.

Our high school PE/health teacher/coach was straight outta the 70s, wore shorty shorts like Forge on regular days and had this pink shiny leisure suit he wore on staff dress up days. He also had a east Texas accent, used a tanning booth regularly, and a comb over (to paint a picture) We said: Mr D why are you wearing that pink suit? He announced to the class loudly: ‘This ain’t pink! It’s MAUV-RE!’ Which is something I think about every time I look at Gambit’s outfit. I can just hear it in my head in MrD’s voice - “THIS AINT PINK ITS MAGENTA.”

Edit:
    Also guessing from the future Gambit solo covers and the Claremont interview that this mysterious ’Marissa’ past-love-interest wore the not-pink uniform first, and Gambit adopts it. Now if there’s another woman fridged for Gambit’s story, I’m going to be freaking irritated.
    Last edited by NicoPony; 08-18-2022 at 06:15 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    Dies screaming laughing.

Our high school PE/health teacher/coach was straight outta the 70s, wore shorty shorts like Forge on regular days and had this pink shiny leisure suit he wore on staff dress up days. He also had a east Texas accent, used a tanning booth regularly, and a comb over (to paint a picture) We said: Mr D why are you wearing that pink suit? He announced to the class loudly: ‘This ain’t pink! It’s MAUV-RE!’ Which is something I think about every time I look at Gambit’s outfit. I can just hear it in my head in MrD’s voice - “THIS AINT PINK ITS MAGENTA.”
    Man none of my teachers ever got dressed up. Dude sounds like a fun teacher. I loved when teachers had their own style but none went super far out with their style. I do know where I grew up everyone dressed in bright colors. We called it “peacocking” it’s like flexing on people with your style. The shirt the shoes the hat all had to match and you had to pick the craziest color you could find. I think that’s also why Gambit is so relatable to a lot of minority kids, the flashy fashion trying to stand out is so relatable. When Channing Tatum acknowledged that part of Gambits flashiness a lot of gambit fans I knew smiled at that.
    Also
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lrLOZj0CSqM

Dies screaming laughing.

This is the most amazing mental imagery ever.

Man none of my teachers ever got dressed up. Dude sounds like a fun teacher. I loved when teachers had their own style but none went super far out with their style. I do know where I grew up everyone dressed in bright colors. We called it “peacocking” it’s like flexing on people with your style. The shirt the shoes the hat all had to match and you had to pick the craziest color you could find. I think that’s also why Gambit is so relatable to a lot of minority kids, the flashy fashion trying to stand out is so relatable. When Channing Tatum acknowledged that part of Gambits flashiness a lot of gambit fans I knew smiled at that.
    Also
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lrLOZj0CSqM
    Yes - This perfectly captures/explains the whole "why" of the "not pink" look. I love it! Even enjoying his all black X-Treme costume or his Clay Mann "Snake Eyes" costume for those scenarios, the classic magenta/fushia costume is really his defining superhero look and it's ALL about bravado. Like ... here I am, now I dare you to hit me.

I am legit crying laughing and it’s not just the hay fever. I can’t believe this exists.

Absolutely peacocking. I crowed when I read Tatum’s quote on Gambit fashion. Yes! He gets it! Do not take yourself too seriously. That is why the first two Thor movies sucked. Wear pink shirts and cyan boots. When people say: thieves don’t wear metal boots you say: your ability to suspend disbelief needs readjusted, mon ami! Now lookit these gloves I got that only cover two fingers! a-Hahaha!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    This is the most amazing mental imagery ever.

Yes - This perfectly captures/explains the whole "why" of the "not pink" look. I love it! Even enjoying his all black X-Treme costume or his Clay Mann "Snake Eyes" costume for those scenarios, the classic magenta/fushia costume is really his defining superhero look and it's ALL about bravado. Like ... here I am, now I dare you to hit me.
    The Gambit drip is unmatched ��. His closet probably got some wild stuff lol

I am legit crying laughing and it’s not just the hay fever. I can’t believe this exists.

Absolutely peacocking. I crowed when I read Tatum’s quote on Gambit fashion. Yes! He gets it! Do not take yourself too seriously. That is why the first two Thor movies sucked. Wear pink shirts and cyan boots. When people say: thieves don’t wear metal boots you say: your ability to suspend disbelief needs readjusted, mon ami! Now lookit these gloves I got that only cover two fingers! a-Hahaha!
    I remember seeing the first Thor on tv and liking it. Not my favorite but I liked how they made the story more grounded. But obviously the tone wasn’t what Chris Hemsworth wanted cause he was thinking of quitting after Thor 2 lol. I’m still interested in seeing Chris’s audition tape for Gambit.

The Gambit drip is unmatched ��. His closet probably got some wild stuff lol

I remember seeing the first Thor on tv and liking it. Not my favorite but I liked how they made the story more grounded. But obviously the tone wasn’t what Chris Hemsworth wanted cause he was thinking of quitting after Thor 2 lol. I’m still interested in seeing Chris’s audition tape for Gambit.
    I wanted to quit after Thor 2 as well. but it was Covid stay at home, I had 2 weeks unused vacation and I wanted to be part of the pop culture zeitgeist. So I powered thru all of them, and I’m glad they made Thor 3, it was by far my favorite. What I didn’t like is after, when all the avengers team up, is that the characters who had a sense of humor, Thor, Ant Man, Star Lord, were no longer in on the joke, but the punchline. Then it stops being funny. I feel like that’s where Gambit has been for years. After awhile, it just feels mean-spirited. How many other X-Men get a French-speaking trench coat wearing android thief character created just to satirize the tropes of character you love? Add Deathbit fart-powers and the last three years of cat jokes and it’s just adding insult to injury.

Mighty Member

I wanted to quit after Thor 2 as well. but it was Covid stay at home, I had 2 weeks unused vacation and I wanted to be part of the pop culture zeitgeist. So I powered thru all of them, and I’m glad they made Thor 3, it was by far my favorite. What I didn’t like is after, when all the avengers team up, is that the characters who had a sense of humor, Thor, Ant Man, Star Lord, were no longer in on the joke, but the punchline. Then it stops being funny. I feel like that’s where Gambit has been for years. After awhile, it just feels mean-spirited. How many other X-Men get a French-speaking trench coat wearing android thief character created just to satirize the tropes of character you love? Add Deathbit fart-powers and the last three years of cat jokes and it’s just adding insult to injury.
    For me Ragnarok was a bit too funny. I haven’t seen part 4 as I’m kinda just waiting for X-men to come in 2025. I may end up checking out Echo to see if they setting up the Assassins Guild or maybe just wait to read articles about it idk. Haven’t decided yet.

Right now I’m just waiting for august 31 to get here so we can see Gambit #2

For me Ragnarok was a bit too funny. I haven’t seen part 4 as I’m kinda just waiting for X-men to come in 2025. I may end up checking out Echo to see if they setting up the Assassins Guild or maybe just wait to read articles about it idk. Haven’t decided yet.

Right now I’m just waiting for august 31 to get here so we can see Gambit #2
    Gambit #2 & KOX #5 comes out on the same day. Not to mention SOS info coming out next week maybe will get some info about Gambits future in comics. With X-Men 97 coming out next year I’m sure they will have something for him and the others.

Mighty Member

Gambit #2 & KOX #5 comes out on the same day. Not to mention SOS info coming out next week maybe will get some info about Gambits future in comics. With X-Men 97 coming out next year I’m sure they will have something for him and the others.
    You’re right. Part of me wishes they released them different days but the compare/contrast part of me wants to see them side by side. If Rogue is part of it seems likely Remy will be too. I still want to believe introducing Remy to Destiny was for a reason

Also Russell Dauterman released a textless version of the variant cover of Gambit

I agree with the bolded portion so much! Perfectly said.

What characters fill Gambit's absence for you? When Gambit isn't around I usually pick a substitute for my favourite character that is in the current lineup.

After his trial and abandonment I found that Maggott filled that role and kept things interesting.

After his 1st ongoing got cancelled and before he joined X-Treme it was Chamber who is still my second or third overall.

After he became Death, Warpath filled that void when he joined Uncanny.

Quote Originally Posted by Nopozyzy View Post
    What characters fill Gambit's absence for you? When Gambit isn't around I usually pick a substitute for my favourite character that is in the current lineup.

After his trial and abandonment I found that Maggott filled that role and kept things interesting.

After his 1st ongoing got cancelled and before he joined X-Treme it was Chamber who is still my second or third overall.

After he became Death, Warpath filled that void when he joined Uncanny.
    Great question! I was going to ask a similar question for some reading recommendations. For me I would have to go with Rogue and (Storm+Black panther). I started reading BP (2007) solo run that heavily featured Storm. It’s pretty good, didn’t know Storm was technically a FF member for a bit? Other than that it’s hard to replace the big G.

With the current books I like to keep up with Bishop for sure so I’m reading Marauders. And when Jubes gets a book I’ll likely pick that up as well.